• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW update 2.04 now live - DX12 support? eh? ehhhhh?~

LoneWolf780

Neo Member
I was really hoping this would solve the sound drop out issues I've been having. I guess not. Does anyone else have this issue? My sound keeps cutting out for a second every 5 or so minutes. It only does it when I'm in 1080p, it seems to be fine in 720p.

I've changed all the sound settings (Linear, Dolby, DTS) and none of them have an effect. I've changed the HDMI cable and changed all the video output settings (Full colour, RGB etc).

I've had that problem for awhile now also, it started after one of the previous firmware updates. I'm using optical out, I tried switching back and forth between dolby digital and dts and it still does it.

shink

I was hoping this to fix Little Big Planet 3 issue. It didn't. I still can't play anything else but the tutorial in Story Mode.
Are you playing solo? I had to select join others then ignore player requests if any came by and just carried on with the chapter solo.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I seem to remember somewhere that we should have a custom wallpaper ability in this update? Was it cancelled or something?

It's ridiculous that PS4 disallow you to choose your own background pic.........

Jolkien

I seem to remember somewhere that we should have a custom wallpaper ability in this update? Was it cancelled or something?

It's ridiculous that PS4 disallow you to choose your own background pic.........

Do you mean theme ? That's in since firmware 2.0 couple of weeks/months ago.

Look in settings then theme.

madmackem

Don't think he means theme, sounds like your own personal picture for your background like the Xbox One can currently do.
They've said it's coming. I've noticed if a friend is streaming and your in the party you can click on his name and given the option to be taken to the stream, think it's new.

Vashetti

Banned

We don't traditionally get new features in .0x updates, if we do it's usually something very minor.

Signs are pointing to the next big update coming in March, with the Vita due to be updated then too.

dogflaps

Banned
I've had that problem for awhile now also, it started after one of the previous firmware updates. I'm using optical out, I tried switching back and forth between dolby digital and dts and it still does it.

It's SO annoying, especially during cutscenes; I keep missing lines of dialogue. Some people here have suggested some fixes which I'll try. I'm also going to try playing on a different TV. I was hoping that I could get a surround sound system and use optical out to remedy it, but apparently not. Thanks for the heads up.

Cyborg

No problems here! I do recognize the complaint about PS4 getting loud. I have no issues with that right now but 2.02 was bad for me but it dissapeard with 2.03

I was really hoping this would solve the sound drop out issues I've been having. I guess not. Does anyone else have this issue? My sound keeps cutting out for a second every 5 or so minutes. It only does it when I'm in 1080p, it seems to be fine in 720p.

I've changed all the sound settings (Linear, Dolby, DTS) and none of them have an effect. I've changed the HDMI cable and changed all the video output settings (Full colour, RGB etc).
I was having the same issue when I first got my PS4 in December but it was only while playing GTA then it randomly stopped happening. Happened again a couple of times in January but hasn't happened ever again. It only happened with GTA. Odd.

HUELEN10

So what does it mean when you rebuild the PS4's database anyways; does it just re-index a paging file or something?

kingkitty

ps4 still wont recognize my internet, which means I can't properly update. I guess I have to manually do it. Hopefully that'll fix everything.

but 2.04 still isn't on the website, thanks Obama.

thechemist

I have had a few issues with Evil Within since the update, which never happened before. I got a blank screen before the main menu screen and a blank screen when it checkpointed in Chapter 13, never had issues in that game before, both times I had to reset to home menu.
#instabilityupdate

A.Romero

It's SO annoying, especially during cutscenes; I keep missing lines of dialogue. Some people here have suggested some fixes which I'll try. I'm also going to try playing on a different TV. I was hoping that I could get a surround sound system and use optical out to remedy it, but apparently not. Thanks for the heads up.

It sounds like a bandwidth issue. Have you tried a 1.4 spec cable? Amazon cables are great in my experience.

Top Bottom