• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to PC on April 05

ekim

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/qu...n-confirmed/1100-6434694/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

During a recent press trip where the Windows edition was confirmed, Remedy did not offer any details on the port. It is unclear whether the PC game was developed in-house at the Finnish studio, or if another developer was involved.

Quantum Break's PC edition is the latest in Microsoft's wider push to expand its games across console and PC. Games currently in development for both platforms includes Gears of War 4, ReCore, Scalebound, and Fable Legends.

Gears 4 and Scalebound was a mistake by gamespot.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Did Microsoft actually confirm the other games coming to PC, not just Quantum Break? We need clarifications!

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Weird how Sunset Overdrive hasn't been announced yet for the PC. It's the odd man out.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
rip xbone

giphy.gif

Interesting that they announce Gear 4 for PC before they've even given a release date for Gears Ultimate on PC which they announced back at E3.

Regardless, this is great news for PC gamers.

Edit: still crossing fingers for Sunset Overdrive on PC, or Sunset Overdrive 2 announced and to be release on Xbone/PC simultaneously.

Liamario

Banned
I can only interpret this as them moving away from consoles. Any new Xbox console will be a PC, aka steambox.

I'm going to guess Windows Store exclusives?

If so kinda lame, but at the same time, we probably wouldn't have gotten these games otherwise.

Is this an accidental announcement of Scalebound for PC or did it get mistakenly lumped in with the other MS exclusives on accident?

I don't think any of those other titles were ever officially announced for PC

speedomodel

"Every Xbox One Quantum Break pre-order made through the Xbox Store or participating retailers will get you a download code for the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break and Xbox One backwards compatible version of Alan Wake’s American Nightmare."

georly

Oh wow. I love this. Keep it up microsoft. Hopefully this ends up a smarter business decision for them in the end, even if it does eventually end up costing them xbox sales. Easy way to compete (games-wise) is to expand your audience to the millions of PC players out there, something that neither nintendo or sony have done (nor likely will do). Definitely looking forward to scalebound and KI - hopefully their PC ports are top notch, too.

Edit: Oh, scalebound edited out? :/ Well, here's hoping anyway. Either way, i'm interested in sea of thieves. Quantum break is one of those "if it's really good and on sale" games for me.

notaskwid

Doubt being on PC will improve their sales a lot if kept W10 shop exclusives... One more step for the next xbox to become litle more than a generic Windows 10 box though.

Theorry

"Every Xbox One Quantum Break pre-order made through the Xbox Store or participating retailers will get you a download code for the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break and Xbox One backwards compatible version of Alan Wake’s American Nightmare."

Damnnnnnn!

chadskin

http://news.xbox.com/2016/02/11/quantum-break-coming-to-xbox-one-and-windows-10-on-april-5/

Pre-Order Quantum Break for Xbox One to Receive the Windows 10 Version at No Additional Cost

Xbox wants to empower gamers to play the games they want with the people they want on the devices they want, so Microsoft Studios and Remedy Entertainment will launch Quantum Break on Windows 10 simultaneously with the Xbox One version on April 5, 2016. Anyone who pre-orders the Xbox One digital version of Quantum Break through the Xbox Store, purchases an Xbox One digital token at participating retailers, or pre-orders an Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break bundle, will receive the Windows 10 version of the game downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code.*

Top Bottom