• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 1.60 released. Pulse headset support, mute camera, stability

Fnord

Does anyone know where to find the full download of 1.60? I just swapped out my hard drive and went to reinstall the system software, but the only PUP file I can find on Sony's site is the 320MB update file. As I understand it, the full firmware should be somewhere around 900MB. And when I try to use the 320MB file, the PS4 says that it can't be used.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Very excited for this new update. Pulse headsets, but especially the ability to turn off the mic on the camera.

Short story... I was playing Warframe a while back with a bunch of random's online. We were right about find a boss, and I ended up dying because my teammates could revive me in time. Well, I took the time to start practicing my trombone. I had thought that I had previously unplugged the camera. It turns out, I didn't. About 10 minutes later, I hear someone yell through the speakers- "WHO THE FUCK OS PLAYING THE TRUMPET!!" I died with laughter, apologized profusely, and waited till after gaming to practice. Hooray for multitasking now!!

lol that's awesome. at least you weren't purposely trying to annoy people. can't say the same for fools online who play music and have a shitty headset so you hear everything.

melman101

Ok I ordered the Gold Wireless instead of the Pulse Elites. I hear they are comfortable and have very good battery life, so that helped influence my decision.

Installed 1.6 no problem :)

RedAssedApe

Banned
Ok I ordered the Gold Wireless instead of the Pulse Elites. I hear they are comfortable and have very good battery life, so that helped influence my decision.

Installed 1.6 no problem :)

Is there a preview of them somewhere that I'm not aware of? Didn't know Gold Wireless is in the wild yet.

Maximus.

Happy the pulse finally works on the ps4 properly but it sucks that the charging cable is different for the ds4 and the pulse(yea pointless complaining!)

I know it's been mentioned before in this thread, but the drive definitely beeps when ejecting a disc now. I kinda like it how it is now, always love little extra features in firmware updates that sony put out.

I'm using the official Playstation Headphones-- not the Pulse Elite, the one down from that. I was all excited that they were finally getting patched in... but now that stupid little notification tab flies in on the side of the screen every 20 seconds: Headset.

lol

I looked and couldn't find anywhere to disable that notification. Janky update.

Nursezero

Any news on this helping the NAT 2 issue with party chat(PC)? For background purposes, was able to PC with a couple friends since launch, but for the last 2 weeks I haven't been able to chat with them. I am however able to chat with others though, weird. Freaking DMZ, port fowarding doesn't work.

Oh yeah, we are all NAT 2

Jigolo

OK. Definitely buying one in the Fall if it confirms to make the sound from Blu Ray movies as well. Possibly sooner if they have any deals

Mdot

Umm after the update it will not let me play online, says plus is required! I already have plus!!!!!?!!? Wtf

Same. Can't get in the Store and none of the info that is usually displayed under a game tile when highlighted is coming up. Bf4 wouldn't let me connect either.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Same. Can't get in the Store and none of the info that is usually displayed under a game tile when highlighted is coming up. Bf4 wouldn't let me connect either.

I think there is a PSN issue going on. Others mentioned having issues with the store.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The last update fixed my notifications.
Several of the notifications werent showing, now i got all the missing notifications at once!

Good stuff :3

Synless

So I see I am not alone in getting the "This service is not available in your country/region" error. Also, last night when the patch was dl'ing it caused some issues with the gameplay in ACIV as I mentioned earlier. I also realized it disabled any ability to get trophies (until I updated) as I am missing three story related trophies that should have showed up. I beat the game and missing sequences 10 and 11, as well as a bronze trophy for the modern day segment story. I am not happy.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
I'm in the same boat with not being able to get into the PS Store on PS4.

Says the service is not supported in my country or region when it was working fine earlier today.

PS3 works just fine at the moment though. Strange.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
OK I was gonna come in here and talk about the problem I'm having, but nice to know I'm not the only one having problems logging into the store.

Same here, tells me the store isn't available in my country/region (and also gives me an error after I log in, I think it's: nw 31294-9). I'm in the US, everything is available to me, this is unacceptable!!! haha, but yea it's probably just a PSN issue, I'll just have to wait till tomorrow to download Outlast.

Also, is there anything I need to do to get my Pulse Elites to work? I put in the adapter, but the audio doesn't come into the headset. Do I need the Pulse Elite App from the PS Store?

I think there is a PSN issue going on. Others mentioned having issues with the store.

if this is what happens with a minor update and indie game launch then Sony needs to step up their network infrastructure

Also, is there anything I need to do to get my Pulse Elites to work? I put in the adapter, but the audio doesn't come into the headset. Do I need the Pulse Elite App from the PS Store?

someone else mentioned trying the other USB slot worked for them.

for those itching for outlast, this worked for me:

sign into the online store from your pc, add outlast to cart and check out
turn on ps4, go to library, you should see outlast there with the arrow showing it hasn't downloaded yet
click on outlast then click download
should start, going quite slow tonight though

i can't sign into the store either for my ps4 but i got outlast this way :)

canada btw (ontario specifically)

distrbnce

Banned
I just installed the update, was watching a dude play outlast, then I lost video.

Restarted the PS4, the TV, re-plugged it... Nothing. The weird thing is when I turn it off it still switches back to my other input where my AppleTV is, so it's controlling it somehow...

Have there been any other reports of this?

for those itching for outlast, this worked for me:

sign into the online store from your pc, add outlast to cart and check out
turn on ps4, go to library, you should see outlast there with the arrow showing it hasn't downloaded yet
click on outlast then click download
should start, going quite slow tonight though

i can't sign into the store either for my ps4 but i got outlast this way :)

canada btw (ontario specifically)

I was an hour into my BF4 session when Outlast finally started to download. shit's getting hammered

Cess007

When i play with the Wireless Headset, a text indicating i've lost Wifi signal appears. I think this happened to other people; is there a fix or we'll have to wait for another quick Fw. fix? *sigh*

The Video Share feature is not fixed. I just played over 15 minutes of Killzone, pressed Share, and my PS4 gives me a 2 second video clip. (It was doing this before)

Top Bottom