• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW update 2.04 now live - DX12 support? eh? ehhhhh?~

Sony finally launches an update for who knows what and it can't even download. My PS4 has been having many issues since the last update and Sony doesn't like fixing things. Just making things more "stable" ;_;

LAA

We really need day stability...

Seriously though Sony are being put to shame by MS in terms of updates. There's been no news of what to expect on later updates, basic-ish features still not implemented. I only think Sony should be commended on adding share play to PS4, it seems pretty ambitious and a next gen feature I suppose.

BokehKing

Banned
brb will test how stable it is

ibbsZ9rxaW5HBe.gif
Everytime I see this post I want to run that guy over with a truck

m@cross

I think it is safe to assume the next "substantive" update will be the one that rolls out spotify support. So March 29th MU closes, expect update on April 2nd.

You guys make this sound as about as stable as a Kardashian Vegas wedding.

Your making me nervous about updating. I'm usually one of the first to update but now I am waiting.

Goldrusher

That doesn't apply in my situation, so it was a large update just for stability.

Think of it as a console oil change. You remove the old oil, you put in new oil.

You're not downloading a firmware update, you're downloading the complete firmware. Every time.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Downloaded fine. Now TLOU won't work though.....sweet.

Shiiiit... That's what I'm playing through right now. (Finally got my PS4 last week!). I just ran to check my resting PS4 and was prompted to download now or later. I've put it off until I read more success stories, especially from TLoU players.

Gestault

Does stability need quotes

Yes. It's one of the ways quotation marks can be used; the whole point is the updates were intended to improve stability, but this user had the opposite experience. It's like if someone sold a "Safety Ladder" which had an unsafe design flaw.

Top Bottom