• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 System Software Update 4.50 Features Detailed

Chitown B

Can you play games directly off the External drive? I read that it would only store them but you would have to move them around, due to the file system.

UncleMeat

Does anyone know what the rules will be regarding unplugging the external? Since I sometimes need both ports on my og ps4 (e.g.,wireless headset and fightpad) I would like to know if you can unplug it while not in use at the homescreen or during rest mode.

Electret

External HDD support? I was just about to by a replacement 2TB drive!

And that Pro boost mode.

This update seriously delivers.

Any confirmation on external HDD portability? If I put a game on the external HDD, and go to my cousins house and login under my PSN, can I just plug in the external HDD and play the games instead of downloading them? Or even between multiple personal PS's?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How are external drives handled? Do you discreetly assign a drive you want to install to through the OS, or does it just automatically pool all drives together?

Ogawa-san

Damn, then we have to go the online upload/browser route.

Or you could just browse to a website with sweet wallpapers and screenshot them off there.
The media player has an image viewer, I put my wallpapers in an USB drive instead of uploading somewhere.

Asd202

Cross posting from the other thread. So with boost mode, external HDD support added via firmware and Horizon coming up it's like the perfect time to get the PS4 Pro. I wonder if Sony will market it more now...

Custom backgrounds and external HDD support is amazing.

Ugh, I might have to buy a PS4 Pro now.
I'm gonna try to wait for a white bundle.

I5oJVfz.jpg

:)

Finally, that's some sweet sweet news. How will this affect load times?

What's the sizes of hdds that can be used.

I think we'll need a nice faq later. Sweet news, I'm always deleting things like many.

Any confirmation on external HDD portability? If I put a game on the external HDD, and go to my cousins house and login under my PSN, can I just plug in the external HDD and play the games instead of downloading them? Or even between multiple personal PS's?

A little earlier in this thread (just a few posts before yours) somebody confirmed you can take it between 2 PS4s if you sign in under the same account on both.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just got the email, im in.
But i have a PS4 Amateur tho

Top Bottom