• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 mass production is happening (Leaked pictures on Chinese board)

GYNGA

I'm renaming this picture to greatnessawaits.jpg
0mgt.jpg

jaypah

I like the different reaction to this compared to the Xbox One box picture, lol

It's certainly different, just like the reactions from "Sony is holding back stock to have on shelves" vs "MS is holding back stock to have on shelves". Whatever, fanboys gonna fanboy. I was hyped then and I'm hyped now. Console wars can't kill my vibe! We're getting close! Wooooo!!!

No Banderasscreen.gif montage? I'm disappointed!
Anyway those PS4 weren't going to build themselves, and since the huge preorder numbers it's weird they could keep the factories hidden till now.

todd360

[–]lightlamp4 0 points 1 day ago
Don't even try anymore. Neogaf is an elitist board full of Sony fanboys. Not to mention the moderators are horribly corrupt. That's probably why your account isn't being activated.
permalinkparent

Lol this was on reddit. There so salty about our ps4 boxes.

Bundy

Banned
Don't even try anymore. Neogaf is an elitist board full of Sony fanboys. Not to mention the moderators are horribly corrupt. That's probably why your account isn't being activated.
permalinkparent

lol
Poor guys

permalinkparent

I don't see how people can stomach reddit's web design. It's so disgusting.

jaypah

permalinkparent

Lol, why would they care that much? Must be "single console" type of guys. Roll on November! CHOOO-CHOOOOOO!!!

A thread I can read without wanting to to jump off a roof. Microsoft could show ten million retail boxes and not a single positive post will appear.

Metra

September:

Microsoft: "Look guys, we upclocked the cpu a bit and here's the first produced machine!"

Sony:
37ca89819f70211101793bb4fd26ed0d.jpg

Uhh, I have a question: is it possible for Sony to upclock the PS4's CPU after launch (remotely, via a patch or something), or it must be done before launch (like MS did)?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
permalinkparent

Wow hahahaha.

Kane1345

permalinkparent

lol

Bundy

Banned
A thread I can read without wanting to to jump off a roof. Microsoft could show ten million retail boxes and not a single positive post will appear.
Because there is a Kinect camera in each of these boxes :p
Uhh, I have a question: is it possible for Sony to upclock the PS4's CPU after launch (remotely, via a patch or something), or it must be done before launch (like MS did)?
You actually don't have to change the hardare (see MS).
So SONY could do an upclock later on.
(But they don't need these little boosts. They have the stronger hardware. More ROPs, CU's, simply a better GPU, etc.)

Iacobellis

Can be done after patch, similar to the PSP. Sony would have to had tested the clock speed beforehand and keep it lower for some special reason.

Kane1345

Have they even announced their CPU clock speed? I was under the impression that it was still unknown

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Having worked for SCE before, those stacked boxes on the top photo look too thin to be the shipping packaging for the consoles, and are more likely to be the empty (dummy) boxes used for instore display setups. That second photo is on the mark though, those are definitely the boxes that Sony uses to ship consoles out to retail stores.

Wonder if they could be using thinner slip cases, with structural inserts - a bit like WiiU?

Az

permalinkparent

edit: nvm

gruenel

permalinkparent

r/xboxone brings up GAF and tries to discredit it all the time, even on completely unrelated topics. It's funny to watch.

sono

Can anyone read/translate the writing on the sides of these boxes - which one says sono, United Kingdom ?

p0BkvHP.jpg

GameSeeker

I think it's been clear for sometime that Sony was ahead of Microsoft in the manufacturing game. We will find out just how far on Monday when Sony will announce launch plans for Japan (and probably rest of Asia).

Sony is currently manufacturing in:
1) Yantai, China (Foxconn plant - probably where these pictures are from)
2) Kisarazu, Japan (Sony plant)

Bundy

Banned
I don't give a damn if it is boxed or not. This board is so slanted. I have PS4 preorder but, the level of bias is sickening.
Well, it's not really bias. MS just pissed them off and a lot of us now know what to buy.
(For example, just take a look at my post -> click)

Or:
picarddrawstheline6css6.gif

PJV3

All those ickle-wickle playstations sleeping safe and sound.

^ she needs to redo it with the DS4 and wear some lingerie.

Man

Sony can flip the switch at any time with a system update.
Not that they have announced their CPU speed.

npa189

Thats just a few more than the one case major nelson tweeted earlier this week. This is what 50 years of mass production experience gets you.

Lumyst

Love these kinds of pics, showing the preparation of something big. There's kind of a silent, clinical feel to what's going on, do the factory workers feel the significance of what's happening? I can almost feel a rumbling/trembling of something big happening in the distance. It still hasn't registered completely that the next-gen is going to fully start so soon, maybe the previous gen has been so long that I'm a little disillusioned, but I'm sure the hype will take care of that soon.

Top Bottom