• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW 2.02 coming soony

Phreak47

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f486673535a56332e676966
13470964-the-word-stability-on-marble-stone-columns-representing-dependability-strength-resilience-maturity-a.jpg

Actually, 2.01 seemed to fix rest mode for me. Didn't know there were more issues.

Paertan

I rather have updates with more features than stability updates.
But I rather have stability updates than no updates.

Notably, the PS4 version of Inquisition frequently froze, locking up the entire system and requiring a full reboot. In a few instances, this reboot process led to corrupted save files. According to representatives from EA, this issue is related to Sony's PlayStation Network 2.0 firmware, which has caused problems for other games on the console as well.

Near the end of the review process, Sony sent Polygon a PlayStation 4 that had an upcoming patch pre-installed ostensibly fixing the 2.0 problems. We played approximately 15 hours on this patched PlayStation 4 and did not experience any crashes. EA says this new PSN patch will be released prior to Dragon Age: Inquisition's release date.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/11/7...uisition-review-ps4-xbox-one-playstation-4-pc

maybe timeline for the update to be released? i also heard about cod save resetting.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
My PS4 doesn't stutter around like a drunkard when coming out of Rest Mode while loading up my Paper Theme. So that's an improvement.

barit

Does it speed up messages? I complained about it on their support forum. Seems like Sony is listening. Thank me later

Kei-

Does it speed up messages? I complained about it on their support forum. Seems like Sony is listening. Thank me later

Messages seem to send and pop instantly now. Felt that way after 2.00 hit then the hanging started to happen again so let's give it some time.

Other people feel like messages are sending and opening immediately now?

Wanchan

Did they also add a stealth region lock on games out of your region with this update?

I'm from EU and bought AC : Unity on the US store, before the patch i had the US timer on it (unlocking nov 11), now it's back to the EU release date (nov 13)...

barit

Messages seem to send and pop instantly now. Felt that way after 2.00 hit then the hanging started to happen again so let's give it some time.

Other people feel like messages are sending and opening immediately now?

Yep had the same experience. So we should wait with our celebration and see how it performs at prime time and on weekends. That's when the shit hits the fan

Harlock

Firmware update with only software stability is like when you are are a child and you get clothing in the birthday gift.

Awesome ! I did the patch and now the controller I used to turn on the console post patchdoes nothing but show the bloody light,great. My other controller work fine. Any ideas?

Edit: nvm got it on a hard reset. Too early I shoulda stayed in bed.
I need more stability.

CDV13

WHAT? wasn't 2.01 just like last week?

DAT stabiliity...

I hate to be an ass here... but why do people post it like this...."DAT stability"?

If anything....it would be "dat staBILITy"......

I am sorry, but I see people posting "DAT (insert phrase)" all the time, and that is just incorrect.

Primeau31

reading that apparently this update has quietly fixed the slow loading messaging area for some users as well. anyone suffering from that problem notice a difference?

Top Bottom