• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 + GTA V + TLOU for $399 | XB1 + AC4 + ACU for $329 (Dell Black Friday ad)

pctoh

Neo Member
Meijier is also going to have the same bundled. They will also have a Family bundled that includes Lego Batman 3 and little big planet 3

We have 2 stores with the same bundle now.

Two unrelated stores, too. I think this is the Black Friday bundle. Sony's Black Friday MO is to bundle two games with their system for the same price as the system runs currently. This is the first time it's been stuff so recent though, except for maybe that time they did Arkham City

The bundle is not the official GTA V bundle that Sony is releasing, but rather looks to be the system with two physical copies of the games. This could be the reason why the limited quantities option is true with the PS4, as the Assassin's Creed titles with the Xbox One are digital codes with the bundle.
http://www.examiner.com/article/next-gen-black-friday-deals-leaked-early-for-dell

What they are saying is not fact. Looks like a guess to me.

Neoweee

If it is the official bundle, safe to say. If it is not official, then it depends by retailer.

The Meijer ad shows the full system box for the GTAV bundle, so system + GTAV is a real and generally-available thing. We don't know its MSRP yet, and the TLOU is thrown in just as part of the BF deal it looks like. They could very well be the same GTAV bundle with bonus TLOU, though.

I'll be getting a PS4 this holiday. What I'm really hoping for is that someone will bundle in Shadow of Mordor for Black Friday.

spwolf

The Meijer ad shows the full system box for the GTAV bundle, so system + GTAV is a real and generally-available thing. We don't know its MSRP yet, and the TLOU is thrown in just as part of the BF deal it looks like. They could very well be the same GTAV bundle with bonus TLOU, though.

guys, all bundles come from manufacturers, gaming is very low margin at retail.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Insane deals all around.

The PS4 deal with two GOTY if not GOTG candidates of last year is pretty damn awesome.

I think both MS and Sony will post really good numbers.

RBH

iboBoywnEwIl7H.png
jbgqbi7pmBosQ6.png
ikZvPlDXedzvz.png

http://meijer.shoplocal.com/Meijer/...:OLA:110614:hero:ThxgBFAdLeak&storeid=2465913

Don't forget you get a $50 coupon off your next purchase if you buy either of the 2 Meijer PS4 bundles or the AC Xbox One Bundle. It's called Coupon Cash and prints with your receipt. You don't need a coupon or anything to get the $50 coupon to print with your purchase.

Meijer is a very large grocery/department store all over the Midwest for those that don't know...

Jesus, X1 bundle for $329 and then practically the free game of your choice if you walk back in with your gift card for $50 off. Damn.

PS4 with GTAV and TLOU is such an insane package. My God.

Year old ports of games everybody & their mother already played.
Sad that that & the Halo collection will be the highlight of this generation so far.

I mean no one was excited for Xbox 360 versions of Gun & Tony Hawk's American Wasteland.
People wanted new games made for the new systems. What's changed?

TheNAC

Banned
Sad that that & the Halo collection will be the highlight of this generation so far.

I mean no one was excited for Xbox 360 versions of Gun & Tony Hawk's American Wasteland.

A lot of people waited to buy those games on current gen.

People waited and those games were known to have plenty of technical issues due to hardware last gen.

thecheese

I'm considering trading in my PS3 + games on Amazon toward a PS4.. I assume they would price match this deal or have a comparable deal of their own. Does Amazon ever do any trade in specials around Black Friday? Like 50% more value or something?

GnawtyDog

Banned
I'm considering trading in my PS3 + games on Amazon toward a PS4.. I assume they would price match this deal or have a comparable deal of their own. Does Amazon ever do any trade in specials around Black Friday? Like 50% more value or something?

They should tho I am not sure about the percentages. Always better to just shop around rather than stick to just one retailer - tho a bit inconvenient in the time department.

It's either a pro-Sony conspiracy or GTA is a better game than Gun?

I haven't played GTA5 and am dying to have a copy of TLOU, which became one of my favorite games of all times. What's wrong with me?

Biker19

Banned
A lot of people waited to buy those games on current gen.

People waited and those games were known to have plenty of technical issues due to hardware last gen.

These. People like myself want the more new & improved versions of GTA V & TLOU.

That's why those like myself have purposely held out on buying those two games on last gen consoles in order to get both of those games on PS4, because we knew that something like those two games would be ported over.

These. People like myself want the more new & improved versions of GTA V & TLOU.

That's why those like myself have purposely held out on buying those two games on last gen consoles in order to get both of those games on PS4, because we knew that something like those two games would be ported over.

They specifically did not announce that they would ever port those games when they were released.
I think it was close to a year afterwards that they made announcements that there will be ports.

That's some hell of dedication & patience to hope they get a next gen treatment some time down the line.

I wonder what the limitations on the "$50 off your next shopping trip" are? If it works online and there is no minimum purchase you could order the PS4 bundle then turn around and use the $50 to get Metro Redux and The Evil within for $10.

I imagine there are restrictions from doing this though.

OuterLimits

Damn, both of those are tempting. I must have self control though. I have promised my wife I won't by the PS4 or Xbox until I finish my fairly sizeable backlog of games.

Ugh, why did I make that promise to my wife.

Radec

Damn, both of those are tempting. I must have self control though. I have promised my wife I won't by the PS4 or Xbox until I finish my fairly sizeable backlog of games.

Ugh, why did I make that promise to my wife.

Sell that backlog. Problem solved.

Lemondish

They specifically did not announce that they would ever port those games when they were released.
I think it was close to a year afterwards that they made announcements that there will be ports.

That's some hell of dedication & patience to hope they get a next gen treatment some time down the line.

They made the announcement close to a year after the systems released? That's not even close to right considering we're not even at a year yet.

Top Bottom