• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to Steam and Retail on 9/14

I eager to see how fast it becomes cheaper than on the Windows Store. Step up your prices MS.
I would have bought that edition on the X1 at launch.

Well, this certainly makes me think some other titles are headed to Steam (2nd party types).

I look forward to picking this up during a sale at some point. Exciting to see it come to Steam, and I'm a fan or Remedy, but it frankly looked and sounded rather boring compared to something like Alan Wake.

That's unexpected to say the least. Will double dip when on sale. Should we expect all "2nd" party games to follow or is it just one off thing I wonder.

I think it will depend on how Live integration would work with non UWP/Windows 10 versions of games for things with multiplayer like Scalebound/Crackdown. For something like Quantum, which isn't even a crossbuy title, it makes sense to go to Steam; wouldn't be surprised if ReCore followed suit.

vg260

People thinking Forza, Gears etc coming to Steam now to. lol.
First party is gonna stay on W10 for sure
3rd party with owned IP. W10 first and then Steam
3rd party. Steam and W10 right away

Atleast thats what i think,

Dead Rising 4 is has a staggered Steam release, but yeah I don't see wholly MS-owned titles on Steam.

MrFortyFive

Fantastic. I was ready to wait a year or two until it hit some super low price on the Windows store, but I'll happily pay more to have it on Steam. Is the performance still lacking even on high end systems? Can I get 60FPS at 1080p with good settings (i7 3770 + 1070)?

jonno394

People thinking Forza, Gears etc coming to Steam now to. lol.
First party is gonna stay on W10 for sure
3rd party with owned IP. W10 first and then Steam
3rd party. Steam and W10 right away

Atleast thats what i think,

I don't see why they (being gears and forza) couldn't appear a year or 2 after w10 store exclusivity. Makes no sense that they're missing out on potentially tens of thousands because they want to push their store front only.

I want Gears of War ultimate but I'm unwilling to buy from their store :/

Game is incredibly good lookin (at least on X1)

I'm hoping to be able to run it decently :/

Still looks good even @ native 1080
quantumbreak07.08.201yjo4q.png
quantumbreak02.08.201prog9.png

J@hranimo

Banned
Yesssss!

This is such great news. Been wanting to try this game but Win 10 for games has been turning me off from it. It'll be a nice happy early birthday to me :D

Admodieus

Any idea how many copies this game sold?

Wonder if any of the Play Anywhere games will release on Steam eventually - you just won't get the Play Anywhere benefit from it.

Trago

Well, Phil Spencer did say that they'd bring more of their games to Steam.

Very happy about this. Hopefully more games will follow.

KageMaru

Awesome news! Even though I got the W10 version for free, I'm still disappointed to how it runs on PC. Hopefully this version turns out better. One of the best action games I've played this year.

Yes, release the 3rd party exclusives on Steam. Even after some time. Gimme Scalebound.

Then the 1st party too. I don´t care how long it takes.

Die, W10 store, DIIIEEEE.

Any idea how many copies this game sold?

Wonder if any of the Play Anywhere games will release on Steam eventually - you just won't get the Play Anywhere benefit from it.

It sold close to around 500,000 copies, not bad for a new IP but this could've been a lot better.

a58afa8f71aa3373053beeae8dd49699.png

dr_rus

I think it will depend on how Live integration would work with non UWP/Windows 10 versions of games for things with multiplayer like Scalebound/Crackdown. For something like Quantum, which isn't even a crossbuy title, it makes sense to go to Steam; wouldn't be surprised if ReCore followed suit.

While this is a valid point - how sure are we that you can't use Live intergation outside of WinStore/UWP framework? Such limitation would make no sense.

It's also possible that they will sell the UWP version in Steam which would be kind of what Ubisoft is doing with their Steam/Uplay integration. In this case Live integration is not a concern, but I won't be able to double dip as I already have the game in WinStore.

RoKKeR

Nice, and potentially a good sign going forward? Let's hope, it would be in both MS's and the consumer's best interests.

Wow, what a nice surprise. Hopefully this release comes with a substantial performance patch. That would explain why it's been over two months since they last patched the game.

Theorry

I don't see why they (being gears and forza) couldn't appear a year or 2 after w10 store exclusivity. Makes no sense that they're missing out on potentially tens of thousands because they want to push their store front only.

You can say the same for Origin. But people know now. If i want to play Battlefield i gotta use Origin. Originwasnt in a best state also. But improved. As the W10 store will also. I think its good that there are more stores. Not a fan of put everything on Steam.mentality.

Great game, definitely worth picking up! Curious about that making of feature.

Two things worth pointing out going into the game, though:

- Resist the temptation to play it like a cover shooter.
- You'll likely need to park the settings at Medium/High to get good performance, but it still looks fantastic.

LewieP

Very pleased if other MS published titles made by third party studios follow suit. Especially Scalebound. Kind of strange that there's still no word on Sunset Overdrive getting any kind of PC release.

As others have said, I doub this will happen wi Halo/Gears/Forza, but you never know.

Just because MS own the IP doesn't mean there wasn't a deal originally agreed to let Remedy do this. I assume Remedy are self publishing on Steam, but it would be interesting if not.

MS still never released any UWP game sales figures, right?

I gather that one of the few positives with the Windows App Store is that they are pretty lenient with refunds. I wonder how they would respond to anyone requesting a refund because they never thought it would be on Steam, and want to buy it there now instead.

Mifec

Very pleased if other MS published titles made by third party studios follow suit. Especially Scalebound. Kind of strange that there's still no word on Sunset Overdrive getting any kind of PC release.

Well Enter The Dragon Puch is adamant it's coming, so we'll see what happens with that.

Fractal

Banned
This has me wondering if I should wait on getting Forza Horizon 3 now. I would much rather a win32 version vs UWP.
If you're in a rush to play it, I wouldn't. While there is a possibility of it showing up on Steam somewhere down the line, it's not happening anytime soon. As far as first-party titles like Forza, Halo or Gears are concerned, doubtful MS will easily give up on their W10 store and UWP idea.

jonno394

You can say the same for Origin. But people know now. If i want to play Battlefield i gotta use Origin. Originwasnt in a best state also. But improved. As the W10 store will also. I think its good that there are more stores. Not a fan of put everything on Steam.mentality.

If Microsoft made a lot of their titles available at physical retail like ea did, then the situation would be comparable

Top Bottom