• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro Boost Test Video Compilation Thread

gagecube

Banned
i have a ps4 pro...i have the game and not played it yet....but i don't have the beta FW :(((((

Im willing to bet the final build drops within a month. I would wait until the feature goes public, because its the best way to play the game. I tried a few months back and I couldnt get into it with how choppy it was

I think we should get a list of the games that run worse or have erros when boost mode is enabled, this is easier and enough to know since most of the games run better with this mode enabled. So to make thing easier is to know the very few games that run in bad shape in order to just avoid enabling that mode for them.

I think we should get a list of the games that run worse or have erros when boost mode is enabled, this is easier and enough to know since most of the games run better with this mode enabled. So to make thing easier is to know the very few games that run in bad shape in order to just avoid enabling that mode for them.
It isn't necessary to post this in multiple threads. If you read this thread we're in, you'll see that I've previously posted a list of GAF impressions which includes these:

Dying Light - framerate improved, but indoor areas seem to stutter more (may be due to double buffer vsync causing momentary jumps to higher framerate, then dropping back again)
Grow Home - very stuttery still, may or may not be worse
Grow Up - framerate improved, but one report that AA may be broken
Killzone Shadow Fall - framerate improved, but in campaign 30fps cap may no longer work
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - framerate improved, but also one report of crashing
Slender: The Arrival - report of lighting/shadow errors
Soma - crashes and very inconsistent framerate reported, but also a report that the latter occurred before boost mode
Tembo the Badass Elephant - crashes reported

All of these problems may not necessarily be related to boost mode.

AndyD

aka andydumi
It isn't necessary to post this in multiple threads. If you read this thread we're in, you'll see that I've previously posted a list of GAF impressions which includes these:

[I...
All of these problems may not necessarily be related to boost mode.

Thanks.

I played some Tales from Borderlands last night and while the framerate seems smoother, I saw a bit more lockups during loading. That game crashes and locks up for me anyway now and again, but I had two events in 2-3 hours which is more than usual.

Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4 Pro Boost mode vs PS4 standard):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKBqequf_tQ

Overall, the Pro runs a bit smoother but I don't think it runs at a locked 60fps on the Pro either. I don't have the framerate tools that Digital Foundry has but the Pro version felt better to play overall.

Thanks for the comparison!

The difference at the "Camp Caliburgh" is impressive!
5:42 Pro Boost
https://youtu.be/pKBqequf_tQ?t=342

11:51 Ps4
https://youtu.be/pKBqequf_tQ?t=711

Top Bottom