• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR Price: $399/399/£349/¥44,980, no camera/move, launching October

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Well I've already got the camera and one move controller. I wonder if they'll pair this with the Taco Bell promotion this year.

I'll wait for longer term impressions otherwise.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Still far too much for me, I'd rather spend that money on games.

Hopefully in 5 years VR will be at a mass market price.

Kikorin

399€ is the price for user who already have a camera, the "real" price for all others people will be with the camera included, so probably a bundle for 449€ or something similar.

majik13

PSVR-GDC-2016-330.JPG

If that isnt the camera behind him, then what is that?

Nzyme32

Excellent price! Should be perfect for those console oriented and interested in VR gaming vs mobile or PC right now, which is so good.

Lots to be excited about for both VR console and PC gaming

t hicks

Banned
Mad hype for VR
gimme good games/experiences and let me watch the movies I already own on PSN in a movie theater and you'll get a 10/10 from me

RoKKeR

About what I expected. Very interested to see how it performs. If I had a PS4 I would be mighty tempted to pick it up, though I'd probably wait to see if the price comes down.

Venom Fox

Banned
What the hell is wrong with everyone? You all wanted the headset, camera and move controllers all for $399?
So your basically telling me that Rift and Occulus are severley over priced? Or is it because you are all butthurt that people getting PSVR are paying a hell of a lot lower than the PC crowd?

Anyway, I think you all need to take a step back and look at costs of new technologies like this.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
This doesn't work for PC does it? I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon, the cost of a PlayStation and the VR system is nearly $1000, I'd rather spend that on a PC compatible VR.

In saying that it is indeed a great price point, low enough for consumers to slightly consider it and the hardcore to buy instantly.

This is what I'm waiting to see lol.

I doubt it will get official support from Sony but I could see somebody getting it to work on PC. If they do I'll probably get one along with Oculus.

It's funny to see the same people ITT celebrating that were declaring Oculus DOA at $599. After the camera and Move controllers you need to work this it's not gonna be far off.

RK128

Don't plan on getting this for a good year or so but glad they are pricing it well :).

400 bucks is pricey but for VR, its the cheapest on the market. Hope it does well and Sony is aggressive with system bundles with the device (PS4 bundles that have PS VR for 550 or 600$ could so very well if pushed right).

Nice news to hear, so thank you OP for sharing this with us :D.

Micerider

Already got the Move and Camera so I'm all in. I have the PC for Oculus Rift and Vive, but both would net me more than 900 EUR now, which is a tad too steep for me to jump into a technology I do not know if I'd really be into. So : PSVR will be my entry point and it will probably decide if I want to go further on the PC end.

Expected price. lol @ people that were expecting $2xx.xx. That shit was never going to happen.

In4-1.

$800 to own a ps4 and this. Lmao

lmao @ thinking VR was going to be cheap? Did you think HTC and Oculus were selling at Apple-levels of profit? No miracles here; this is what we expected.

edit: and damn this price doesn't include the wands? camera?

killroy87

Yes, because Canada is special, Sony will a loss on the CAD because fuck it, maple syrup.

Sony currently price their consoles about $40 below what the exchange rate says (meanign if someone from the US comes to Canada, it's technically cheaper to buy it here). And a few months ago when the CAD dollar was even worse, the gap was closer to $60.

RedAssedApe

Banned
assuming its the same ps4 camera. which can be found for pretty cheat as of late.

how much are move controllers? are they even required if this is supposed to support the ds4?

dual wield a ds4 in each hand lol

border

$399 for a bundle that doesn't even contain the peripherals necessary to make the headset work is pretty underwhelming.

I thought a barebones SKU was a bad idea to start with, but at $399 it's even worse. I'll still put in a pre-order when it's possible, but I don't have a lot of hope for the headset's longevity.

There's time to get PS camera's and PS moves on sale from different stores/outlets and whatnot before October.

Example: I got my PS4 Camera for $15 during a deal going on at best buy in December. There will be more sales going on in the future I'm sure.

As far as cheap move controllers go, check your local mom and pop electronic and record stores that sell video games to see if that carry good used versions of them for(THE EXCHANGE, etc)

jett

D-Member
Without the camera and controllers? Because seems so based on the pic.

Yeah honestly, thinking about it, it's a kinda shitty price.

The Rift comes with an Xbox One controller, a camera, a remote and two games bundled with it, and it has better specs.

Wait, it doesn't come with the camera for 399$?

Hmm... Slightly disappointed. I was expecting the no-camera version to go no higher than 349.

£349 to fully experience Waifus in the Summer and Aircrafts in the Sky is pretty cool

You can buy the cameras for around £20-40 man im so down

I just need the money

Top Bottom