• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to PC on April 05

$1,224.99 Australian. Hopefully the Ukrainian store will ease that down to a more palatable 600 bucks or so.

EDIT - Oh no, what a dumb post to start a new page on.

Genio88

Well there it is,guess I'm getting it on PC now.But I shall wait to see if it's a good port first

We are talking about Remedy, it's gonna be a great PC port.
By the way i still don't get why people insist on avoiding Windows 10 or its store, Windows 10 is awesome for me, it runs better than 7 or 8.1 and has plenty great features of which DirectX 12 on top for gaming

Genio88

£774.99

giphy.gif

I know everybody knows that already, but i guess it's worth mention that the price isn't real, indeed you can't buy the game yet, Microsoft use to put those weird prices when the game isn't available for purchase yet, can't quite figure out why though, they could just use "unavailable" instead of 999$, i guess they just enjoy this joke

Lazaro

I know everybody knows that already, but i guess it's worth mention that the price isn't real, indeed you can't buy the game yet, Microsoft use to put those weird prices when the game isn't available for purchase yet, can't quite figure out why though, they could just use "unavailable" instead of 999$, i guess they just enjoy this joke

Theres probably a way to download those game on certain Windows 10 configurations (Configurations for Journalistic purposes) and this is Microsoft's way of preventing and punishing users for doing so.

Lister

Banned
We are talking about Remedy, it's gonna be a great PC port.
By the way i still don't get why people insist on avoiding Windows 10 or its store, Windows 10 is awesome for me, it runs better than 7 or 8.1 and has plenty great features of which DirectX 12 on top for gaming

There are some severe limitaitons with games on the Windows Store. I think that's the main reason peple don't like it - well that and Microsoft's previous history with PC gaming and it's store front.

That being said, for most PC gamers, I'd wager the windows store will just be the place they get Microsoft exclusives, the same way Origin is the place they get EA exclusives, and Battlenet is where they get Blizzard exclusives. Steam will still be the place to get everything else.

And most Microsoft exclusive titles will be console driven experiences - that likely means, "cinematic", linear, action adventure games that aren't designed to accomodate mods, nor have historically benefited much from them. I mean, it would be nice, but games like Quantum Break, are one offs. you play it and experience it, and you mvoe on. At least they are for me.

w0s

There are some severe limitaitons with games on the Windows Store. I think that's the main reason peple don't like it - well that and Microsoft's previous history with PC gaming and it's store front.

That being said, for most PC gamers, I'd wager the windows store will just be the place they get Microsoft exclusives, the same way Origin is the place they get EA exclusives, and Battlenet is where they get Blizzard exclusives. Steam will still be the place to get everything else.

And most Microsoft exclusive titles will be console driven experiences - that likely means, "cinematic", linear, action adventure games that aren't designed to accomodate mods, nor have historically benefited much from them. I mean, it would be nice, but games like Quantum Break, are one offs. you play it and experience it, and you mvoe on. At least they are for me.

This is how I feel. Exclusive games I will get cheap anyways. Even a non linear game like forza horizon 3 I would prefer to play on my pic over my xb1. So I can't mod 2-3 games a year. Oh well. I am bad though I know people on here and outside of here that won't use origins or uplay. I don't even care about that the one or two times a year I might have to use it.

Genio88

Yes indeed, I don't see the need of mods in games like Quantum Break, Forza, Halo or Gears, actually I don't like mods at all since i think a game should be played like its designer meant it to be, and they also often ruin online competitive experience.
Regarding the other "limitations", borderless mode has not issues at all compared to full screen, actually it is better and i often used it in some PC games to get better frame rate, vsync always on works with Gsync monitors too so it's not a big issue either, also why would you turn it off causing frame rate fluctuation and screen tearing?
The only real limitation i see there is the lack of Sli support, which would bother people who have two GPUs and would like to run the game at higher resolutions using that combined power, though that's just a niche of the PC players, who usually have a single GPU, and i expect Microsoft to address this issue soon, Phil Spencer already tweeted about being working to add those features on Windows 10 game

Capture.png

kinggroin

Banned
Yes indeed, I don't see the need of mods in games like Quantum Break, Forza, Halo or Gears, actually I don't like mods at all since i think a game should be played like its designer meant it to be, and they also often ruin online competitive experience.
Regarding the other "limitations", borderless mode has not issues at all compared to full screen, actually it is better and i often used it in some PC games to get better frame rate, vsync always on works with Gsync monitors too so it's not a big issue either, also why would you turn it off causing frame rate fluctuation and screen tearing?
The only real limitation i see there is the lack of Sli support, which would bother people who have two GPUs and would like to run the game at higher resolutions using that combined power, though that's just a niche of the PC players, who usually have a single GPU, and i expect Microsoft to address this issue soon, Phil Spencer already tweeted about being working to add those features on Windows 10 game

Capture.png

Whether the limitations bother you or not, they are exactly that to other people. PC platform is about flexibility, things windows store versions of games are lacking.

Also, borderless nonexclusive full screen means I get so see my stupid taskbar or windows notifications when I play :-/

Last, not having a proper .exe means no way to run from Steam BPM without having weird overlay glitches or the windows kernel (I have my kernel boot to SteamOS interface).

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
What complete nonsense.

JaggedSac

Capture.png

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/703734557774774272

@darkhand12345 SLI and Crossfire work, games just need to support it just as always. We will fix vsync.

SparkTR

Designers are constrained by lots of things. Publishers, budgets, deadlines, creative differences, technology etc. I bet you the designers of games such as VtMB or System Shock 2 or even Morrowind or New Vegas wouldn't even begin to recommend you play their original, non-modded versions over the modded ones in 2016. Nevermind entirely new content and games that are born from modding like Insurgency or Team Fortress etc (not that could happen with Microsoft games these days).

Mods also have nothing to do with online cheating or competitive gameplay. They're absolutely not even in the same catagory, they're very seperate things that have nothing to do with each other.

Angling for a job at Microsoft with spin like that. Using your G-Sync monitor for its intended purpose? Why indeed?

Kezen

Banned
Boom. Would you look at that. Seems it's not MS' fault at all for SLI/Crossfire (and anyways DX12 should help elliviate that if a dev so chooses). Hopefully they get the vsync issue handled though.

A Polygon guy said a while back that Gears would support SLI/Crossfire so the UWA itself does not prevent it.

Zedox

A Polygon guy said a while back that Gears would support SLI/Crossfire so the UWA itself does not prevent it.

You think "Gaf" is gonna care if a polygon guy (of all sites) said something. lolololol.

Nah, but you see, that's why I said "wait and see" for a lot of this because we on the outside don't have enough information to say what's true and what's not and a lot of the presumptions are based off of one game (that's not a 1st party game). Hopefully MS addresses the issues that are real issues that are MS' doing.

EDIT: Also, I see a lot of people asking for .exe's so that they can add a game to Steam...uhm, how about asking Steam to support UWAs? They already support one windows filetype...why not another? That's something MS and Steam can work on together.

Kezen

Banned
You think "Gaf" is gonna care if a polygon guy (of all sites) said something. lolololol.

Nah, but you see, that's why I said "wait and see" for a lot of this because we on the outside don't have enough information to say what's true and what's not and a lot of the presumptions are based off of one game (that's not a 1st party game). Hopefully MS addresses the issues that are real issues that are MS' doing.

Honestly I don't see much wrong with the current MS Store save for.......its lack of high quality games.

One point of contention is the lack of "exclusive" fullscreen.

Zedox

Honestly I don't see much wrong with the current MS Store save for.......its lack of high quality games.

One point of contention is the lack of "exclusive" fullscreen.

Yea, I don't think exclusive fullscreen is going to happen.

Developing Games for Windows 10

Start at 28:22. Talks about performance and stuff.

But this one goes deepr into performance for DX12 performance. (not as intertwined in the w10 stuff)

https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/GDC/GDC-2015/Advanced-DirectX12-Graphics-and-Performance?ocid=SessionsInEvent

That's just a really silly thing to say. Bethesda, for example, take a lot of stuff from mods to their previous games and add them to their latest games. Pretty much every new feature in their games is taken from a popular mod these days. Another example is the re-releases of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. They added the best mods and I doubt anyone thinks that those games should be played without mods. There are so many QOL mods and other neat things that objectively improve the games.

Besides, game designers aren't flawless. Being able to change features more to your liking is a great thing.

I was pretty much decided on buying it on Windows Store anyway because, you know.. it's the only way I'll be playing Quantum Break on PC. However, I've put a few hours into Fable Legends this weekend on PC and boy do I wish it had exclusive fullscreen. I'm not going to get into details because NDA but let's just say that exclusive fullscreen would most definitely alleviate the problems I was having.

Drazzub

Neo Member
I'm really hoping Microsoft ups their game for the windows store.

No, they just need to make it better, Origin is much improved from launch and their customer service is much better than Steam, Uplay is still crap but slowly improving. Valve needs and should have competition, the best interest of PC gamers is for a good windows store, not its removal, they only ones that benefit from the common naive cry of "just use steam" is Valve, not us.

Top Bottom