• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 System Software Update 4.50 Features Detailed

Just some on the previous page. I've been giving people about 5 mins between, but I'll probably start speeding things up a bit so you'll be fine.

Also PM'ing Andrefpvs now. Primithius should at least have the download going now.

Was just about to post. Yea, the download is happening.

Thanks again!

it works bros.
updateguzo2.png

Audioboxer

Was just about to post. Yea, the download is happening.

Thanks again!

Np. And for what it is worth everyone you can delete the account off your PS4 once installed (no need for it to clutter up your user login screen). Your PS4 will happily update to the release FW when it drops.

Oh bummer. I got kicked out after the download finished but before I could initiate it. How can I go back and initialize it?

Go back into settings, fw update and it should be there.

Andrefpvs

Just some on the previous page. I've been giving people about 5 mins between, but I'll probably start speeding things up a bit so you'll be fine.

Also PM'ing Andrefpvs now. Primethius should at least have the download going now.

And... Done! Thanks so much!

Really, thank you so much, Audioboxer. I know how badly you wanted the beta, and it's really great how you went out of your way to make it happen for the rest of us as well!

Audioboxer

I wonder what'll happen when there's a beta update and the user isn't there anymore, 4.0 had two or three of them.

It'll update. Back when Sony first had betas there was a proxy trick you could use to get the beta installed. Updates then installed fine afterwards.

Imagine you sold your PS4 whilst on a beta FW and a new user bought it and you got stuck in limbo :p

PM'ing WonkyPanda

And... Done! Thanks so much!

Really, thank you so much, Audioboxer. I know how badly you wanted the beta, and it's really great how you went out of your way to make it happen for the rest of us as well!

You can go ahead skip me Audioboxer. Just got my code.

NP!

Np. And for what it is worth everyone you can delete the account off your PS4 once installed (no need for it to clutter up your user login screen). Your PS4 will happily update to the release FW when it drops.

Go back into settings, fw update and it should be there.

I can't without logging into that account. My main account just says my PS4 is updated to latest version.

Put me back in at the end of the line I guess.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Okay people I'm downloading now on the burner account. A few minutes and I'll be installing. Start quoting this post and I'll pass on the login details via PM first come first served (won't expire so don't worry).

DO NOT CHANGE THE PASSWORD PLEASE.
Me me me me me.

jeffram

Okay people I'm downloading now on the burner account. A few minutes and I'll be installing. Start quoting this post and I'll pass on the login details via PM first come first served (won't expire so don't worry).

Thanks dude!

jrush64

Banned

Ok I want in pretty pwease.

Vexii

Is there a beta version of the PlayStation app for Android and iOS? I'm looking forward to being able to share pictures without posting them to social media, but naturally the Beta features won't show on the app (such as the new activity and What's New sections)

Will I just need to wait for the update to go public?

Getting inline also, thank you.

Okay, I think I'll move back to the end of the queue to free it up for others. I'm not sure what's going on. It just kicks me out at the end of the download because of another sign-in.

Audioboxer

So I wait for download to finish then log out right?

The download should take up your whole screen and once it starts you should be okay. Not sure what happened with Primethius. If I am wrong and someone else logging in whilst your downloading is going on cancels it all that slows the process a bit lol...

About to PM Ogawa-san

Okay, I think I'll move back to the end of the queue to free it up for others. I'm not sure what's going on. It just kicks me out at the end of the download because of another sign-in.

Hmmm... If WonkyPanda can come in and confirm how they are getting on it would help.

The download should take up your whole screen and once it starts you should be okay. Not sure what happened with Primethius. If I am wrong and someone else logging in whilst your downloading is going on cancels it all that slows the process a bit lol...

About to PM Ogawa-san

It seems to be cancelling me

Rekka

Neo Member

Thanks so much!

Audioboxer

It seems to be cancelling me

Really? Daaaamn. Sony....

Seems you are going to need to fully download before someone else can come in. Might have to change this so each GAF member can forward on the details once they're done. Post when you're finished WP and then Primethius can go, then back to Ogawa-san.

About to PM Ogawa-san

Hmmm... If WonkyPanda can come in and confirm how they are getting on it would help.

Okay, I was booted a few times, but was able to download (took 1 min). Installing.

For people who are getting into the beta, do you normally get PlayStation marketing emails or SEN marketing emails? Because I realize I have never received a single email from PlayStation but always SEN

Really? Daaaamn. Sony....

Seems you are going to need to fully download before someone else can come in. Might have to change this so each GAF member can forward on the details once they're done.

I'm near my PC pretty much the entire time (for the next 2-3 hours). So I can also assist with the duties if you need another hand.

Bloodsent

Thank you!

Audioboxer

I'm near my PC pretty much the entire time (for the next 2-3 hours). So I can also assist with the duties if you need another hand.

WP is installing so you're good to go. When it actually saying installing on your PS4 (or it's rebooted) you should be fine. It's the downloading screen that must still allow for users to be kicked.

It booted me while installing :\
Can't seem to find the download.

*sigh* lol...

Hold off Prime. At least we know how the process is going to go now. 1 person at a time fully until download is complete AND installed.

Unknown?

Oh ohhhh! I'd like this please!

Aalvi

WP is installing so you're good to go. When it actually saying installing on your PS4 (or it's rebooted) you should be fine. It's the downloading screen that must still allow for users to be kicked.

Can I get in on this?

Will I get system banned or something(I'm in Canada if thats going to be a problem as well).

stryke

Got another spare code if someone doesn't want to wait in the burner line. EUR/AUS this time. First non-junior member quote gets it.

Audioboxer

Can I get in on this?

Will I get system banned or something(I'm in Canada if thats going to be a problem as well).

No you won't be banned, but we've just discovered the user logged in needs to fully download and install so progress in the queue has just crawled to snail pace lol. It's better than nothing though and you'll get access eventually over next hour. (most people's internet should only take 2~7 mins tops to download a FW update).

Waiting for success for WonkyPanda.

ramse

Mememe

No you won't be banned, but we've just discovered the user logged in needs to fully download and install so progress in the queue has just crawled to snail pace lol. It's better than nothing though and you'll get access eventually over next hour. (most people's internet should only take 2~7 mins tops to download a FW update).

Yup, pretty absurd that it booted me while installing.

OKAY, installed and rebooting. Youre all good, Prim.

True Fire

I want in on this... eventually lol. I don't mind waiting.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.

I'll happily take it if this is still working!

Audioboxer

Yup, pretty absurd that it booted me while installing.

OKAY, installed and rebooting. Youre all good, Prim.

Unlike background downloads it seems like FW is done completely in the foreground so if the user logs out (or in this case logs in elsewhere) the PS4 cancels.

As for everyone waiting don't worry we'll get around to you eventually, and if you go off GAF for a bit whenever you're back on. This doesn't expire.

Hey Audioboxer, I'm leaving now and I'll be back home in an hour or less and if I miss my turn, will you please not make me go to the end of the line again?

Yeah it's cool whenever you come back you can get in.

*sigh* lol...

Hold off Prime. At least we know how the process is going to go now. 1 person at a time fully until download is complete AND installed.

Hey Audioboxer, I'm leaving now and I'll be back home in an hour or less and if I miss my turn, will you please not make me go to the end of the line again?

Top Bottom