• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 + GTA V + TLOU for $399 | XB1 + AC4 + ACU for $329 (Dell Black Friday ad)

Needlecrash

That XBOX One bundle is VERY tempting. But, I already have a Wii U & a PS4. It's still pretty damn good though (kinda want that Master Chief Collection though).

that meijer deal gets you $50 back which would almost give you SoM for free on top..

It would be FREE, notice Mordor is on sale for $30 in the Meijer ad for Thanksgiving Day. So you could almost get a $20 PSN or XboxLive Card with it.

Even though it is the Xbox One version advertised, normally the game is on sale for all systems at that price, they just cannot list pictures of all of them. I am confident it will be on sale for $30 for PS4 as well.

Meijer's fine print says the $50 coupon is only valid 11/30-12/24, so you gotta make a separate trip.

Sony sent me an email the other day saying I could get a PS4, two "accessories" — they pictured a controller and a PS+ card — and a game, and then take $30 off the lot. I wonder if the GTA and LBP bundles are eligible to be used as the "base" console for the build-a-bundle.

Chobel

After seeing meijer ad, it looks like GTA V bundle is also coming to US. What the hell is Sony waiting for to announce it?

j6JWwugt3r9xN.png

http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Dell-Home

Fuck.. I wish that I had some family or friends who lived in the States so I can buy stuff and have them send it my way. #CanadaSucksWithElectronics

After seeing meijer ad, it looks like GTA V bundle is also coming to US. What the hell is Sony waiting for to announce it?

Thats a good question. If it really is coming to the US, all Sony needs to do is announce it and show a few TV commercials like they did with Destiny and its a wrap.

Thats a good question. If it really is coming to the US, all Sony needs to do is announce it and show a few TV commercials like they did with Destiny and its a wrap.

Maybe they dont want to stall sells right now? If you let everyone know this bundle is coming, for the same price as the Standard Console, then people will simply wait. I think that makes perfect sense.

And Sony doesn't need to advertise it. The Black Friday ads are probably the most viewed newspaper inserts in the country, every single year. Once those ads hit, BOOM, its instant free advertising all over the country. Sony could run a commercial then if they want, or simply advertise the bundle right at the end of a Gran Theft Auto Commercial and split the marketing cost with Rockstar.

Maybe they dont want to stall sells right now? If you let everyone know this bundle is coming, for the same price as the Standard Console, then people will simply wait. I think that makes perfect sense.
Right. Really, the only reason to pre-announce discounts is if you're trying to slow the sales of your competitor, and you unable to start your discount now for whatever reason. When MS say, "Big discounts on XBone coming soon," they're really saying, "Please don't buy that PS4 just yet."

On the other hand, Sony really have no reason to encourage people to delay their purchasing decision. They just need to give their users "fair warning" about potential savings, and in that regard, Black Friday is still three weeks away. Retailers will run their standard ads at the standard time, and consumer butt-hurt will be appropriately minimized.

Boke1879

And Sony doesn't need to advertise it. The Black Friday ads are probably the most viewed newspaper inserts in the country, every single year. Once those ads hit, BOOM, its instant free advertising all over the country. Sony could run a commercial then if they want, or simply advertise the bundle right at the end of a Gran Theft Auto Commercial and split the marketing cost with Rockstar.

If one really is coming I would assume we'll get an announcement late next week.

Elios83

It depends on their strategy.
Just a scenario: the bundle is released at 399$ during GTAV launch week (November 18). A week later (Black Friday week) retailers add an other game in at the same price as part of their own BF promotions.
Why should they announce such a thing before late next week? That seems the ideal timing to me.
An other scenario is that the bundle is being released directly during BF week at the discounted 399$ price, same situation, why announce it now when games like COD and AC (next week) are being released and sales are definetly going still well?
Announcements are always made towards the end of the week before deals go in effect.

But why don't they start selling the GTAV bundle asap?, why give Nov and possibly even Dec to the console that shall not be named?... i don't get it.

But why don't they start selling the GTAV bundle asap?, why give Nov and possibly even Dec to the console that shall not be named?... i don't get it.

GTAV drops on the 18th for (I believe we assume will be) around 400USD. Everyone buying a PS4 in the next two weeks (to include the Destiny bundle, which is still selling fairly well at 450USD) would wait and not buy now if the bundle was announced early. Do not worry, One month of people enjoying Xbox1 more will not end Sony^^

GTAV drops on the 18th for (I believe we assume will be) around 400USD. Everyone buying a PS4 in the next two weeks (to include the Destiny bundle, which is still selling fairly well at 450USD) would wait and not buy now if the bundle was announced early. Do not worry, One month of people enjoying Xbox1 more will not end Sony^^

Yeah, but a whole year of the PS4 beating the XBO in sells would've been wicked cool for me... now it looks like it's not gonna happen... *kicks bucket*

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah, but a whole year of the PS4 beating the XBO in sells would've been wicked cool for me... now it looks like it's not gonna happen... *kicks bucket*

i'm trying to unpack this man, but i just don't get it. what's 'cool' about it? I mean, it's totally fine to prefer the PS4 and think other systems aren't worth the money. But to just go 'man, the PS4 lost for one month, maaan I'm so depressed now I can't see them kick other corporate console butt'... it's weird.

Like, why are you so invested? What is it about this system that can make you this invested?

I feel like this is a pointless diversion but I can't help but be fascinated by the phenomenon I guess

i'm trying to unpack this man, but i just don't get it. what's 'cool' about it? I mean, it's totally fine to prefer the PS4 and think other systems aren't worth the money. But to just go 'man, the PS4 lost for one month, maaan I'm so depressed now I can't see them kick other corporate console butt'... it's weird.

Like, why are you so invested? What is it about this system that can make you this invested?

I feel like this is a pointless diversion but I can't help but be fascinated by the phenomenon I guess

I dunno man, wish i could explain it... i'm just that weird. I have psychological issues.

...And i don't even have a PS4!!!

Amir0x

Banned
I dunno man, wish i could explain it... i'm just that weird. I have psychological issues.

...And i don't even have a PS4!!!

LOL I literally spit out my water irl at this. dude step back and enjoy games on the systems you do own. At least wait to join the system warz when you have the system your heart desires bro :p

LOL I literally spit out my water irl at this. dude step back and enjoy games on the systems you do own. At least wait to join the system warz when you have the system your heart desires bro :p

Sorry for making you spill your water :D, yeah i may be able to afford it this BF... i hope!!!

8bitsuperhero

Neo Member
I got that Xbox One bundle today for fundamentally the same price, so I'm feeling pretty good about that (thirty bucks off the 350 price)

Edit: Thirty-five, my mistake.

they have the Far cry Bundle which hasn't been announced yet and Far Cry launches on the 18th as well so maybe they are trying to offload their existing bundles first before announcing anything new.

lonedigitalwolf wears his/her intentions on the sleeve, can't hate that person for it.

Do keep it low-key it though, repetition only breeds annoyance. Some things are better left unsaid unless needed.

Mrbob

So they can sell units now. Plus they can potentially move more PS4 consoles Black Friday week than the they did the entire month of September.

ARTIST INTERPRETATION OF LONEDIGITALWOLF:

somewhereps4s2rhs.png

lol

I just want to give lonedigitalwolf a hug and a voucher for Dick Smith's Knock-down Prices Shack, they have some water-damaged PS4s for sale cheap (PAL region).

Fake edit: That picture is going to have my laughing for days.

lol

I just want to give lonedigitalwolf a hug and a voucher for Dick Smith's Knock-down Prices Shack, they have some water-damaged PS4s for sale cheap (PAL region).

Fake edit: That picture is going to have my laughing for days.

Shame i'm not in the PAL region, but thanks for the gesture!, and yes... the drawing is ace!!!

Top Bottom