• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Postmortem - Insight into Ratchet & Clank 2016's development.

lol well maybe as an option then. The game can get pretty crazy with you having to dodge stuff from all around you. I don't know many kids who could beat this game.
Did you was the article? They talk about exactly that. There is an option for simplified kid controls.
Budget around this must have been ridiculously tight. Incoming check from Sony for a sequel incoming.
Sony knows they can always count on Insomniac to deliver a Ratchet and Clank for a reliable profit and timely release. Plus the genre variety is great.

All hail R&C

TwiztidElf

We knew that Ratchet & Clank would be the first console game for many kids. If all goes well, we thought, it’ll be a formative memory—the beginning of a lifetime of healthy game playing habits.
We took this responsibility seriously

This is Nintendo level care about the quality of the final product. Awesome stuff, and it shows in R+C. What an awesome dev philosophy.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
So if I'm understanding this article correctly, the full game was made in maybe 12-14 months?

I think it was like 18.5 months total, though a very small team for a portion of that just polishing... so you're closer to accurate on the bulk of the work being done in that window

Top Bottom