• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4s Alleged Overheating Problems: Developers Say they Don’t Exist

Alx

Right now, talking about such rumor will only help spread it, even if the intent was to dismiss it.
"There is no such thing as a B3 bomber !"
watch Wag the Dog if you haven't already

Troll

Banned
I was paranoid enough about that to keep my PS3 Slim on top on my TV for the last four years. Soon it will be replaced in that position by the PS4, since (luckily for me) they are about the same size. If the PS4 was any higher it wouldn't fit there.

100_4538.jpg

Watching the Muppets? Didn't even bother to turn it off. I respect that.

kyser73

I heard a rumor that Sony is using the fingernails of dead children to polish the case of the PS4. Now, keep in mind this is just a rumor, but unless I hear from Sony about this soon, I'm gonna have to assume this is true.

Do they buff it with their tears?

If not, I'm cancelling my pre-order immediately. FU Sony, work those children harder for my £££s

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
This isn't just some annoymous FUD, this is a guy using a media platform to spread bullshit about a product with no evidence.
Sony should be allowed to protect themselves from that kind of crap.

Panello is up next then for the lawyers.

NHale

what was the source of his rumor ? did he say it was a dev ?

No. It was a rumor of the internet. THE INTERNET!

He probably saw some N4G rumor with that red light picture and ran with it. But like he said Sony gave him a Vita 2 weeks before launch and this time he didn't get a PS4: so 1+1=7, clearly PS4 has issues.

Quite depressing to see gaming personalities begging for free consoles...

I tried to read what MisterXMedia originally said about this.

I will never waste my time trying to read that website again. It's incomprehensible. It's like reading a novel in CBOATese.

this rumour never needed to be given the time of day. if they break down every 35 minutes or whatever, we'd have numerous reports from every place they've been demonstrating hardware. we wouldn't need insiders to tell us about it.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Has anyone actually seen anything relating to the PS4 overheating except for Marcus' video?

RedAssedApe

Banned
I think the last time this thread was created (albeit it was regarding recent Annoyed Gamer episode) it was locked fairly quickly for Marcus Beer FUD.

Has anyone actually seen anything relating to the PS4 overheating except for Marcus' video?

Note since that photo of RLOD. But that PS4 was encased in a plastic case that would have cut off all ventilation.

GodofWine

i hope some one does a thermal image of both machines again, and the ps4 both verticle and horizontal.

Im going horizontal and probably placing two pencils (or something of that general size and shape) under it to give it airflow underneath too.

Im not really worried, its half the power draw of my ps3 that lived 6 years, and i dropped it down the steps once too..plastic bits were flying, but it lived another 2 years. Tank.

There's people on twitter saying they won't preorder the console because of Marcus' made up rumor.

Actually he just replied to me and is blaming Sony for it. Lol, this guy.

https://twitter.com/annoyedgamer/status/397462247250722816

Gotta love when he tells his followers to "Fuck Off!" That is pretty professional! (Although, they were definitely giving him the business).

EDIT: So is Marcus Beer normally Pro Microsoft or something? I honestly do not know. I just assumed so, and that is why Twitter blew up on him quickly.

Satchel

Banned
I hope they don't.

But I doubt there were YLOD issues in PS3 Dev kits either.

I just pre ordered my Killzone bundle. Hope nothing goes wrong.

subrock

Does the PS4 really have to have a red bar on it when it over heats... did they learn nothing from Microsoft!?

I was going to say, how do we know that means overheating? Maybe it cycles colors when idle. Maybe it turns red when a video cable is unplugged like the 360 did. Maybe it means it's in debug mode.

Well. I'm glad we talked about it.

And we learned something:
1. Gaming personalities should be careful what they say. If its something serious they should be pretty sure about it. Do not spread vague rumors because you have dumb viewers who believe bullshit.
(Marcus Beer and ReviewTechUSA both failed here, both didn't mind to dig deeper, otherwise they would have found a lot of evidence that their rumors are wrong.)
2. People shouldn't believe rumors. Many took those stories as fact, even though Beer and RTU clearly said they're rumors.
3. GAF always saves the day with the mighty torch of truth.

fade_

i hope some one does a thermal image of both machines again, and the ps4 both verticle and horizontal.

Im going horizontal and probably placing two pencils (or something of that general size and shape) under it to give it airflow underneath too.

Im not really worried, its half the power draw of my ps3 that lived 6 years, and i dropped it down the steps once too..plastic bits were flying, but it lived another 2 years. Tank.

It needs a stand to go vertical right?

Top Bottom