• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to Steam and Retail on 9/14

jbug617

Banned
http://news.xbox.com/2016/08/10/special-edition-quantum-break-hitting-retail-and-steam-september-14/
Microsoft Studios and Remedy Entertainment are happy to announce that they are bringing their hit action game Quantum Break to even more Windows PC gamers on September 14 with the retail release of Quantum Break: Timeless Collector’s Edition and the digital release of Quantum Break for Steam.

Currently available for purchase in the Windows Store and Xbox Store, Quantum Break will be made available to more gamers across a number of operating systems when it hits Steam next month. This digital download will include all of the latest updates, a list of which can be found on the game’s official site. Starting today, both the Quantum Break: Timeless Collector’s Edition and Windows Store version are available for $39.99. This is the perfect time to grab a digital copy of Quantum Break for PC.

For those Quantum fans that want something to hold close as time unravels around them, we’re excited to unveil a special edition of the game coming to retail channels thanks to a partnership with our friends at Nordic Games. This showcase-worthy collection will be released as the Quantum Break: Timeless Collector’s Edition and will retail for EUR/USD 39.99. As with the Steam version of the game, this will include all of the latest updates to ensure you get the ideal Quantum Break experience right out of the box.

“After having worked with Remedy on the PC version of Alan Wake in 2012, and with Microsoft Studios on Ori and The Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (2016), and State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition (2016), we are proud to announce a new triangle-collaboration with two of our trusted partners”, said Reinhard Pollice, Business and Product Development Director for Nordic Games. “Apart from being a new IP (which is always a brave step), Quantum Break turned out to be a sophisticated, visually stunning shooter with a top-notch cast of actors.”

The retail version of the Quantum Break: Timeless Collector’s Edition will cost EUR/USD 39.99 and includes:

Premium packaging
5 Game Discs (one-time Steam key redemption required)
Making of Blu-Ray
Making of Book
1 Soundtrack CD (Audio-CD)
2 Posters
Quickstart Guide

Whether you missed out on Quantum Break when it came out for Xbox One and Windows 10 earlier this year or love the game so much that you want some sweet collectibles to show off your fandom, there will be something for everyone on September 14, 2016.

Theorry

Microsoft Studios and Remedy Entertainment are happy to announce that they are bringing their hit action game Quantum Break to even more Windows PC gamers on September 14 with the retail release of Quantum Break: Timeless Collector’s Edition and the digital release of Quantum Break for Steam.

Currently available for purchase in the Windows Store and Xbox Store, Quantum Break will be made available to more gamers across a number of operating systems when it hits Steam next month. This digital download will include all of the latest updates, a list of which can be found on the game’s official site. Starting today, both the Quantum Break: Timeless Collector’s Edition and Windows Store version are available for $39.99. This is the perfect time to grab a digital copy of Quantum Break for PC.

For those Quantum fans that want something to hold close as time unravels around them, we’re excited to unveil a special edition of the game coming to retail channels thanks to a partnership with our friends at Nordic Games. This showcase-worthy collection will be released as the Quantum Break: Timeless Collector’s Edition and will retail for EUR/USD 39.99. As with the Steam version of the game, this will include all of the latest updates to ensure you get the ideal Quantum Break experience right out of the box.

“After having worked with Remedy on the PC version of Alan Wake in 2012, and with Microsoft Studios on Ori and The Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (2016), and State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition (2016), we are proud to announce a new triangle-collaboration with two of our trusted partners”, said Reinhard Pollice, Business and Product Development Director for Nordic Games. “Apart from being a new IP (which is always a brave step), Quantum Break turned out to be a sophisticated, visually stunning shooter with a top-notch cast of actors.”

The retail version of the Quantum Break: Timeless Collector’s Edition will cost EUR/USD 39.99 and includes:

Premium packaging
5 Game Discs (one-time Steam key redemption required)
Making of Blu-Ray
Making of Book
1 Soundtrack CD (Audio-CD)
2 Posters
Quickstart Guide

Whether you missed out on Quantum Break when it came out for Xbox One and Windows 10 earlier this year or love the game so much that you want some sweet collectibles to show off your fandom, there will be something for everyone on September 14, 2016.

Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2016/08/10/spe...l-and-steam-september-14/#asbphdoHjx4i1Oto.99

http://news.xbox.com/2016/08/10/special-edition-quantum-break-hitting-retail-and-steam-september-14/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wise decision. Hope this is just the beginning.

CHC

WE DID IT

Seriously though, this is such good news. It's actually a really good game, and Steam will almost certainly provide a nice shot in the arm for the sales figures.

Genio88

Boom, guess this is happening cause Remedy is involved too, don't see Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3 or other Microsoft first party exclusives release on Steam after a few months

CHC

Boom, guess this is happening cause Remedy is involved too, don't see Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3 or other Microsoft first party exclusives release on Steam after a few months

Maybe, maybe not. At the end of the day they want to sell games, and the Windows 10 store is clearly not panning out to that end.

patapuf

Yeah, i'd imagine the same stuff that was hitting PC before MS's initiative with the windows 10 store will eventually hit steam, but Halo and co. won't.

Xav

Good.

Stop sending shit to die on Xbox One and Windows Store. Embrace all your options Microsoft.

I can see all non MS studio published games going to Steam after their W10 release.

Pretty great news for all concerned. Its a great game hope you Steam folk enjoy it :)

Eolz

Really nice.
Will definitely get the retail version, only expected steam, but that edition has some cool bonuses for a good price.

wrowa

Maybe, maybe not. At the end of the day they want to sell games, and the Windows 10 store is clearly not panning out to that end.

I'm not sure if they want to sell games as much as they want to push the Windows 10 store, at least looking at it from a global Microsoft point of view.

Which is why I expect that new games will remain at least timed-exclusive before they might or might not get a Steam release later down the road.

ekgrey

Well, I suppose I got the UWP version for cheap. Here's hoping performance is improved. I will definitely buy it again if it is. Somehow it runs substantially worse on my new PC (i5-6600K, GTX 1070, 16GB DDR4) than it ran on my old one (i5-4670K, GTX 970, 16GB DDR3.) Truly baffling.

jbug617

Banned
CpgdYJcUsAgoSLQ.jpg

It probably bombed big time on Win 10 store. Or this is something Remedy demanded when signing the contract. Anyway, day 1 for me.

Zojirushi

Wonder if this'll be a half step to prevent all the games from comepletely bombing until they get their shit in order with the W10 store.

Top Bottom