• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to Steam and Retail on 9/14

Zia

It's MS IP.

I understand that, but I'm wondering if this is something Remedy pushed for, as they seem to understand the community a lot better than Microsoft.

I guess we'll see when or if stuff such as Killer Instinct and Forza shows up on Steam.

Do not expect Gears, Halo, and Forza to appear on Steam. MS needs to keep some incentive to use the Win10 store. I would be in shock if they threw the towel.

T.O.P

Banned
CpgdYJcUsAgoSLQ.jpg

Yup, D1 hard

Love these phisycal ed. for PC games :)

This is excellent! Hopefully this means that other Windows 10 Store games will come to Steam!

I wonder why they made this move, perhaps they're interested on seeing how their games sell on their store in comparison to their sales on Steam?

h0tp0ck3t

glad this is happening. I thought it was a great game, good enough for me to power through the stupid memory leak problems I had and was never able to fix but that's probably something on my end

Polk

It probably bombed big time on Win 10 store. Or this is something Remedy demanded when signing the contract. Anyway, day 1 for me.
I would imagine they don't have way to bind retail disc to your Microsoft Account. Using Steam solves that problem.

ducksauce

Glad I waited.

Fingers crossed Forza Horizon 3 ends up on Steam at some point. Maybe wishful thinking though since Turn 10 is a Microsoft studio.

Jawmuncher

I understand that, but I'm wondering if this is something Remedy pushed for, as they seem to understand the community a lot better than Microsoft.

I guess we'll see when or if stuff such as Killer Instinct and Forza shows up on Steam.

It has to be a Rememdy push due to them not being first party devs. As you said unless we see KI, Forza, and others hit steam. That'll pretty much confirm it.

Theorry

People thinking Forza, Gears etc coming to Steam now to. lol.
First party is gonna stay on W10 for sure
3rd party with owned IP. W10 first and then Steam
3rd party. Steam and W10 right away

Atleast thats what i think,

This is excellent! Hopefully this means that other Windows 10 Store games will come to Steam!

I wonder why they made this move, perhaps they're interested on seeing how their games sell on their store in comparison to their sales on Steam?

Its sales are probably so low now that there is no advantage to try to keep leveraging it for windows store adoptions.

yuraya

They should have done this from the get go. Alan Wake has over 1.6 million owners on Steam. MS only hurt the sales of the game with their arrogance.

People thinking Forza, Gears etc coming to Steam now to. lol.
First party is gonna stay on W10 for sure
3rd party with owned IP. W10 first and then Steam
3rd party. Steam and W10 right away

Atleast thats what i think,

Xbox play anywhere games will stay UWP. I'm ok with it as long as they perform as well as apex. Plus the whole xbox/pc crossplay is pretty awesome and will give a much larger playerbase for FH3 MP, Gears Co-op/Horde etc.

Bl@de

Nice. Quantum Break finally for PC

EDIT: The real joke is -> The proper version will be 30€ less :D Yes Quantum Break costs 69,99€ on the W10 Store It actually is 39€ now. I take it back.

Wow, I didn't expect that at all. Sales must've been beyond terrible on Win10 store.

Well it's not like a game like this without MP or DLC has legs. Sales probably just came to a halt (on both XB1 and Win 10), so this is the next push for more sales. It'll probably sell a ton in Steam sales down the road much like Alan Wake. Hopefully the Steam version has a performance patch before release.

I just realized that Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 and Dead Rising Triple Pack launch exactly one day before this comes out.

RIP My Wallet

Zojirushi

Also yeah, time for some people to actually dig into those files and find out what the hell went wrong with this port (unless that already happened).

Trojan

Awesome news. I don't even have strong feelings about this game, but I'm just happy about the philosophical decision for MS to cave and release on another platform. The Windows Store combined with UWP is not a good representation of PC gaming. This went from a "know I'll never purchase" to a "potential steam sale purchase" at least.

dr_rus

That's unexpected to say the least. Will double dip when on sale. Should we expect all "2nd" party games to follow or is it just one off thing I wonder.

abracadaver

Day 1 for me to support more games coming to steam.

I hope it uses steamworks features like achievements and cloud saving etc. instead of launching the Win10 app

Top Bottom