• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW 2.02 coming soony

reading that apparently this update has quietly fixed the slow loading messaging area for some users as well. anyone suffering from that problem notice a difference?

My slow messages were fixed with 2.01.

Other than the OS being a little slow when I hit the PS button during a game, I don't know what else there needs to be fixed.

Lemnisc8

I hate to be an ass here... but why do people post it like this...."DAT stability"?

If anything....it would be "dat staBILITy"......

I am sorry, but I see people posting "DAT (insert phrase)" all the time, and that is just incorrect.

It's 'Urbonics' is all.

'Dat' instead of 'that' same as 'dis' instead of 'this'. Not exclusive to the 'd' in place of 'th', either.

Or it's some meme that I haven't kept track of, haha!

Not sure what the relationship between DAT and the capitalisation of 'staBILITY' is in your post though?

SerTapTap

Because it was random and didn't affect everyone. Just like how they didn't acknowledge the rest mode fix with 2.01.

I guess, but I've seen plenty of patch notes addressing intermittent issues or ones with significant impact but low impact rate. I'd rather know there was an issue fixed than assume every update is a desperate anti-piracy measure like on the poor PSP

Ramza

Banned
I guess, but I've seen plenty of patch notes addressing intermittent issues or ones with significant impact but low impact rate. I'd rather know there was an issue fixed than assume every update is a desperate anti-piracy measure like on the poor PSP

It's possible that at complete random issues like this they're not sure it fixes the issue. So they're not saying anything until they know it's completely fixed.

Spaulding

My PS4 is stable, but the PS-button doesn't work anymore, e.g. if I earn a trophy and the notification pops up, nothing happens when I press the button.

Anyone else?

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Loading 217,2 MB update file = 12 hours eta.. thank god we're paying for a better psn experience.

tumblr_mq6tyvBPon1squnpto1_500.gif

-griffy-

Banned
Åesop;138401443 said:
Loading 217,2 MB update file = 12 hours eta.. thank god we're paying for a better psn experience.

I started up my system and it downloaded the updated in about 5 minutes. Hell, I just installed a new 2TB HDD over the weekend and re-downloaded my entire game catalog, including updates and DLC, over night while I slept. Damn near 500GB.

I don't understand how some people still complain about and have apparently slow download speeds when my experience is that it utilizes my entire 50mb download speed to its full potential. What causes the discrepancy beyond regular differences in service providers/speed?

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
I started up my system and it downloaded the updated in about 5 minutes. Hell, I just installed a new 2TB HDD over the weekend and re-downloaded my entire game catalog, including updates and DLC, over night while I slept. Damn near 500GB.

I don't understand how some people still complain about and have apparently slow download speeds when my experience is that it utilizes my entire 50mb download speed to its full potential. What causes the discrepancy beyond regular differences in service providers/speed?

When it works on PS3 it should work on PS4.. I can't even set my own backround what kind of nextgen is this /offtopic

Endo Punk

Messaging still crappy as ever. It either gets stuck at 97% for 30 odd seconds or it outright refuses to send so you have to resend message.

vgamer1

Messaging still crappy as ever. It either gets stuck at 97% for 30 odd seconds or it outright refuses to send so you have to resend message.

Or it sends, but doesn't refresh so you have to back out then re enter the thread and wait for it to load again to check if it sent.

Åesop;138401443 said:

I downloaded it within 2 minutes, maybe you just were unlucky when downloading it at that moment.

spwolf

their ISP's route to Akamai's CDN server is not as good/clean as yours.

Nocturnx

My PS4 only comes out of Rest Mode half the time since the 2.0 update. Hate having to hard power it down.

Did they change the name to Rest mode because they plan to add a true Stand-by mode? I hope so...

omonimo

Banned
Out of my curiosity, why smartphone mic not work on ps4? I have lost the 'official'mic
and I'm full of cell mic but completely useless :/

ckohler

Why is Sony so afraid to say what these updates specifically do? Why the mystery? It'd dumb.

I can understand if the answer was too technical but if, for example, this fixed an issue with an upcoming game then just say that. Say, "2.02 changes the way save game titles work to support the release of upcoming game releases" or something like that instead of just, "Fixes some stuff."

cormack12

Gold Member
i had that problem too but the way around it is to hit Delete but wait on that screen until it eventually goes away.

Yeah that does work, takes ages though :/ Weird one really. Wonder if it affects individual new messages - all my problems seem to be 'chains' of messages to multiple people as well.

Also PSN is slow in general, which is weird. I was downloading the d3 update yesterday, only 400MB, took about 45 minutes. In the meantime, to test i downloaded a 1.2Gib ISO from the MS corporate portal and it flew down. As i understand it though these files are hosted across different platforms and datacenter providers? Something wrong at a more fundamental level??

Battlelog and BF4 has been bad this week as well, but that might be across XB1 and PC as well. Driveclub still not letting me join/browse clubs. Bit crap at the moment. Glad I'm not one of those guys who basically just play MP

le.phat

Åesop;138401443 said:

Took me 4 minutes on a 20 mbit connection, looks like you need to make some phonecalls.

So this recent update has messed up TLOU at times. When someone joins in for a party, they get automatically kicked out. Is it possible to release an update that doesn't fuck up something? Or is that asking too much?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Why is Sony so afraid to say what these updates specifically do? Why the mystery? It'd dumb.

I can understand if the answer was too technical but if, for example, this fixed an issue with an upcoming game then just say that. Say, "2.02 changes the way save game titles work to support the release of upcoming game releases" or something like that instead of just, "Fixes some stuff."
Seems like they reserve the actual changelog for the developers. When they fixed the video recording it was said in the SDK changelog but on the customer side it was just another stability update.

Patch downloaded instantly.

Sorry for those who are getting these slow download speeds. I'm not even on a fast connection. We are talking sub 20 megabits.

Top Bottom