• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG's Xbox "exclusivity" is just as confusing as it was for ROTTB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

down 2 orth

Jebus, I thought Microsoft wanted us to come together in one big loving cross-play family? I'm confused by their motives now.

border

That is entirely untrue. All the reporting is that Sony (at least partially) funded SFV from the beginning -- they did not hop in with $$$ at the last minute to lock down the platforms. Even a Capcom producer said they weren't going to invest in SFV -- before Sony hopped in.

MS has a team helping them with the port? Bluehole is racking in the money, they don't need MS's help. They could buy an entire porting company if they wanted at this point.

I don't see how anyone can simultaneously believe that Capcom didn't have enough money to make a sequel to one of the most iconic and recognizable franchises in gaming history, but somehow an indie success like Bluehole didn't need Microsoft's cash infusion. It's clearly bullshit in both cases.

Capcom didn't need Sony to make SFV......Bluehole doesn't need Microsoft to do a port of a game that's already mostly complete.

statham

Bluehole has already made millions off PUBG. I'm pretty sure they could afford to hire as many people as needed to start porting the game without outside financial/technical help.
See capcom and sf. Or some indies , MS paying for the port, when the team is 100% focusec on getting the pc version out.

Magwik

Banned
More like 'can we cockblock our competitor's customers'?

Where do you get that from?
Bluehole is barely managing to keep the PC version on track.
They don't have the time or resources to develop the game for a platform they've never touched. But hey whatever fits your narrative.

down 2 orth

Where do you get that from?
Bluehole is barely managing to keep the PC version on track.
They don't have the time or resources to develop the game for a platform they've never touched. But hey whatever fits your narrative.

Its not me who's putting the spin out there. I mean, you're the one who brought up Bluehole and their lack of resources. Lmao, you say it like their game hasn't been a huge financial success.

Just admit it, Microsoft is cockblocking.

Well for one, there are. As somebody has already pointed out to you in this thread.

Those threads aren't made of the premise of Sony and their Crash exclusivity being confusing, so you're wrong. I MADE one of those threads. The premise of them are for new news, new thread, and X retailer or Y website shows Xbox version or some other. And that in fact proves his point; so much back and forth and backtracking mixed with silence and this and that, so many threads, yet there are no threads made with the premise of calling out Sony and their bullshit regarding it. Instead these very threads are filled with posters saying it should be exclusive because Crash is synonymous with PlayStation, that people are port begging just because they know it isn't going to be exclusive and want to know when it will be available for them, and defending Sony saying they shouldn't have to talk about the nature of their timed deal because of business reasons (but in this thread, the exact, very opposite, especially from you).

Its going to be a yr exclusive, you guy know it, its not confusing, they had a 4 man/women porting it to xbox, now, supposedly a Xbox team is porting it. It'll be a good port. Its a great get for MS

This is a silly comment. There's no way to know how long it will be exclusive. Could be 3 months, 6 months, or a year. Let's see. My money is on 6 months.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Is there a thread devoted to just the exclusivity of crash collection? How many pages is it?

Except there are no threads about how the 'exclusivity' of the crash collection is confusing, and that's even more so than this. So yeah, he has a point.

Are you fucking kidding me? I directly responded to you hours ago!

Those threads aren't made of the premise of Sony and their Crash exclusivity being confusing, so you're wrong. I MADE one of those threads. The premise of them are for new news, new thread, and X retailer or Y website shows Xbox version or some other. And that in fact proves his point; so much back and forth and backtracking mixed with silence and this and that, so many threads, yet there are no threads made with the premise of calling out Sony and their bullshit regarding it. Instead these very threads are filled with posters saying it should be exclusive because Crash is synonymous with PlayStation, that people are port begging just because they know it isn't going to be exclusive and want to know when it will be available for them, and defending Sony saying they shouldn't have to talk about the nature of their timed deal because of business reasons (but in this thread, the exact, very opposite, especially from you).

wow, for somebody who's pretty much always whining about Sony 'fanboys' and tag-teaming in with that Jeff Freecs character, you sure are the fucking worst kind of fanboy, seeing bias everywhere when you're as bad as The Last Word.

Floody

So make the thread then, those thread have all pretty much went the same way this has, some people trying to justify it, most being annoyed and wanting to know how long it'll be exclusive for.

RedStep

I thought Philly wasnt a fan of these types of deals? lol

Man, we found a new salt mine today. Hope everybody's keeping an eye on their blood pressure.

Building content for a game (skins/missions/etc) and then disabling it from one version is not the same as building an entire port for a given platform and not the other (yet). Is the expectation really that every time a platform owner approaches a popular PC game to port it they need to make sure other platforms are getting it as well?

People are being deliberately obtuse and trying to make it some moral thing when it's not. Somehow I don't think we'll see the same hand-wringing the next time a developer says they want to focus on one platform (as long as it's their platform of choice).

wow, for somebody who's pretty much always whining about Sony 'fanboys' and tag-teaming in with that Jeff Freecs character, you sure are the fucking worst kind of fanboy, seeing bias everywhere when you're as bad as The Last Word.

Who the hell is this Jeff character you're talking about? Instead of posting a bottled up, salty reply you kept inside for who knows since when, and projecting your bias with such a laughable post, you should tone down and realize you're comparing me to a guy who I see get called out tons of times a day, from mods, to even people he quotes and agrees with. You're seriously comparing me to him which anyone will shut you down about, simply because you have a bone to pick with me? Get real. I've never been called out by anyone except the person I'm shutting down at the moment.

My post that you quoted was a perfectly acceptable response. There was nothing fanboyish about it, and it's pretty obvious why it made you so enraged.

Boke1879

Only thing I'll say is this.

Didn't Phil specifically say he didn't want to do deals like this after the whole TR situation?

Theorry

Didn't Phil specifically say he didn't want to do deals like this after the whole TR situation?

Nope.

“I don’t know what deals get written. I’ve been pretty open about, I’m not a fan of doing deals that hold back specific pieces of content from other platforms. You don’t see that in the deals we’ve done with Assassin’s and Shadow. We’ll have a marketing deal on those, but I don’t say, hey, I need some kind of Strike or skin somebody else can’t play.

I think so. But TR was supposed to come out for PS4 before the exclusivity; it seems PUBG is releasing first due to early access and MS helping them optimize and port. Expect a PS4 version next year sometime.

Megatron

Are you fucking kidding me? I directly responded to you hours ago!

Sorry, I guess I missed your first post.

Notice how none of those thread titles are upset about Sony not being forthright about it? They're just reporting basically the latest bits discovered, but there is no thread of outrage calling Sony to task for being so confusing or misleading like there is whenever it goes the other way.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Notice how none of those thread titles are upset about Sony not being forthright about it? They're just reporting basically the latest bits discovered, but there is no thread of outrage calling Sony to task for being so confusing or misleading like there is whenever it goes the other way.

So you are basing that there is no anger towards the ambiguity of the Crash 'exclusivity' on thread titles alone?

Cool beans.

Sorry, I guess I missed your first post.

You're the one projecting a mood onto the headlines. Just read them with a non-upset tone or a sarcastic tone. It does make reading forums a whole lot easier if you don't imagine everyone else is really upset.

Magwik

Banned
Its not me who's putting the spin out there. I mean, you're the one who brought up Bluehole and their lack of resources. Lmao, you say it like their game hasn't been a huge financial success.

Just admit it, Microsoft is cockblocking.

and those resources are being put into the PC version that sells a million more copies each month thus putting a strain on the servers and increases the pool of testing and bugs they have to do?

Yep, be fantastic if they haven't slapped on any extra exclusivity, which they'd have every right to. MS would deserve major props even.

I think they'll just be happy to be associated with it for the six months or whatever.

I presume Microsoft are going to deal with the advertising side of things. Is PUBG even advertised at the moment?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This thread didn't start well and rapidly degenerated into console warrior antics. If somebody wants to discuss PUBG exclusivity maturely they can create a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom