• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 4.50 add Boost Mode for PS4 Pro.

Trivial Pursuit Live is still stuttery in all the same places.

How such a simple game can run so badly is beyond me. Unity issues perhaps.

OsKaZZ4.jpg

Ardenyal

Havent got my beta yet. Does Siege perform better? screen tearing? In terrorist hunt the fps goes down to 20s in the kill cam for some reason. Has that been fixed?

Kinyou

Looks like I didn't make it into the beta :'(

Still, very happy to see this, especially after people kept saying that it wouldn't be possible

kaskade

Man, if I wasn't getting a switch and going away in March I would be buying PS4 pro right now. Hopefully I can still get a little bit of money for the OG ps4 in a few months and trade towards it.

AndyD

aka andydumi
TLG is Pro patched so it won't see any benefit. DC is rock solid at 1080p and locked to 30 FPS with insanely quick loading times, so it won't see any benefits either.

Yep.

I'd like to hear more on the smaller PSN "indies" that never got patches.

Nah it wasn't, at least mine wasn't. Someone will probably link the DF article saying that the game is a technical marvel, but I don't care.

It had performance problems when driving the batmobile and that's pretty much it.

The freeze part in the Arkham DLC had major or for me it did, frame rate drops at the last part of his story, the driving part.

5taquitos

Oh yeah I'm going to post it in that other thread.

About boost mode I'm going to try AC: Unity, Bloodborne and Witcher 3.

Awesome, definitely looking forward to some AC:Unity impressions!

Speaking of Unity, we need to go back through the entire library of Unity-based indie releases and see if there are significant gains.

Kinan

Tested Killzone, uploading now, but do not expect much. The game was quite fine before, so do not expect massive improvement. Handling does feel smoother though, so probably frame rate is higher, but hard to say by how much.

alexbull_uk

Tried boost mode on the only game I had handy that I remembered suffered from frame drops, CoD: Ghosts.

It actually does feel smoother. Tried 18 players (well, 1 + 17 bots) on Stonehaven and only dropped frames once, while watching a killcam. Definitely improved on what it used to be, I remember that map in particular would drop frames constantly.

Gekzee

Banned
Trivial Pursuit Live is still stuttery in all the same places.

How such a simple game can run so badly is beyond me. Unity issues perhaps.

And yes, that was the first game I tried, if only because it's got obvious frame stutters.
Frame pacing rather than drops, perhaps?

Top Bottom