• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 1.60 released. Pulse headset support, mute camera, stability

A couple of things: It seems like streams are running a bit smoother now and also the censor for peoples names now covers the entire top of the screen (to hide power indicator names also). Not sure if that is new or not

So my disc tray button actually beeps when I take a disc out now, not just if I hit it when there is no disc in there. That's cool.

Sad to see they haven't addressed the horrible quality of Share button footage yet (or it actually working). It was fine at launch but it has been terrible for the past month or so. I talked to a customer service rep about it a week or two ago and they said they weren't aware of it and he would send it to his superiors. I'm not the only one with this issue and no my internet doesn't suck :)

Found another strange issue with the new update last night.

I tried playing Battlefield 4 with a buddy of mine but he kept being booted out of the game. He turned off his Pulse headset and from then on, the game worked fine.

Could be a coincidence though but interested to hear if anyone else had this same issue.

-griffy-

Banned

I tried playing Battlefield 4 with a buddy of mine but he kept being booted out of the game. He turned off his Pulse headset and from then on, the game worked fine.

Could be a coincidence though but interested to hear if anyone else had this same issue.

I played BF4 for hours yesterday with my Pulse headset on with no issue.

RedAssedApe

Banned

people were mentioning earlier in the thread that turning on the pulse was killing their wireless connection. not sure if the same issue though.

Ark

I don't even know where you can buy the new headset yet, nowhere seems to have them available to pre-order and they're supposed to release in 5 days in the UK?

So which phones are better, the new Sony Gold headphones or the Pulse Elites?

Wondering this myself. I've been looking to pick something up, but with the Elites at $115 it's hard to tell between the two (not that it seems like the Gold set is actually out yet anyway).

Timurse

Banned
Guys, I don't know what's happening, what's the reason but when I fired up my PS4 today to play some Battlefield 4 I found out that there was NO BATTLEFIELD INSTALLED on my console. No, there wasn't anyone in my apartment. No, I got my PS4 locked to passcode. So Battlefield 4 - digital edition - just disappeared from my PS4 leaving only a load of video clips and screenshots from it. I've never had such situation nor have I heard about anything like that over internet. Is that the promised stability of PS4 1.60 firmware?

btkadams

Guys, I don't know what's happening, what's the reason but when I fired up my PS4 today to play some Battlefield 4 I found out that there was NO BATTLEFIELD INSTALLED on my console. No, there wasn't anyone in my apartment. No, I got my PS4 locked to passcode. So Battlefield 4 - digital edition - just disappeared from my PS4 leaving only a load of video clips and screenshots from it. I've never had such situation nor have I heard about anything like that over internet. Is that the promised stability of PS4 1.60 firmware?
battlefield 4 is truly cursed.

this might be new: I can issue voice commands with my Apple Earbuds now. I don't recall this working before. Was this added with the patch?

I believe that was available prior to this update. I know it worked with the earbud included in the box for things line "playstation> homescreen"

I have had AC4 and BF4 crash to the OS a number of times since downloading 1.6

Everything was as solid as it could be and I dont think i ever had a single crash before that since getting the system

Melchiah

I have had AC4 and BF4 crash to the OS a number of times since downloading 1.6

Everything was as solid as it could be and I dont think i ever had a single crash before that since getting the system

Same with Tomb Raider, and now it crashes every time I try to load the last save. :( There were no crashes whatsoever before the update.

melman101

So which phones are better, the new Sony Gold headphones or the Pulse Elites?

I don't think there will be an opinion till after they are released. However I did hear from some Sony people that they are more comfortable than the Pulse Elite's. So I preordered the Gold from Amazon. I can't wait

Well - I can't seem to find any information on this but I'm not getting any sound out of my Pulse Elites even though the PS4 technically recognizes them now as I'm getting the connection prompt. I went into Headset and Headphones setting in the options menu and the volume control is greyed out.

HELP, Anyone??

tfur

Well - I can't seem to find any information on this but I'm not getting any sound out of my Pulse Elites even though the PS4 technically recognizes them now as I'm getting the connection prompt. I went into Headset and Headphones setting in the options menu and the volume control is greyed out.

HELP, Anyone??

I connected mine with the USB cable, since I needed to charge them. Did you do that? Not sure if it's needed, but mine worked fine.

RyuHei

HELP, Anyone??

Turn up the volume on your pulse elite.

Melchiah

That's really disappointing. I was just about to dive into that game. :/

Tell me about it. 80% done, and now I can't load my last save, as it apparently corrupted the file when it crashed just as I died in the game. Luckily I did made other save slots, but I'm not really looking forward to starting from 69% again, especially if another crash makes hours of gameplay useless. I was working on getting all the relics, documents and GPS caches, and completing the optional tombs, so I'll have to do those again as well. F**k.

Sasukekun

Neo Member

HELP, Anyone??

Have you enabled under device management?

Hold down the PS Button, go to Device Management -> Audio Devices -> (Think the next option states it's a headset). You then get 2 tick boxes, one for chat audio and one for all audio. Tick all audio and you should be golden.

First post here. Hi all!

FeiRR

Banned
people were mentioning earlier in the thread that turning on the pulse was killing their wireless connection. not sure if the same issue though.
I noticed the opposite: my headset signal gets lost when I play BF. I thought it was a system issue but after several hours of Outlast nothing similar happened. But still it may be due to one signal disturbing the other. I once had a problem with DS3 randomly sending button presses. It turned out to interfere with my PC wireless kb+m. Try a different wifi channel. If you're on Ethernet, no idea...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My friend list loads up much faster now. Just sayin'

Varth

Any clue about HDCP removing? I guess someone would have rejoiced already if that was the case, but still, no harm in asking...

Have you enabled under device management?

Hold down the PS Button, go to Device Management -> Audio Devices -> (Think the next option states it's a headset). You then get 2 tick boxes, one for chat audio and one for all audio. Tick all audio and you should be golden.

First post here. Hi all!

That did it! Sorry for the late reply - thanks!

Yondy604

Banned
This can't be just me. Please read.

Since I updated, the "Live from playstation" Streams have been running insanely smooth, Before it was choppy, low quality, and just awful.

Now it's In much higher resolution, No frame rate issues, and every single stream is running 1 million times better.

What's going on here?, Was my PS4 just bugged before?, This is amazing

This can't be just me. Please read.

Since I updated, the "Live from playstation" Streams have been running insanely smooth, Before it was choppy, low quality, and just awful.

Now it's In much higher resolution, No frame rate issues, and every single stream is running 1 million times better.

What's going on here?, Was my PS4 just bugged before?, This is amazing

I think I'm gonna go try updating now...

hardvibes

And still can't pause downloads...

FOR FUCK SAKE!!!!!!

Because of extreme lag I can't play online until it finishes downloading Outlast!! it's taking 3+ days

gotoadgo

Sounds like the firmware was doing you a favour.

Bog

Junior Ace
My Pulse Elites work so far as the PS4 recognizing them when I turn them on and the little headset overlay showing up when I change the volume... But there's zero sound coming through them.

moai

i got the friend list bug. shows me friends that are not online and the list doesn't refresh. some sites are reporting this.

AndyD

aka andydumi
i got the friend list bug. shows me friends that are not online and the list doesn't refresh. some sites are reporting this.

I go tthat when logging into the website, but the PS 3 and 4 still seems to show them correctly.

Ryhian

My Pulse Elites work so far as the PS4 recognizing them when I turn them on and the little headset overlay showing up when I change the volume... But there's zero sound coming through them.

Did you check the audio output settings and make sure it's set to all audio for output to headphones?

Raoh

And still can't pause downloads...

FOR FUCK SAKE!!!!!!

Because of extreme lag I can't play online until it finishes downloading Outlast!! it's taking 3+ days

Router?

I had some wifi issues, mostly my ps4, psvita and samsung smart tv which was the worst of the three. No issues with apple devices; 1 iPad, 2 iPad mini's, 2 iPhone 5's and 1 Nexus 7 (2013). PS3, PC and laptops are in the same room with the router so they are wired.

Router: Netgear WNDR3400 (from Optimum/Cablevision so it was running custom firmware).

I hacked it to run dd-wrt and it ran a little better but still no good. Bought a Lynksis EA 4500 Cisco router and bam.. no more issues. My remote play is solid my ps4 downloads/multiplayer gaming and media viewing is rock solid. The true test was my Samsung Smart TV that is running as smooth as ever. I'm debating plugging in my Bolse Wireless N router as a repeater to help strengthen the signal even further in the bedroom but I don't think I need it.

The PS4 wifi adapter could have been better but with a good router I can download, play and watch in multiple rooms with no issues.

Check your settings. I also set all my devices to static ip on both N and 5G.

Fatbody

I'm having an incredibly frustrating issue with my Pulse headset. I was in a party with my friend last night, and I could only hear him if I set the headphone output to chat audio only with no game audio in my headset. If I set it to all audio, I could hear the game but not my friend. It's like my headset can only be an audio device or a mic but not both at the same time. Is there a setting I'm missing or something?

Did you check the audio output settings and make sure it's set to all audio for output to headphones?

Sony always seems to struggle with the user friendliness of their features. I'm not sure the wireless headsets should have been dropped into the same functionality that existed for controller headsets. Also the inability to mute the camera mic only for chat is annoying. I've already yelled at the PS4 twice trying to start a Blu-ray forgetting the camera was on mute.

Sorry to bring this up but what is Sony doing? MS has released 1 major update for the xbox, another 1 is coming and the twitch intergration is coming.

We have had 4 ps4 update. 1st 1 was to disable something, second was fixes, 3rd only headset support and 4th fixes. What is taking them so long to give us massive updates?

Melchiah

It was very disappointing to see the PS4 headset app doesn't support the older PS3 model. Why exclude it from the app, when it's included in the update?

Prelude.

It was very disappointing to see the PS4 headset app doesn't support the older PS3 model. Why exclude it from the app, when it's included in the update?
I have an OG PS3 and I downloaded the app today.

Edit: Oh, you meant the old headset on PS4. I completely misunderstood your post.

androvsky

You mean the original wireless headset? It was never supported by the app on the PS3, I even tried it once.

Top Bottom