• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Soul Calibur 6 designs appeared in online portfolio?

Malice215

Tekken and Soul Calibur have always existed beside each other. New games of both series were at times released in the same year. That means their announcements and promotion also overlapped each other. There's no harm in announcing Soul Calibur 6 before Tekken 7 is out on consoles. Tekken 7 is announced for over two years now and is already out in arcades for over one year. It had it's time in the limelight. As long as Soul Calibur is released a significant amount of time after Tekken 7 on consoles (maybe 6 months) they can really just go ahead and at least announce it in it's 20th anniversary year and the longest absence of a new game ever. Anything else would imo be ridiculous and even damaging to the franchise. Yeah, Tekken is more popular and thus more favored by Namco. But they don't have to additionally put a spoke in SC's wheel. It is one of their most prestigious brands too after all.

This is exactly why they won't make an announcement before Tekken 7 is out. They're not going to announce a new fighting game to compete against the one they're still working on. Why they would risk jeopardizing sales of Tekken 7 just to announce a new SC that theoretically wouldn't be out until at least 6 months away from it?

I just hope that something is announced soon so people can stop getting their hopes up at everything that has nothing to do with a new game, like artwork sitting on a public website that's not behind a NDA.

Hopefully they tone down the fanservice that spiraled out of control in the last few installment.

I am not getting my hopes up though.

They toned down the fanservice heavily with SCV, and the first casualty of that was Taki being replaced.

TreIII

Got excited for a hot second. But again, not expecting much when Tekken, the "favorite son", is the one getting the focus at the moment.

ReBurn

Gold Member
If I get Tekken and Soul Calibur in the same generation I will be so happy. After that they can remaster Ridge Racer 1-3 and release the HD collection.

• Every character from past games
  • Tons of customization and Create-a-Soul options
  • Remix classic stages
  • Guest characters as DLC so people who flip out about Darth Vader in Soul Calibur can skip him if they want
  • Steam Workshop support for costume and Create-A-Soul sharing
Please.

Nimby

Banned
Kilik's is good. Nightmare is pretty overdone, and Sophitia hasn't had a good main costume since SC2. Also, I hope Natsu was just there. If they're bringing any characters back from SC5, just let it be Viola please. Don't bring back any of those second-rate clones at least.

DrDogg

While these designs were confirmed to not be directly related to SC6, the official SC Facebook has been super active lately. With the 20th anniversary coming, it's hard to imagine SC6 isn't on the way. Just have to wait for Tekken 7 to move out of the way first.

Mista Koo

Haha, I feel like the only one that likes Natsu.
She's fun to play as, especially with Talim not being there.
I like her second costume, and I feel like her main costume is the reason people don't like her (essentially weaker Taki but without the two things that define Taki).

Azuardo

The Natsu fans are coming out :)

Yeah, I think that's the case that people don't mind her, but just like Taki better.

And I like her alt outfit, too.

I would definitely be down with this one tho:

natsupassionrepublic2-jpg.46657

Monocle

Awesome! I really love the Soul Calibur series. I need SC6.

Paging Monocle

None of these designs are really speaking to me, but I'm definitely on board for more SoulCalibur. (P.S. We need Hwang back please.)
I don't know, there are aspects of those Kilik costumes that appeal to me...

Esque7

Was it just me or did the SC5 character models not match their art all that well? Seemed like some weird disconnect.

I don't know, there are aspects of those Kilik costumes that appeal to me...
I'd be down with Kilik #1 or #3. (#2 just as a concept is cool too, but a bit too much fabric for SC I'd say.)

Though as long as we get some decent CaS (lack of) clothing options for the guys, I can work with anything really.

Kai Ozu

Fuck all the Natsu haters, she is the most buff incarnation of Taki's play style ever. She was super good in SCV.

Monocle

I'd be down with Kilik #1 or #3. (#2 just as a concept is cool too, but a bit too much fabric for SC I'd say.)

Though as long as we get some decent CaS (lack of) clothing options for the guys, I can work with anything really.
Yep. #1 is my favorite but #1 and #3 both fulfill the basic requirement of showing off some of the best parts of his hunky body.

I mean, what else do people look for in fighting games, honestly?

So even if this was real we've just completely given up on Hwang?

What'd a Hwang?

I've been bitter about that since SCII. III doesn't count and III AE didn't even get a console port where he (and Li Long) became standard characters. Still can't find a working patched SCIII AE for PS2 and i don't think they ever finished porting the AE content. Shame.

I have hopes VI is happening and hope to see something in the coming months. Maybe at PGW or TGS. The soul still burns! Or maybe we're all getting burned.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Reboot?

Natsu and Sophitia (lookin young and good) in the same game makes me think reboot. Nightmare looks fucking sick.

Lizardman please.

No Lizardman no buy.
I don't get the Lizardman hype, he's probably the dumbest character design in the history of the franchise. But hey, opinions.

No, because Seong Mi-Na is a better representation of what is written in Korean.

The Korean changes have been fascinating with the game. Hwang, Song MiNa and Yunseong all had their names revised. Arthur replaced Mitsurugi in the Korean arcade game and wasn't Hwang also a standard in place of Xianghua? That's not including the nice blue health bars they also got! Korean fans need to request Hwang more!

Skilletor

Why where the brown and black characters removed from SCV?

I know they did a sizable roster refresh but the new folks were all melanin-deficient.

It's pretty sad since Zas is one of the dopest characters ever AND his moveset was pretty much tailor made for the brave edge system and stuns they expanded on.

I know they did a sizable roster refresh but the new folks were all melanin-deficient.
A precursor to what they did in Tekken. Namco seems to have gotten the message and looks to be course correcting on that front, so hopefully that awareness continues into a Calibur sequel as well.

Steel

Banned

You know, I didn't actually think about it at the time because of SC V's character creator, but you're right. I sorely missed Zasalamel's style regardless.

Top Bottom