• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 1.60 released. Pulse headset support, mute camera, stability

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Downloaded the update this morning. Can't access store. What now?

I get this message when I try to enter the store. I even get it when I try to go the to library tab

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE HECK THE LIBRARY TAB REQUIRES PSN?

1891236_1465906023633009_496686814_n.jpg

I'm in the USA for anyone wondering

DelaSangre

Neo Member
I downloaded the patch in the morning and it was working great. Then this evening I tried to get into the store and the same region thing happened. Plus no my Astro won't work. :( I can hear people just not talk to them.

this might be new: I can issue voice commands with my Apple Earbuds now. I don't recall this working before. Was this added with the patch?

VanWinkle

Downloaded the update this morning. Can't access store. What now?

I get this message when I try to enter the store. I even get it when I try to go the to library tab

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE HECK THE LIBRARY TAB REQUIRES PSN?

1891236_1465906023633009_496686814_n.jpg

I'm in the USA for anyone wondering

Because the library is basically just a download list based on what you've bought or downloaded at any point on your PS4 with your PSN account. It's not a proper library of the local content on your system like it should be.

Minions

The microphone still being heard inside your headset (original pulse) even when muted is a bit annoying.... especially if you are watching a movie. Hopefully a future update fixes that (unless I missed a setting... and I don't want to disable the ability to use the mic all together. Normally if you mute the mic then you stop hearing yourself)

androvsky

The microphone still being heard inside your headset (original pulse) even when muted is a bit annoying.... especially if you are watching a movie. Hopefully a future update fixes that (unless I missed a setting... and I don't want to disable the ability to use the mic all together. Normally if you mute the mic then you stop hearing yourself)

I think you want to turn down the sidetone in the settings.

Minions

I think you want to turn down the sidetone in the settings.

I tried adjusting on the headset itself.... which is supposed to turn off "mics" and "volume" independently... which didn't do it. I clicked the headset which "mutes" the mic. However I still hear myself.... pretty annoying if you have to manually adjust settings every time you don't want to hear the mic.

Edit-

Found the setting under devices>Audio Devices>Headset>sidetones to 0.

Still think this should be automatic when the mic is muted through the headset.... a muted mic should make no sound at all.

Kai

So I'm assuming Bluetooth support for non pulse headsets is not in this patch? My Turtle Beach Phantom worked pre patch for Bluetooth audio but to use the mic you have to use a wire to the controller.

RedAssedApe

Banned
So I'm assuming Bluetooth support for non pulse headsets is not in this patch? My Turtle Beach Phantom worked pre patch for Bluetooth audio but to use the mic you have to use a wire to the controller.

the game audio on those headsets work via 2.4/5ghz wireless not bluetooth. only chat on ps3 is via bluetooth. not supported on ps4 and thats why you need to connect it to the ds4 via 3.5mm cable to get voice chat working.

I found a strange issue with the new update.

I have a Sony USB Headset, before 1.60 it didn't work on my PS4 (no audio/mic), obviously hehe. Well, after 1.60 the headset is now fully recognized on the console.

The problem occurs when I logout from an user on my PS4, the Headset stop working and when I logged in again on the same or on another user the Headset stills not work. The only way I found to solve this is unplug and plug it again, which is a bit annoying.

Anyone have the same issue?

Silurus

I found a strange issue with the new update.

I have a Sony USB Headset, before 1.60 it didn't work on my PS4 (no audio/mic), obviously hehe. Well, after 1.60 the headset is now fully recognized on the console.

The problem occurs when I logout from an user on my PS4, the Headset stop working and when I logged in again on the same or on another user the Headset stills not work. The only way I found to solve this is unplug and plug it again, which is a bit annoying.

Anyone have the same issue?

Not really an issue more an oversight. It registers the device to the user that is active when you plug it in.

doby

Had music unlimited on for a couple of hours last night and it worked flawlessly whereas before it would always crap out on me within 20 mins. Hope its not just a coincidence.

klier

No I can confirm the PS3 wireless headset doesn't work on PS4

Also, right after the update, the notification center started sending my party chat invites and game invites for like 15 minutes. It started to resend every party invite I gave/received on the system.
Highly annoying, and nothing I could do about it. Thank God it stopped.

morlock

I think my PS wireless headset dongle killed my wifi on the PS4, happened 2 times during a 15 minute window. Worked fine after disconnecting the dongle.

The same dongle inteferred with my DS3 on my PS3 so it might be my set thats effed up. Although it works on my PS3 if I use USB extender for the dongle.

T-0800

No I can confirm the PS3 wireless headset doesn't work on PS4

Also, right after the update, the notification center started sending my party chat invites and game invites for like 15 minutes. It started to resend every party invite I gave/received on the system.
Highly annoying, and nothing I could do about it. Thank God it stopped.

Which headset? The picture above your post I haven't tried but my other Playstation Wireless Headphones work now.

I think my PS wireless headset dongle killed my wifi on the PS4, happened 2 times during a 15 minute window. Worked fine after disconnecting the dongle.

The same dongle inteferred with my DS3 on my PS3 so it might be my set thats effed up. Although it works on my PS3 if I use USB extender for the dongle.

Strange, I don't have mine running via WiFi so didn't notice anything different last night, I did enjoy playing Resogun with some Bass Impact though!

Very excited for this new update. Pulse headsets, but especially the ability to turn off the mic on the camera.

Short story... I was playing Warframe a while back with a bunch of random's online. We were right about find a boss, and I ended up dying because my teammates could revive me in time. Well, I took the time to start practicing my trombone. I had thought that I had previously unplugged the camera. It turns out, I didn't. About 10 minutes later, I hear someone yell through the speakers- "WHO THE FUCK OS PLAYING THE TRUMPET!!" I died with laughter, apologized profusely, and waited till after gaming to practice. Hooray for multitasking now!!

I hope you played "sad trombone" every time someone died ;-)

klier

Which headset? The picture above your post I haven't tried but my other Playstation Wireless Headphones work now.

I have the one in the picture. But to be honest I don't really mind it not working because it was pretty crappy to begin with...
I hope there will soon be a new wireless headset from Sony for the PS4, I hate the wired standard one I'm using now...

Melchiah

There's some connection issues with the older wireless headset, and Tomb Raider crashed on me the first time after the update.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Anyone got a mirror for all the PS4 firmwares (full and updates)?

The official download links from Sony are slow as ass for me here in Australia.

Why doesn´t Sony make its virtual surround software work with all kind of cheap stereo headphones?. In the long term they would win more money with this marketing movement that selling their own headphones.

Melchiah

played TR a lot yesterday after the update. no issues.

Weird, I wonder why it's different for me. When I first started up the game, it couldn't detect the headset at all, eventhough the system detected it when I checked it after updating earlier on during the day. That was corrected however, when I booted up the system and started up the game again. During the game the sound went silent for a second a few times, followed by a bleep.

leng jai

Slightly OT - is there no sound for trophy notifications now? Is there a way to get a notification every time a friend comes online?

Well the stupid glitch where the share button doesn't record your video and the glitch where it records a random 15 minute clip from earlier in your game session are still there. Lost three videos from my battlefield session last night.

Also looks like they changed the wording from "Edit" to "Trim"

x-Lundz-x

Slightly OT - is there no sound for trophy notifications now? Is there a way to get a notification every time a friend comes online?

I'm pretty sure my trophy sound worked fine after the update last night. And no, i do not think friend notifications have been added yet.

Some things I would like to see added:
1. Friend notifications
2. The ability to change an open party to invite only party without having to make a new one.
3. Make the party creation require fewer steps. Just let me hit one button while highlighted on a persons name and send a party request instead of having to say ok or next 4-5 times.
4. The ability to "appear offline".

Hasney

Anyone having trouble with standby downloading now? Just tried sending Tiny Brains and Outlast to it and they don't appear to be downloading, unless it's now REALLY slow.

Anyone having trouble with standby downloading now? Just tried sending Tiny Brains and Outlast to it and they don't appear to be downloading, unless it's now REALLY slow.

I set mine downloading via my phone from work, then hooked up my Vita via remote play to check, all installed and waiting for me. So all seems to be working fine for me.

lol that's awesome. at least you weren't purposely trying to annoy people. can't say the same for fools online who play music and have a shitty headset so you hear everything.
Haha yea very true. We need abilities to easily mute people in any game we play. Hope devs can help make it happen!
I hope you played "sad trombone" every time someone died ;-)
AHAhahaa sadly no, I didn't, and now that I think on it that would have been just too perfect. Maybe next time :D

I wasn't able to play the 4 last night, btu I'm sure the console auto downloaded. I am seeing loads of issues people are having though,,,,I may just leave it in stand by mode for a few more days to see if they get fixes out for it..

JohngPR

Anyone else having trouble viewing screenshots? It doesn't seem to crash anymore but you get a blank screen when you try to view them.

So what the heck is up with PS4 updates? I thought this shit would be automatic so long as I had the options checked in power settings. But nope, seemed like it wouldn't update until I went into the settings. Which kept my Outlast from automatically downloading after I queued it up on the website. Then while Outlast was downloading I tried playing some BF4. I thought it would be smart and pause it, maybe resuming during the intermissions.

That kind of seemed to be the case, but it seemed more like it was just throttling down during gameplay (unless BF4 uses WAY more bandwidth than I imagine, downstream usage dipped from maybe 12mbit to 4mbit). BF4 was super laggy and dare I say more glitchy than normal. Texture glitches, sound bugs beyond the 'I can't hear my vehicle' crap we all know and love, random disconnects.

Super unimpressed with my update experience, Sony.

icespide

Banned
So what the heck is up with PS4 updates? I thought this shit would be automatic so long as I had the options checked in power settings. But nope, seemed like it wouldn't update until I went into the settings. Which kept my Outlast from automatically downloading after I queued it up on the website. Then while Outlast was downloading I tried playing some BF4. I thought it would be smart and pause it, maybe resuming during the intermissions.

That kind of seemed to be the case, but it seemed more like it was just throttling down during gameplay (unless BF4 uses WAY more bandwidth than I imagine, downstream usage dipped from maybe 12mbit to 4mbit). BF4 was super laggy and dare I say more glitchy than normal. Texture glitches, sound bugs beyond the 'I can't hear my vehicle' crap we all know and love, random disconnects.

Super unimpressed with my update experience, Sony.

it auto downloads but does not automatically install. this is a safeguard incase somehow an update is flawed and is bricking systems or something

Hasney

I set mine downloading via my phone from work, then hooked up my Vita via remote play to check, all installed and waiting for me. So all seems to be working fine for me.

Just got home and they were downloaded and installed, but the web store still hasn't updated and says they're downloading. Oh well, that's the most minor of niggles so I'm fine with it as long as it happens.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Where can I find those sound profiles that Sony said they made specifically for adding in support for the Pulse Elites?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Where can I find those sound profiles that Sony said they made specifically for adding in support for the Pulse Elites?

It was an app on the PS3 where you downloaded the different sound profiles. I'm thinking it might not be available on PS4 yet?

Top Bottom