• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4s Alleged Overheating Problems: Developers Say they Don’t Exist

apana

Regardless it would be wise to buy your PS4 from a store that gives lifetime warranty like Costco. There is always one issue or another with new consoles.

Sojgat

Would love to hear Marcus Beer produce the evidence or come up with sources.

PS4-red-line-of-death.jpg

Much sources.
Such ventilation.

macewank

Of course they don't exist.

The whole thing started with Marcus Beer (@annoyedgamer) complaining about not being given a pre-release retail PS4. The logic is, if they won't give him one early, it's because there's something wrong with it.

I never thought there was anything to it when he said it, because if there were actual overheating issues with the console I feel confident in saying it would've a) been louder than this, and b) come from a bigger source.

There's people on twitter saying they won't preorder the console because of Marcus' made up rumor.

Actually he just replied to me and is blaming Sony for it. Lol, this guy.

https://twitter.com/annoyedgamer/status/397462247250722816

Hilarious.

It was a "rumor" that popped up in GAF all of about half a day and it was "squashed' very early on. He proceeded to attempt to make a controversy out of it and now Sony apparently has some kind of obligation to confirm or deny completely made up shit?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
What annoyed me about the episode (being a fan of his usually) was that afterward on Twitter he completely sidestepped the whole unsubstantiated rumour issue and just mentioned the trolls calling him a MS fanboy. I know he is no fanboy but he needs to back these claims up because they seem completely baseless

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

The whole thing started with Marcus Beer (@annoyedgamer) complaining about not being given a pre-release retail PS4. The logic is, if they won't give him one early, it's because there's something wrong with it.

I never thought there was anything to it when he said it, because if there were actual overheating issues with the console I feel confident in saying it would've a) been louder than this, and b) come from a bigger source.

Actually it didn't. Marcus Beer just dug up an old story and pretended he had sources. The guy needs ventilating.

DBT85

Interesting considering Marcus's tweet the other day about learning that people not in the industry know more than people in it.

But we all knew it was tosh.

Hex

Banned
Does the PS4 really have to have a red bar on it when it over heats... did they learn nothing from Microsoft!?

It is pretty standard if it is the only LED on the hardware it is going to be the indicator.
Otherwise they would have to have different LED lights for different things and that ruins the effect.

Valnen

I wouldn’t go shoving it in some snug little hole in your entertainment center, it likely needs room to breathe like, well, all videogame systems.
I wonder how long it will take after launch for someone's PS4 to brick from someone that ignored this advice, and blame it all on Sony. I give it a week tops.

Let your consoles breathe, people! Entertainment centers are the devil.

Hilarious.

It was a "rumor" that popped up in GAF all of about half a day and it was "squashed' very early on. He proceeded to attempt to make a controversy out of it and now Sony apparently has some kind of obligation to confirm or deny completely made up shit?

This is Marcus Beer we are talking about.

All developers are apparently obligated to answer his questions and if they wont he will use his video spot on GT to shit on them.

Does the PS4 really have to have a red bar on it when it over heats... did they learn nothing from Microsoft!?

I think that as well. Surely they are smarter then putting a giant red light on it when it gets warm.

Has anyone confirmed that the blue light strip on the ps4 can even change colour?

I usually like Marcus but he is fucking drama queen at the best of times, this was nothing more than click bait when it posted, this weeks will be bout the broken OS rumour!!!

That and sad for no free ps4 he even mentioned it in video, along with obligatory ( I have pre-ordered 1) so would give it back when needed!!

Sad really

Troll

Banned
It is pretty standard if it is the only LED on the hardware it is going to be the indicator.
Otherwise they would have to have different LED lights for different things and that ruins the effect.

The comment was tic, I think the pic was confirmed fake anyways. ;)

Nymphae

Banned

Where did he complain about not getting a PS4 early?

N.Domixis

Banned
Good, I hate how people make up bad rumors for ps4. Since its mostly been just gods news after good news people make up bad rumors for it.

Marcus is human, but he should really start picking his battles more carefully. If you're going to launch a complaint episode against Sony, and the only point that sticks is an unsubstantiated (and false) rumour about the PS4 overheating, you probably didn't have much material to work with to make an episode in the first place.

There are tons of controversial stories going around right now about next gen launch hardware and games, yet he decided to create a premise about Sony "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" then backed it up with effectively nothing.

Marcus, own up to the oddity that was last episode and be more selective with what you present your audience at GT and the broader gaming community. We like facts, and we also like opinions, but making shit up/aimless negativity really doesn't resonate.

I heard a rumor that Sony is using the fingernails of dead children to polish the case of the PS4. Now, keep in mind this is just a rumor, but unless I hear from Sony about this soon, I'm gonna have to assume this is true.

Curufinwe

I wonder how long it will take after launch for someone's PS4 to brick from someone that ignored this device, and blame it all on Sony. I give it a week tops.

Let your consoles breathe, people! Entertainment centers are the devil.

I was paranoid enough about that to keep my PS3 Slim on top on my TV for the last four years. Soon it will be replaced in that position by the PS4, since (luckily for me) they are about the same size. If the PS4 was any higher it wouldn't fit there.

100_4538.jpg

People keep laptops that are 2.5" tall cool with 125W CPUs and dual 100W GPUs. A decent heatsink, heatpipe and fan is going to have no trouble with a single ~130W APU.

If it's not true and there's no evidence of it...why can't Sony sue?

Haha...what? You know how much FUD is going around for both the PS4/XBO? You can't just start suing everyone.

This isn't just some annoymous FUD, this is a guy using a media platform to spread bullshit about a product with no evidence.
Sony should be allowed to protect themselves from that kind of crap.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Xbox is coming out a week after PS4 right? So he should be posting a video inferring something is wrong with the Xbox any time now?

Axass

Please guys, whatever you do, wheter you like Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Valve or even Sega (if you swing that way), don't give clicks to Marcus Beer.

That automatically revokes you any right to complain about bad game "journalism".

NHale

So are you saying Marcus Beer, the "Annoyed Gamer", took some internet rumor and didn't try to confirm it with actual sources before using it as material to justify "look how angry am I. I am so angry. I am cynical and don't enjoy anything. I'm you, gamer. Look at me, I'm your friend. Fuck you Phil Fish"

Someone should ask Shane Betthausen his opinion on Marcus Beer. It would certainly bring a new light on his (in)famous personality.

Top Bottom