• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro Black Screen Fix (w/ Audio Dropping)

The Goat

Received the new HDMI cables last night. Hooked them up, and got no flickering when using 1.4 Changed the settings, as suggested, re-enabled HDCP 2.2, and went directly from the Pro to the receiver. It flickered for about 20 seconds, and then stopped. It's been solid since. So weird. Something is amiss still for sure, but I'm happy I can play Horizon with HDR on. It looks so sweet.

Robot Pants

As I posted in the main PS4 pro thread, anyone else getting issues with a 65x850d Sony tv? Sound and picture drops out frequently and one HDMI port doesn't even work at 4k.
Yea I'm still getting this problem with the 65 x850c
Been having random black screens since the beginning. Forcing the resolution doesn't work, i haven't tried changing to HDCP 1.4 though.
I rather not though seeing as how I lose features of my tv and pro by doing so.
We really need to get on Sonys ass about this. I have a Sony tv for gods sake and still have the problem.

Or actually will it matter much if I switch to 1.4? It's not like I'm playing UHD blu Rays on this thing. That's what my Xbox is for.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Yea I'm still getting this problem with the 65 x850c
Been having random black screens since the beginning. Forcing the resolution doesn't work, i haven't tried changing to HDCP 1.4 though.
I rather not though seeing as how I lose features of my tv and pro by doing so.
We really need to get on Sonys ass about this. I have a Sony tv for gods sake and still have the problem.

Or actually will it matter much if I switch to 1.4? It's not like I'm playing UHD blu Rays on this thing. That's what my Xbox is for.
I just disabled HDCP and haven't got any issues since. Since I'm not using the video functions, not a big deal to me.

Top Bottom