• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to PC on April 05

morikaze

Banned
I can only interpret this as them moving away from consoles. Any new Xbox console will be a PC, aka steambox.

Whatever this is it is great news for me because I really don't want to buy an Xbone for a few games. Hopefully Rare Replay comes to PC.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!

NeoRaider

Wait they edited the article??

Quantum Break's PC edition is the latest in Microsoft's wider push to expand its games across console and PC. Games currently in development for both platforms includes ReCore, Sea of Thieves and Fable Legends.

Thoraxes

"Every Xbox One Quantum Break pre-order made through the Xbox Store or participating retailers will get you a download code for the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break and Xbox One backwards compatible version of Alan Wake’s American Nightmare."

Holy sheeeeiittt

MS is buying up some street cred from me with this move.

Quantum Break's PC edition is the latest in Microsoft's wider push to expand its games across console and PC. Games currently in development for both platforms includes ReCore, Sea of Thieves and Fable Legends.

Huh?

LKSmash

"Every Xbox One Quantum Break pre-order made through the Xbox Store or participating retailers will get you a download code for the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break and Xbox One backwards compatible version of Alan Wake’s American Nightmare."

That's an insane deal. Big ups to MS

wow i knew it.
By the way QB was looking i knew it was PC footage.
Man MS should really try too keep games just for Xbox one fans so its fair.

jiggles

Banned
Smart. But as someone with all the consoles and a gaming PC, the increasing redundancy of the former is a bit of a double-edged sword.

Huh, good on your for actually making due on your PC promises I guess.

But now I have absolutely zero reason to ever want an xbox one, but I guess I'll be in your system anyways because of the windows 10 store since these will probably be exclusive to it.

Phamit

They edited the article, Scalebound and GoW4 has been removed

If it was true probably Gamespot wouldn't be the only source on this news

Old fashion 900p
How excited are you now bro?

Hell yes, that means when I build my PC later this year I'm not stuck with the technically inferior version. All these games should be cross-buy imo.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I didn't see anything in the link about Gears 4 nor Scalebound. Am I missing something?

Edit: Never mind. Confirmed mistake.

Still, Quantum, Day 1 on PC?! Me likey!

Whompa02

So at this point, the Xbox One has Halo 5 as an absolute exclusive? What's actually left to the console?

edit: never mind then. These news outlets are really not that great.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Got my hopes up about Scalebound :(

Already had to pay the Platinum Ticket price (console purchase) for Bayonetta 2, keep hoping I'll be able to dodge another.

Amazing news. So glad I decided to go PC + Nintendo this generation. Thanks to Microsoft sticking to their claims of PC support, the only games I'll miss out on will be a few PS4 exclusives.

Edit: OK. So that was a mistake then!? Still pleased to see Quantum Break though.

Thoraxes

Old article snapshot:

screencapture-www-gamiquko.png

Tommyhawk

Holy shit, this is great!

Seems like MS actually didn't lie this time (so far) about bringing more content to us PC gamers.

Well I guess I'm going to be buying it digitally. I'd love to have it on both.

edit: After reading some other articles, they imply that "participating retailers" will offer this deal as well. I hope Amazon/Best Buy will be one!

Thoraxes

Well I guess I'm going to be buying it digitally. I'd love to have it on both.

"Participating retailers" indicates to me that it'll be a code e-mailed to you after you purchase a product or your order is shipped.

Digital will work too though, if that's how you like to purchase games.

I'll be buying an XBO physical copy and redeeming my Win10 copy hopefully.

Edit: Aw shit, just read the MS article that clarifies the wording whereas the post on Remedy's site doesn't. PC only it is... I guess?

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!

PhaZZe

Banned
people should look recommended specs for quantum break, and then think if you are really selling a xbox one

IM In for PC version

Awesome news! Glad they're realizing being on PC as well won't make a difference for the majority of Xbox owners, it'll only help the games sell even more.

Vanmunt

Banned
Nothing against the XBOX1 but I skipped it this time around for a gaming PC, so I am really happy at this news.

knitoe

Damn it, now, I have to cancel all my Amazon X1 pre-orders. I'll take the better performance over saving $12 each.

Cool, now next time I upgrade from my Mac I'll likely go PC to play some of the exclusives I miss out on.

Great move from MS, I never felt we need all these consoles doing the same things, each platform needs to bring something new to the table. This PC route MS seems to be taking Xbox is cool, maybe the next Surface will be a gaming PC

Top Bottom