• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 System Software Update 4.50 Features Detailed

DieH@rd

Banned
Can anyone test is multiple partitions for external drive is supported? One partition for PS4 and another regular one for PC use.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I could go for a lot of these..NOthing deal breaking, but yeah, I would find a lot of it useful.

PS1 emulation (PS classics carry over) is the biggie for me. I'm also fine with how they do PS2 games, it's just too slow a release schedule.

i agree. i want them to be releasing games way faster, they have not gotten to any of the meaty releases from Atlus or SE or Capcom or Namco yet

FUCK yeah! External drives work between PS4 consoles. Game changer.

Fantastic! Can games/dlc be copied over from one HDD to another PS4/HDD with a different account? Would be great if you can back up patched content like you can on XB1 with this firmware.

Holy shittttt! I got denied access to those forums so I didn't really have my hopes up, but I just got a beta code! I don't usually use this term, but megaton!

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/03/ps4-system-software-update-4-50-features-detailed/

Omg external hdd support megaton.

External HDD Support
Upto 8tb

Custom Wallpapers

Quick Menu Refresh

Simplified Notification List

Post on PlayStation Network Activity Feeds

3D Blu-rays on PlayStation VR

Bye bye internally upgradable HDD/SSD in PS5? Hopefully not... still, awesome news all around :).

Hoo-doo

Banned
Text is easily visible in the bokeh theme, dude.
But, I might have an idea that will work with your request...:)

Sorry, I meant the first video.

But if you're going to do some clean-ass themes next, i'm down.
I prefer the original icons though.

Couleurs

So...uhhh... i redeemed my code and nothing happened...
nothing was added to downloads and it says the code was already used if i try to redeem it again. Any ideas?

You have to go to system update on your PS4, if I remember the 4.0 beta correctly.

External Storage is nice.

This update adds the ability to set your favorite in-game screenshot as the background image for PS4’s home screen.
Lol Why do I have to use a screenshot? Why can't I just pick an image from the internet and make it a wallpaper?

Not what I was expecting.

I know I can but why a screenshot? Why can't I just load up an image from an external usb device and put it as a wallpaper?

I'm not excusing the omission of the feature. Simply pointing out a way to get a fairly high quality image as a background until or if the feature is implemented.

I'm not excusing the omission of the feature. Simply pointing out a way to get a fairly high quality image as a background until or if the feature is implemented.
It's probably what I'm going to use but this is not really something hard to implement. I don't know why Sony just doesn't include it in this update. It's weird, that's all.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I know I can but why a screenshot? Why can't I just load up an image from an external usb device and put it as a wallpaper?

Does the PS4 have an image viewer? If so, just pop in a USB stick with images, take screenshot while viewing them.

Other way would be to upload your images and view them in the browser, take screenshot.

Cumbersome, absolutely. But not impossible.

And remember to share your backgrounds in the GAF community ofcourse.

Top Bottom