• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4s Alleged Overheating Problems: Developers Say they Don’t Exist

His source was GAF and the image of the PS4 in the little plastic box. You know, that one that was debunked immediately?

It's sad that he and so many others will happily take a shit on the industry and his fellow journalists, purely for the sake of spreading FUD so he can get a few clicks.

exactly. glad he is being called out on his bullshit-AGAIN

Eusis

The only time I heard of confirmed issues was when it was in a sealed box at an expo. You could probably have the PS1 cook itself to death in something like that, and that was before systems really started warming up (literally.)

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
wOtRWmV.png

kjAirX8.png

iujcplL.png

LOL
Wow... *phew* Is this the definition of FUD? Twitter is becoming more and more dangerous. And I don't know about this case but whenever people defend themselves on these kind of topics I see it as not having confidence in what you said or having the need to validate something,anything.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Gotta love when he tells his followers to "Fuck Off!" That is pretty professional! (Although, they were definitely giving him the business).

EDIT: So is Marcus Beer normally Pro Microsoft or something? I honestly do not know. I just assumed so, and that is why Twitter blew up on him quickly.

Not really. He just needs something to get angry about for his show and made some shit up. Not as bad as Adam Sessler.

Glad to hear this isn't an issue. I was a bit worried since the reveal given the power of the hardware and the apparent paucity of vents, but it seems that Sony has figured it all out.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Never took him to be that. Still doesn't excuse him for propagating a rumour with no sources.

I think (1) he was pissed that Sony didn't give him a PS4 before launch for reviewing but only had this controlled review event and (2) he saw that picture of the PS4 with the red LED and "conjured" a theory.

Feorax

Not really. He just needs something to get angry about for his show and made some shit up. Not as bad as Adam Sessler.

It's still pretty fucking bad.

You have the likes of Garnett Lee and Jason Schreier coming on here and making reasonable arguments, trying to defend their position and show how certain areas of the gaming press are looking at things, and then this tosser just goes "hur hur, bullshit rumours! hur hur, clicks!" and throws them under the bus by riling up everyone who is already pissed off about certain individuals.

Theman2k

Oh wow, he said "several sorces" ?

You know what i think?

I think he just ran a show about a negative rumor about the ps4 based only on the red line picture.
I also think he didnt even try to clearify that rumor in any way, devs or pr for that matter. And Just to stick it up to sony because he didnt get a free ps4 early he downplayed the console launch with the 1.5 patch.

You know what ? This is fucking pissing me off.
Fuck that guy for thinking he's so special he should have got an early ps4 unit, and for revenge he talks shit (in a ligitmate way by calling it a rumor) on the console on his show.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I have to admit I'm almost disappointed that the sources didn't say the Xbone was overheating. I want to see how thick this shitstorm can get.

I'm not familiar with this guy. Is he basically just a more tepid riff on Yahtzee and TotalBiscuit? I hope we're not in for a Not Entirely Polite Gamer next, it's a slippery slope from that to the Urbane But Potentially Controversial Gamer.

Shahed

So is Marcus Beer normally Pro Microsoft or something? I honestly do not know. I just assumed so, and that is why Twitter blew up on him quickly.

No. He absolutely slated Microsoft a new one after that Xbox One reveal, and to a lesser extent after E3

FoxSpirit

"it's quiet at all times" is perhaps the best news I got out of this.
You know me, the local "silenced PC case" enthusiast.

lol @ Marcus feigning outrage over not receiving a PS4 pre-launch.

Dude is not a reviewer. He's a Tier 2 (or 3) industry pundit with a soapbox. Such minions don't receive new HW pre-release.

Loakum

Banned
ok...folks are still posting tweets on Marus twitter feed about this, is really like beating a dead horse, at this point. We have confirmed developers to debunk this rumor, so why continue tweeting him about this? We're just 11 days from the start of next gen gaming....can we just be happy about that?

This is great news. I just made a snarky comment in the thread about XBox One's standby mode. Glad to hear that there the reports about overheating are truly overblown - on both consoles.

Looks like Marcus is new to the internet.

Don't report on a rumour unless you believe it is credible. You can't just wash your hands after and say 'hey, it was only a rumour'

Satchel

Banned
WSnt everyone taking Macus Beer as gospel when it came to the Xbox One UI having issues? Wasn't he basically used as confirmation?

Jburton

Banned
ok...still posting tweets on Marus twitter feed is really beating a dead horse, at this point. We have confirmed developers to debunk this rumor, so why continue tweeting him about this? We're just 11 days from the start of next gen gaming....can we just be happy about that?

Because people like this Marcus don't deserve to be let off with this, using his platform to spread nonsense, spitting out his dummy because no freebie.

Pain

Banned
So glad this has been thoroughly debunked.
Tired of seeing the fanboys use this rumor as ammunition for the console wars.

They'll keep bringing it up though. That's what trolls do. I need to keep reminding myself to not only not participate on Disqus/IGN comment sections but not read them either. Makes me sad to be associated with these people.

Top Bottom