• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Episode Pack(Live Action Show), 75GB download on Xbox One

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
how long will this take me

5197129119.png

BraXzy

For those of us who bought the game on XB1 store, when will we be getting our PC codes?

I wanna pre-load all this stuff :3

styl3s

Thank god i switched to CC business.

I feel bad for people still stuck on ridiculous bandwidth caps that should not exist in 2016 let alone a decade ago. How big is the game minus this? Even if it's 20-25gb that's almost 100GB For 1 single game.

Wow. No harddrive size is big enough for this gen.
As far as i know there is no limit to the size of externals is there? I'll have to upgrade because i don't have 100+ GB left on this TB drive.

For those of us who bought the game on XB1 store, when will we be getting our PC codes?

I wanna pre-load all this stuff :3
"Within the first week" is what the terms said. So we'll probably have to play the Xbone version first while waiting for the codes to come in :(

cakely

Well if you're bandwidth sensitive you don't have to download it all. If you aren't, then it really isn't brutal unless you're hard up for HDD space, and digital people likely have externals HDDs. There is nothing "brutal" about the ability to preload the video content. That option is clearly proconsumer.

Digital download, plus episode pack is 120GB. That's a really large amount of data. Someone may correct me, but is there another single game with that large of a download? I can't think of one.

And Quantum break isn't an MMO, or sandbox game, it's a eight-and-half hour, single-player experience.

"Brutal" is hyperbole, of course. But that's a big download.

Bgamer90

Banned
So, if you're going digital, it's a 120GB download for an eight-and-a-half hour game. That's brutal.

So, what's happening here? Is Microsoft saving some money by not putting a second blu-ray with the movies on it in the box?

As I said in a previous post, there's something up with the way the Xbox One treats two installed discs for the same title. This was hinted at a few months before MCC released.

I'm not sure if this got straightened out in a recent Xbox update but either way, the plan for this game was set before the issue was straightened out (if it ever will be).

cakely

As I said in a previous post, there's something up with the way the Xbox One treats two installed discs for the same title. This was hinted at a few months before MCC released.

I'm not sure if this got straightened in the recent Xbox dashboard revamp but either way, the plan for this game was set before the issue was straightened out.

That's an interesting theory, and it would explain why MCC didn't ship with a second disc. I wonder if this is some sort of holdover from the pre-180 Xbox One design?

Digital download, plus episode pack is 120GB. That's a really large amount of data. Someone may correct me, but is there another single game with that large of a download? I can't think of one.

And Quantum break isn't an MMO, or sandbox game, it's a eight-and-half hour, single-player experience.

"Brutal" is hyperbole, of course. But that's a big download.

Well the idea definitely comes from pre-180 design, but it's a cool risk to see live-action videos tailor made to your own choices.

Is the pack just a bunch of scenes that the game chooses depending on your actions?

Anyway, holy shit! The game plus the patch plus that monstrosity has gotta be over 100 GB right?

RIP 500 GB HDD only users.

cakely

How do you know it's eight and a half hours?

I've heard different time estimates from others who have played the game through, but I'm using the estimate from this post earlier in the thread:

Not starting a new thread for this but someone on a french forum seems to have leaked play times.

According to him, including the live action in every playthrough :

-His first play through took him 8h15 while exploring and searching for a maximum of objects (i don't know what he refers to)
-His second playthrough took him : 6h45-7h while making different choices. He spent a bit of time looking for other objects.
-Third playthrough : he rushed and it took him 6h. He made the choices so he'd have the storyline he liked the most.

Also according to him, QB is a game you have to play 2-3 times to be able to see everything. More is useless, but once is stupid. (his words)

Source : He deleted his post but it was quoted in the thread.

Zedox

Not sure if going to download or stream, but I'm getting a hard drive today. Held out long enough.

I got an external 4TB harddrive before the release of Xbox One just because I decided that at 50GB per game would yield me around 80 games (rounding off everything) for a generation (5-6 years). Best decision I have made. I'm still not at 50% (and I did download all the GWG) because of my buying habits. I've been digital the whole time. No regrets.

Just get 4TB/5TB and just don't worry about it for a while. And when that fills up, buy another (since there are 3 USB slots). Really good investment.

Ombala

Not starting a new thread for this but someone on a french forum seems to have leaked play times.

-His first play through took him 8h15 while exploring and searching for a maximum of objects (i don't know what he refers to)
-His second playthrough took him : 6h45-7h while making different choices. He spent a bit of time looking for other objects.
-Third playthrough : he rushed and it took him 6h. He made the choices so he'd have the storyline he liked the most.

Also according to him, QB is a game you have to play 2-3 times to be able to see everything. More is useless, but once is stupid. (his words)

Wait was that including the live action scenes?
This sounds like a short game

Zedox

Hmm...I may download these just because I want to find the easter eggs in them. If the game has easter eggs, I'm sure the show will as well. :)

how long will this take me

5197129119.png

Legit question? I have a similar speed but a little slower than you and I get roughly 30~Gb per day if I leave a download running without much interruption. So at a guess I'd say two and a half days for the fmv's and four days for the whole 120gb package if you get the game digitally. This is 24/7 round the clock downloads on my PC on ethernet though and I have no idea how the Xbox performs in standby and downloading. It should be around that ball park though or a bit less since you've got the slight edge over my speeds.

etta

my hard graphic balls

Didn't we have that person on GAF who played it and said the first act alone was 2h15m, and it was the shortest act out of the 5?

Damn those Data Caps. I dont have a data cap now, I just switched providers. But 3 months ago, 75GB would have been half my data cap for a month.

Hey, I live in the US and Broadband prices and packages suck.

Somnia

Didn't we have that person on GAF who played it and said the first act alone was 2h15m, and it was the shortest act out of the 5?

I'm pretty sure I remember this also, I know some people posted in the DF thread that the game has a lot to it, whatever that means exactly.

I need to re-play Alan Wake with all this Remedy discussion...

ethomaz

Banned

So about 6 hours of gameplay without rush.

foxbeldin

I don't know?
I'm just curious like everyone, the guy on the french forum could be pulling the numbers out of his ass afaik. I feel it's like every big games in story driven genre, where days before it comes out you start hearing playtimes going from 5 hours to 14..

Someone else here heard "about 2 hours per act".

Top Bottom