• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Soul Calibur 6 designs appeared in online portfolio?

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Soul Calibur always has sexy designs if that's what you mean. If Taki could get in with her nipples visible in a mesh suit or whatever... this is nothing. Come on man.

Right?

He says this without a shred of irony knowing the DoA series exists and continues to produce beach games. Also, Namco isn't Nintendo.

Edit: Also, keep that BOLLOCKS of a character creator from Soul Calibur 4 out, please! Soul Calibur 5 character creator was perfection, take that very system and improve upon it. Maybe bring in create a soul only playstyles but not a deal breaker, just don't lump stats in with aesthetics, please.

Still don't believe it. The series is dead.

However, if it does happen, don't count on a Sophitia boob window making the cut lol. Maybe the middle design would be alright.
But then there's the issue of Ivy.. yeah, I don't envy Namco's job with making designs that are 'acceptable' in 2016.

If they ever get rid of the sexy in Soul Calibur the world will be a darker place

AmyS

Please bring back the dawn-to-dusk, day-to-night lighting transitions that Soul Edge | Soul Blade had!

2tn6zgd.jpg

LXm4pYA.jpg

4aNW8Vvg.jpg

A slight addendum to my last post in case it was missed: I love Soulcalibur but the designs on display here look like typical kind of eye-catchy designs that get thrown into mobile games from the East to me.

I want Soulcalibur 6 (I love Soulcalibur), but I have no faith that Namco is allowing it to happen.

I'm a bitter cynic on this topic, I'm sorry.

Would LOVE to be wrong.

Platy

Sophitia boobs looks to be the same size of the last one ... I would call this fake or at least unused art xD

Griss

Yes please. All the old classic characters like Seung Mina. Turn off the stupid bloom effect. Lots of single player content. Get rid of the rubbish character creation system and focus on making good costumes for each character.

I played some Soul Calibur 2 on Gamecube just the other day. It's still so incredibly good. I bought 4 and 5 but they just never hit the same heights for me.

Soul Calibur always has sexy designs if that's what you mean. If Taki could get in with her nipples visible in a mesh suit or whatever... this is nothing. Come on man.
Yes, I know. I've been playing the series from the very beginning. My point is that times have changed and people get riled up much more easily about this kind of stuff. As a result, I don't envy the person who has to design the characters this time around.
Right?

He says this without a shred of irony knowing the DoA series exists and continues to produce beach games. Also, Namco isn't Nintendo.
You do realize DOAX3 wasn't released out here for precisely the reason I was alluding to, right? As for "Namco isn't Nintendo", how about that Summer Lesson? That's a rhetorical question btw, don't answer it.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
I'll have to echo lots of single player content. I'd even take a reduced or even axed create-a-soul if we have a WEALTH of single player content that harkens back to SC2 and SC3.

Tyaren

The only thing that irks/worries me a bit...isn't usually Takuji Kawano the lead character designer and the one who does all character artworks from SC1 to SC5?

The designs in the OP are more or less sketches. Of course he doesn't do all designs and sketching himself...but these here look pretty finished to me:

sophitiapassionrepublic2-jpg.46661

natsupassionrepublic2-jpg.46657

kilikpassionrepublic2-jpg.46656

As a comparison Kawano's art:

b7415c26-42ad-4e0a-8128-9afa99b3192c.jpg

22114Z193T.jpg

6-140106144P7.jpg

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, I know. I've been playing the series from the very beginning. My point is that times have changed and people get riled up much more easily about this kind of stuff. As a result, I don't envy the person who has to design the characters this time around.

You do realize DOAX3 wasn't released out here for precisely the reason I was alluding to, right? As for "Namco isn't Nintendo", how about that Summer Lesson? That's a rhetorical question btw, don't answer it.

Fine, I get your point. Still, I personally don't think Soulcalibur will go the way of say...Street Fighter 5. That's just my gut feeling on the matter, but I could very well be wrong.

Fine, I get your point. Still, I personally don't think Soulcalibur will go the way of say...Street Fighter 5. That's just my gut feeling on the matter, but I could very well be wrong.
Don't get me wrong, I hope so too. I'm just being (depressingly) realistic about what to expect.
But then again I still have my doubts that any of this is real to begin with! lol

A slight addendum to my last post in case it was missed: I love Soulcalibur but the designs on display here look like typical kind of eye-catchy designs that get thrown into mobile games from the East to me.

I want Soulcalibur 6 (I love Soulcalibur), but I have no faith that Namco is allowing it to happen.

I'm a bitter cynic on this topic, I'm sorry.

Would LOVE to be wrong.

5 is the best game in the series. Even if the designs aren't as good as the previous games, the gameplay will be at the highest levels. You will probably be wrong.

5 is the best game in the series. Even if the designs aren't as good as the previous games, the gameplay will be at the highest levels. You will probably be wrong.

Garbage storyline and some questionable character choices aside, I actually did really like 5 in terms of gameplay. Original Patroklos was weaksauce but Alpha Pat was the shit. Making Setsuka his teacher and turning him into the Greek version of Kenshin made him awesome. The black and blue color scheme with no fur cape worked way better too.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Kilik, my one and only, is here. Good. :)

Soul Calibur 6 would be nice. Multiplat again, maybe even on NX with another Link cameo (or a new character, like Samus, perhaps?)...

Hmm...there is potential, and it all starts with Kilik.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Wasn't she dead?

The introduction of Astral Chaos (pocket dimension that powers Soul Edge and contains psychic echoes of people that encounter it) pretty much means anyone can come back to life if they feel like it.

That's basically how Cervantes became not a zombie.

Sophie finding out that (shockingly) Tira screwed her over would be adequate motivation for that.

I'd prefer them to ditch CaC for a more robust single player experience.
Ugh. That's as bad as EGM's pre SCV release interview where they offered the suggestion to Namco that eliminating all recurring characters in favor of JUST CaS would be "innovative".

1) It's not an either/or kinda thing. (Selling creation parts is another revenue stream they'd have to be willing to lose just to make a ten hour story mode that people would play once.)
2) There's a strong audience for CaS. Axing that would make SFV disappointment seem like sugar instead of salt.

PokéKong

They've typically been alternating between major Tekken releases and Soul Calibur for a while now, right? I would expect an announcement not long after Fated Retribution drops on consoles.

But anyway, if it were a vote I would go for that Nightmare in the middle. I always thought that red ponytail was the ideal iconic Nightmare, but having a big wild mane would be an awesome evolution of that style.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
As long as they retain Patroklos. Best character.

Smugtroklos.jpg

I agree though. I liked his standard moveset. One of the few that wasn't just a replacement, so he gets bonus points there. And I don't mind that he was a douche. Trying to pass him off as a repenting hero later was dumb though.

Top Bottom