• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Edition announced for 3DS

Anth0ny

I know TYO data is delayed, so I'm probably behind - but it's still pretty cray:

52n1yb4.png

Puzzles and Dragons: Super Mario Edition Announced...

gaijin4koma2_peersbloc9urh.jpg

... for 3DS...

gaijin4koma_peersblogzfs2y.jpg

..but that's the closest Nintendo's ever got to releasing a smart phone game...

gaijin4koma2_peersbloc9urh.jpg

23qwerty

Oh weird, I actually downloaded the mobile game yesterday because I'd never heard of it before and it looked kinda neat. Kinda fun, not entirely sure why it's apparently super popular but alright. Weird coincidence.

Okamid3n

I really want this.

Really, really want this.

I never knew how much I wanted this.

I wonder if they will ever make a Mario x pad collab inside of the main PAD game.

XaosWolf

This may be the only chance of getting a 3DS version in the West.

Still pissed at the lack of official Android version in the UK. =/

JCX

I got too deep into P&D on android. Only mobile game I spent money on. Still feels dirty.\

But I would buy this in a heartbeat.

seady

Haha

First time I see people get a sad face when a game is announced for console/handheld instead of mobile.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Um, wasn't P&DZ a bigger announcement? Maybe I'm not getting what Mario is really adding to this. P&DZ sold about 1.5M copies on 3DS in Japan, so I kind of doubt this one is going to perform much differently than a sequel would... it's not Youkai Watch which is growing a lot right?

seady

I got too deep into P&D on android. Only mobile game I spent money on. Still feels dirty.\

But I would buy this in a heartbeat.

Same here.

I don't spend on any other mobile games. Rarely spend on DLC for consoles.
But for PAD, I play it every day for 2 years so I am happy to give them my money.

seady

Um, wasn't P&DZ a bigger announcement? Maybe I'm not getting what Mario is really adding to this. P&DZ sold about 1.5M copies on 3DS in Japan, so I kind of doubt this one is going to perform much differently than a sequel would... it's not Youkai Watch which is growing a lot right?

It will attract a lot of non-PAD players to try PAD.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I'm expecting a retail box, and eshop release, with zero microtransaction, myself. But I might be wrong. I hope not.

P&DZ was a full retail game with no microtransactions iirc. I don't see Nintendo allowing them to make a title starring Mario have microtransactions.

It will attract a lot of non-PAD players to try PAD.

Maybe in the West, but doesn't everyone in Japan already play PAD? Probably a lot of them are 3DS owners already as well. P&DZ sold 1.5M+ copies, so close to 10% of the 3DS userbase bought the game. I really don't think this will be any bigger than the first game.

Top Bottom