• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 mass production is happening (Leaked pictures on Chinese board)

RedAssedApe

Banned
I swear he said here on GAF he wasn't PR. I can't look at his posts cause I'm on celly. But I thought he said that, even though his posts ARE PR and marketing IS PR.

I believe he got a mod to change his tag because he said ms pr wasn't accurate. Changed from Microsoft PR to MS director of product planning

I believe he got a mod to change his tag because he said ms pr wasn't accurate. Changed from Microsoft PR to MS director of product planning

Yeah, here is the quote right here from this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664637

"First, people should understand – I don’t always know every detail happening with the program. Even though I run Product Planning (I'm not in PR!), that means we set the stage early for the features and HW, but a lot happens going through the development process. I stay very close as we approach launch, but I don’t always know the specifics when things change, so sometimes (frequently) I have to ask someone on the team. I also don’t run PR or Marketing, so I don’t see every piece of material that makes it to the public. In this case, there was an inconsistency between some small print on Xbox.com, and what I understood was happening – so I went to get more details."

I just always find it funny how he wanted everyone to know he is not PR, but all of his posts have turned into that. Honestly, if you look at his quote about Sony having a history of over promising and under delivering or whatever, that is almost the exact same quote that Major Nelson has on his blog in the "Xbox 360 vs. PS3" five part write up he had back in like 2006. Its like he copied it, lol.

Back on topic, I am very excited that mass production has started. Are there any images of the plant in Japan? Isn't production being handled in China AND Japan? I know, I know, they are a Japanese country, but I thought they were producing PS4s in 2 countries.

Raist

Banned
Done!

xKLKphU.png

Needs more Jim Ryan and that WWS dude. Just for sake of silly completeness.

Saw this at Best Buy today.

i0PJmoX9A7bdM.jpg

It's happening!

My best buy has 4, FOUR, different flyers around the Gaming Section advertising for their Midnight Launch. The flyer tells the release date, the fact they will be available for Midnight, and the big $399.

However, they are not taking any more preorders and haven't been for a while.

Pain

Banned
Sony should hire Kevin Butler to troll the Xbox One on Neogaf. Even if he gets banned quick, it'll be worth it.

Yeah, here is the quote right here from this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664637

"First, people should understand – I don’t always know every detail happening with the program. Even though I run Product Planning (I'm not in PR!), that means we set the stage early for the features and HW, but a lot happens going through the development process. I stay very close as we approach launch, but I don’t always know the specifics when things change, so sometimes (frequently) I have to ask someone on the team. I also don’t run PR or Marketing, so I don’t see every piece of material that makes it to the public. In this case, there was an inconsistency between some small print on Xbox.com, and what I understood was happening – so I went to get more details."

I just always find it funny how he wanted everyone to know he is not PR, but all of his posts have turned into that. Honestly, if you look at his quote about Sony having a history of over promising and under delivering or whatever, that is almost the exact same quote that Major Nelson has on his blog in the "Xbox 360 vs. PS3" five part write up he had back in like 2006. Its like he copied it, lol.

Back on topic, I am very excited that mass production has started. Are there any images of the plant in Japan? Isn't production being handled in China AND Japan? I know, I know, they are a Japanese country, but I thought they were producing PS4s in 2 countries.

So either his LinkedIn is lying or he is.

And since he only ever started talking here when the Xbone reveal went to shit, and all he ever really does is try to smooth PR wrinkles, I'm kinda inclined to believe he's in marketing. Even if Microsoft changed his official title to something else, he's obviously still got the job of a PR person.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So either his LinkedIn is lying or he is.

And since he only ever started talking here when the Xbone reveal went to shit, and all he ever really does is try to smooth PR wrinkles, I'm kinda inclined to believe he's in marketing. Even if Microsoft changed his official title to something else, he's obviously still got the job of a PR person.

People don't update LinkedIn until they are ready to switch jobs generally. People need to chill out, what does it matter anyways?

We have an MS dude who is decent enough to post on Gaf and talk with folks about the One and all people want to do is shit on him. This is why we don't have nice things.

Joni

Product Planning is just another marketing concept for most companies, so he isn't lying when he says he isn't PR. He is just still a marketing guy though. PR = image, product planning = planning and guiding PR and marketing for specific product.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
We have an MS dude who is decent enough to post on Gaf and talk with folks about the One and all people want to do is shit on him. This is why we don't have nice things.

He wouldn't be criticized as much if he didn't say outright crazy things ("we created Direct X, what if the lesser powered console was actually the more powerful one, etc.").

badb0y

I'm not a smart man... Could I get the short version of what that means?
It mostly confused me..

TLDR: I used the PC counterparts to come up with a fair comparison and found out a performance discrepancy of ~55% in contrast to what DF was saying (something like 25%)

Yesterday a dev said his colleagues say the PS4 was 50% faster than the Xbox One.

Yazuka

TLDR: I used the PC counterparts to come up with a fair comparison and found out a performance discrepancy of ~55% in contrast to what DF was saying (something like 25%)

Yesterday a dev said his colleagues say the PS4 was 50% faster than the Xbox One.

Ah, allright. I'm not that technical with what was said in the post, so I got more confused that anything else out of it. But that cleared a few things up for me, thanks.

People don't update LinkedIn until they are ready to switch jobs generally. People need to chill out, what does it matter anyways?

I agree that it's nice of him to post here. But it's not good for him to pretend his primary purpose for being here is anything other than to sell people on the Xbone. It's community outreach, plain and simple. To pretend that he's doing it because he just loves the community is disingenuous, in my opinion.

He only ever started posting here when the Xbone shit hit the fan, and only ever posts when he's sharing the company line. It's not like he posts gifs and shoots the shit with the gaming community here. Everything is measured and has a purpose.

And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, mind you. The man has a job to do. I don't begrudge him that and I love that he posts here. Having insiders post here is what makes GAF GAF. But let's not pretend it's something other than what it clearly is. That's all I'm saying.

artist

Banned
My best buy has 4, FOUR, different flyers around the Gaming Section advertising for their Midnight Launch. The flyer tells the release date, the fact they will be available for Midnight, and the big $399.

However, they are not taking any more preorders and haven't been for a while.
main-feature01.jpg

Caayn

Too bad Kevin Butler isn't around anymore.
Well it was pretty much a done deal that Jerry Lambert aka Kevin Butler wasn't going to show up for sony after the Wii drama. It's to bad because he was a fun PR guy to watch. Loved his commercials and his appearance during the Sony press conference on E3 2010. Will never forget his "gamers" speech.

Jack_AG

Banned
I take it you have him on ignore? You'd be singing a different tune if you'd read his posts. Its total PR nonsense that only serves to paint a pretty picture instead of engaging in actual discussion. He's trying hard to sell the box and I get that - but he's not duping anyone with his posts.

legacyzero

Banned
If the boot up screen is something similar to that I will vomit. Unless we're able to change the colors. Give me Playstation Underground black and red pls. And the PS logo itself in that gif needs colors. Plain silver is ugly.

Give me THIS please:

ig5oK0dpP1Nxf.gif

Caayn

Not sure if this deserves its own thread, but someone is creating bots to tip the gamespot platform battle in Xbox One's favor.

http://gamesided.com/2013/09/08/someone-is-using-bots-to-balance-ps4-vs-xbox-one-twitter-contest/
Internet polls aren't 100% accurate. Both sides are using bots and whatnot to get their prefered console higher up in the rankings. It's pretty clear, without the use of online polls, that there's a huge preference for the PS4 world wide. So I guess that it's useless to discuss this any futher in this thread.
Atleast I don't see what this has got to do with the topic at hand.

Give me THIS please:

ig5oK0dpP1Nxf.gif
Nah would take to long to start it up. The console would probably have loaded everything before that animation has finished. Could be used for the first time that it's powered on. Would be a nice boot animation though.

Top Bottom