• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR Price: $399/399/£349/¥44,980, no camera/move, launching October

ranmafan

Wish it was ¥40000 but still better than I thought it would, considering the yen situation now. Still a nice price. October is a nice time for it to come out too. So excited now!

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Great! Called it last May. ;) I still hope that's the price for the camera bundle and a lower-pricd one without the camera. Even a $399 value-added bundle that has a game or Moves instead of the camera would do nicely.

Thats a super reasonable price, considering this needs to be a commercial product. Id imagine they are taking a loss, but honestly its smart, they could even see the same success they had with the ps4 at that price comparatively to its competitiors, im not sold yet, still need to try it. But this makes it way more easy to swallow should I decide to jump in! i hope rez gollem is a launch game, the other psvr games shown didnt have me all that interested

Guessing that is just the headset since the price is shown next to the headset by itself. Might include a game at launch. $399 for everything is pretty amazing if true. Though since I already have the camera and controllers, I would be getting stuff I don't need.

$499 including camera and move controllers is still pretty good too, assuming that's what the full bundle would be.

Might need to get one of these to go with my Oculus, assuming Sony has some great exclusive content. :)

Wallach

Seems a little weird that the camera is not included when it isn't going to work without one, no?

I guess they just really wanted to be able to get the list price under $400.

It's $100 more than I speculated, but it's an okay price. Now, the big worry is about games this thing is going to have at launch. Sony always has a problem with supporting their peripherals beyond a few games.

I also worry that the price will turn many would-be buyers away from the device, given that it costs more than the console. I can't really see this taking off around Christmas, but then again, I can definitely see it.

Just make sure this thing has games, Sony.

Dalto11

All in, that's my ideal price point and much more affordable to me than the Oculus or Vive (though I still plan to buy a Vive after I upgrade my PC in a couple of years). I l already have two sets of move controllers, and I have the camera for the PS4, so I'm set there. Hyped.

HowZatOZ

Banned
This doesn't work for PC does it? I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon, the cost of a PlayStation and the VR system is nearly $1000, I'd rather spend that on a PC compatible VR.

In saying that it is indeed a great price point, low enough for consumers to slightly consider it and the hardcore to buy instantly.

Tankard

I'm in, whewww, was scared it was going to be 100 bucks more expensive than that, which in my case become so much more money.

Can't wait for it.

GO OUT AND BUY MOVE CONTROLLERS RIGHT NOW.

You don't know what they may reprice them at. I managed to get Two Move Controllers, A charging station, Nav Controller all for $45 Canadian.

Don't wait!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
As already posted in the other thread

399.99 is the highest I was expecting PSVR to be priced. I was predicting between 299.99 and 399.99. However, while it's correct to have different bundles, especially for those who already have Move controllers and cameras, 399.99 for just the headset seems...even more expensive than what I thought?

BTW, WHAT @ Battlefront VR

oti

Banned
I could try to sell my Xbox One, with luck I'd get 200€ out of it on eBay. That's half the price of PS VR.

JohnDrake

The price is what I expected but for now I won't buy. Maybe sometime in the future. I would have to buy some Move controls and camera as well.

Top Bottom