• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 mass production is happening (Leaked pictures on Chinese board)

IN&OUT

Banned
September:

Microsoft: "Look guys, we upclocked the cpu a bit and here's the first produced machine!"

Sony:
37ca89819f70211101793bb4fd26ed0d.jpg

HAHAHAHA, I'm afraid that's actually true

jakncoke

Banned
Says 1 million from that factory, in what time frame is that time frame happening. Because 1 million is a big fucking number to produce unless they are like a 1 million sq foot factory lol. Also I wonder how many factories are contracted out to produce PS4 right now

Says 1 million from that factory, in what time frame is that time frame happening. Because 1 million is a big fucking number to produce unless they are like a 1 million sq foot factory lol. Also I wonder how many factories are contracted out to produce PS4 right now
Its not like there's 1 ps4 per box Lol and they said over 1 million at their factory. I bet there's one in that secret island at Japan

Corto

I don't believe it. Where are the proper consoles? It could be just generic PCs inside those boxes, or dev kits.

Curufinwe

You need this type of scale when you're launching in at least 32 countries this year. I think Japan might get a December launch date and bump that up to 33.

What a coincidence that an Xbox representative posts an image of the first Xbox One consoles off the production line and ready to be shipped, then a few days later a "leak" from some random shows pretty much the same thing, but for the PS4.

Yeah, this was definitely "leaked".
It's a conspiracy!

Summoner

Some one on a Chinese bbs (baidu via A9VG) leaked these pictures. Can you feel it?

The leaker also mentioned that his boss said they are shipping out over one million consoles from their factory alone, presumably for launch. And they are not the only factory that's producing ps4s.
Did the leaker have any courtesy and put down the address of this warehouse?

You know....for census purposes!!

jakncoke

Banned
Its not like there's 1 ps4 per box Lol and they said over 1 million at their factory. I bet there's one in that secret island at Japan

1 million is still a big number to produce give all the steps to produce a ps4 or really any given electronic. Idk maybe there is like 5k-7k workers at that particular factory

Damn, over 1 million from one factory alone is nuts. I assume different factories for different locations? So all of these could possibly be for US launch? 0.o

DieH@rd

Banned
1 million is still a big number to produce give all the steps to produce a ps4 or really any given electronic. Idk maybe there is like 5k-7k workers at that particular factory

1 million per month is only assembly. All the components were in production from before, especially central APU chip that was finalized by both Sony and AMD long ago. Sony can now only assemble final product and if needed tweak the speed of CPU and GPU.

I actually dear hope for a 2013 Japanese release. Two weeks after Europe with a relatively limited supply.

They can't launch in Japan without software that's going to move the console. So unless they're going to be announcing a decent amount of launch and launch window Japanese-friendly software at their 9/9 conference and TGS, then I just don't see how it could launch this year.

When I worked for UPS during the PS3 launch, I believe the boxes contained 3 consoles each. So assuming the PS4 console boxes aren't too different in size, I estimate each palette to contain 90 consoles.

PS4 is like half the size of PS3, I expect the boxes to be smaller too.

I actually dear hope for a 2013 Japanese release. Two weeks after Europe with a relatively limited supply.

I'm betting mid-to-late December. They don't have to rush the system out a month before Christmas over there, so they can take their time.

NHale

Damn, over 1 million from one factory alone is nuts. I assume different factories for different locations? So all of these could possibly be for US launch? 0.o

Anyone with a decent software for image treatment can see which language the small print of the box is. If it's only English it's US, if it's EFIGS it's Europe.

Top Bottom