• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW update 2.04 now live - DX12 support? eh? ehhhhh?~

Any issues with trophies? It seems to totally fail when syncing. and even refuses to load a local copy of trophies.

This is my biggest gripe with the PS4 currently, it refuses to show trophies without syncing first which means any time there are issues with PSN you're shit outta luck.

Trophies shouldn't be this hard to do right Sony.

test_account

XP-39C²
I wonder if it fixes the issue with automatically ejecting disc. My PS4 sometimes turns itself on randomly, eject the disc and then keep trying to eject the disc for every 10 seconds or so. The PS4 turns itself off after 20 minutes due to inactivity. The only fix i've seen is to simply pull out the powercord for a few minutes, then it works fine again.

NeoGIF

brb will test how stable it is

ibbsZ9rxaW5HBe.gif

How much I laugh everytime that I see this.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
I couldn't wait -- I've updated without any issues. Then again, I think the update had been downloaded overnight automatically because it only went through the reset/installation phase. No problems with TLoU either. Good luck, everyone.

dogflaps

Banned
I was really hoping this would solve the sound drop out issues I've been having. I guess not. Does anyone else have this issue? My sound keeps cutting out for a second every 5 or so minutes. It only does it when I'm in 1080p, it seems to be fine in 720p.

I've changed all the sound settings (Linear, Dolby, DTS) and none of them have an effect. I've changed the HDMI cable and changed all the video output settings (Full colour, RGB etc).

Mindman

I was really hoping this would solve the sound drop out issues I've been having. I guess not. Does anyone else have this issue? My sound keeps cutting out for a second every 5 or so minutes. It only does it when I'm in 1080p, it seems to be fine in 720p.

I've changed all the sound settings (Linear, Dolby, DTS) and none of them have an effect. I've changed the HDMI cable and changed all the video output settings (Full colour, RGB etc).

Sounds like an issue with your console.

Pjsprojects

Don't swap your hard drive after the update.

I did the update fine today and then went to fit a Samsung 2gb drive but it would not boot with the usb drive pup file.
After speaking to Sony it appears the full init file they have on PSN is now out if date and does not work.
Sony also said they had no idea when the updated file would be available for download.

Once again I have a bad run with Sony....

Melchiah

No problems here during the updating process, or afterwards. It could very well be a coincidence, but the download speeds seemed somewhat faster after the patch.

PIq1xGnl.jpg

About ~10Mbps right from the start. Usually it's been slower at first.

Lrrr

Don't swap your hard drive after the update.

I did the update fine today and then went to fit a Samsung 2gb drive but it would not boot with the usb drive pup file.
After speaking to Sony it appears the full init file they have on PSN is now out if date and does not work.
Sony also said they had no idea when the updated file would be available for download.

Once again I have a bad run with Sony....

Wait, what? After this update people won't be able to change out their HDDs? That can't be right.

I usually rebuild my database after every firmware upgrade anyway, just to be sure.

But it's good to know this one seems relatively safe.

Just updated a while ago in the EU and had no problems other than a immediate "Can't connect to the network" after rebooting that sorted itself out one second later, I hope whatever went wrong for some people gets fixed fast :/

Wait, what? After this update people won't be able to change out their HDDs? That can't be right.

The PS4 requires you to put the System software version it currently has or higher if you swap out the HDD (thus, if 2.04 isn't available for download and you wanna swap out your HDD atm, you shouldn't swap it out until you can download 2.04)

I think that's what he's saying.

TalonJH

brb will test how stable it is

ibbsZ9rxaW5HBe.gif

Robot is creepy as fuck. We'll never be able to defeat them during the uprising at this rate.

Edit: This thread has taught me one thing. I'm super weirded out by walking 4 legged machines. I like my robots on wheels.

On topic: Updated around 6PM eastern. Took less then a couple minutes and no problems to report. They really should just release patch notes rather then using the stability label. It makes people think the software is development stagnant and not bug fixes.

Nameless

Hopefully this update is a primer for HBO Go along with PlayStation Music. There are might be one or two PS4 owners ready to throw money at their up coming stand alone service.

CLEEK

Sounds like an HDMI handshake issue between your PS4 and TV.

Check your TV manufacturers website for firmware updates.

Minions

As a test.... most of the time it means your eject button is basically shorting out. Try shoving a bandaid or something between the table top and the eject button and see if that magically fixes it. Most of the people I've seen with this issue it turned out to be because the button was being triggered by resting on the desk. Also make sure the little rubber part under the ps4 is in the correct position. It is there to prevent that button from triggering on accident.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So I know it wasn't this one but when did they add wifi password remembering?

The PS4 requires you to put the System software version it currently has or higher if you swap out the HDD (thus, if 2.04 isn't available for download and you wanna swap out your HDD atm, you shouldn't swap it out until you can download 2.04)

the fact that the website is not updated with the correct install firmware the moment it goes live on the console is fucking incompetent

Dazza

Or perhaps with the TV, some Sony TVs had a firmware update to improve connection to the PS4. Sounds kind of like a HDCP handshaking issue

Pjsprojects

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying.

kingkitty

i cant access the internet at all.

and when i try to manually start the system update, i get that damn error.

fucken annoying

_hekk05

Banned
Updated, no issues. Dad proceeded to pull the plug because he had some issues with his streaming box (i hate that thing. It sucks all the wifi).

Rip my heart. i don't think I can take much more of this scare

Top Bottom