• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay (Gamescom 2015)

It's probably for the best that the main character doesn't look like a hybrid of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Phil Spencer anymore. Having said that, the original actor must be pissed that all the work he put in was for absolutely nothing.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It's probably for the best that the main character doesn't look like a hybrid of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Phil Spencer anymore. Having said that, the original actor must be pissed that all the work he put in was for absolutely nothing.
Wait is it confirmed that that guy is now gone? I thought we were getting multiple characters and this was one of them.

well, I miss Phil Spencer looks. Dude is handsome so i thought it looked good in game.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Up to that point it looked like you'd be ridiculously overpowered.

That was my worry, so they introduce guys who also use time? I wonder if the time manipulation has a stamina meter for a lack of a better word. You can't just use it all the time I hope.

I really did not like Remedy's last game (the flashlight ghost hunter game), so I hope this one is better.

Damn, all of the time effects, both combat-related and not, look so great. Combat is looking more exciting now too, but let's see how balanced it will turn out to be.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Scalebound, Crackdown and this....MS...you are about to make me get an XBO...

I wasnt really interested in QB until I saw this.

Owensboro

First, immediate reaction:

1. Aw hell, another 3rd person shooter?
2. I hope everyone likes bullet time.
3. Yep, more shooting, more cover, except now enemies teleport.
4. You know what, this is very pretty looking, and looks fun to play.
(after combat)
5. Okay...yeah...OKAY. Silly time travel plot? Character talking to himself all the time? This is definitely a Remedy game. Can't wait to try it.

Remedy, I love you, but honestly, while the game does have some really nice special effects, it simply looks boring. Maybe time will make me change my mind.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Think there are 3 playable characters: the good guy, the bad guy and a third one ( thought is was a woman but im not sure).
Yea I was about to say.

I just assumed he was replaced by a bigger name actor, but if there are multiple protagonists then that's cool.
I think Microsoft would be pissed if they through out all that work.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Game looks better every time I see it. Looking forward to this :)

If he weren't white, gamers would have trouble relating to him.

Play GTA V and notice how much more you can relate to Michael and Trevor over Franklin.
Nah. I'm white and I related much more to Franklin than Trevor or Michael -- he seemed like a normal person (relatively speaking) trying to make it in the world whereas Mike and Trevor were nasty, dysfunctional career criminals.
I don't think blanket statements are a good thing.

nynt9

Looks very visually appealing, with a cool concept and story, but seems like the gameplay will be a bit dull. So basically similar to Alan Wake. Hopefully there are more time powers they haven't shown us yet.

The fast time thing is technically impressive, but it would be more impressive if it had interactive gameplay. Hopefully we'll get some full blown time manipulation craziness combat later into the story.

I guess this explains why it took so long to come out. They basically scrapped everything and restarted. New actors to do motion capture for and new cast for the show portion.

I'm in there like swimwear on day 1.

Raide

Really love the mix of random things and powers kicking off. Still need to see a tutorial that shows me how that all damn works. :D

Apathy

Up to that point it looked like you'd be ridiculously overpowered.

It may be for the demo, cause I remember the last one that they said you couldn't just keep using your powers, that they needed to recharge. I agree with you, it did look like you're just way too overpowered

I just assumed he was replaced by a bigger name actor, but if there are multiple protagonists then that's cool.

They replaced him.

The actor on stage was directly mentioned to play Jack Joyce, which is the lead characters name and the same person from the previous demos.

Dabanton

still think the tv show was a bad idea, looks like something from the syfy channel but the game looks cool

It looks like Fringe x Numbers which are pretty good shows. And they also have some damm good actors onboard as well.

They replaced him.

The actor on stage was directly mentioned to play Jack Joyce, which is the lead characters name and the same person from the previous demos.

Damm that would have been a lot of work down the swanny. Considering they had filmed some of the TV stuff. So a complete rewrite of the game story?

Will we still have that lady who was in the first clip in the time explosion I wonder?

kevin1025

Banned
April is the perfect time for the game. I'm super happy that Remedy is making this a TV show as well packaged in, it's what their whole style has been building towards.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
This looked insane. The particle effects blew me away.

Weird that they changed the main character's face completely but it makes sense if he's going to be in the live action stuff.

Atone13

Wow, that looked pretty good to me. The last time I remember seeing video of this game was a demo on a bridge, maybe last year if I'm remembering right. It looked interesting then but nothing that stuck with me. I enjoyed this this display much more, that combat/time element looks much more fun than I remember it from before. I'm intrigued.

Naminator

Banned

Is it confirmed that they are replacing the old character?

Since this is a a game about time travel, couldn't it be some alternate universe thing going on here?

If he weren't white, gamers would have trouble relating to him.

Play GTA V and notice how much more you can relate to Michael and Trevor over Franklin.

Idk I'm a white male and I prefer playing as Franklin to me he is the more like able believable character. Michael is a whiny bitch and Trevor is crazy. I have a real life friend that turns his lights off with a .40 round all the time and is completely insane and he's a walk in the park compared to Trevor.

This looked insane. The particle effects blew me away.

Weird that they changed the main character's face completely but it makes sense if he's going to be in the live action stuff.

I wonder how much has changed on the live action stuff.

Originally it was supposed to follow Monarch and their internal affairs while the game would focus on Joyce and his battle against them.

So I wonder if they actual went and reshot everything.

Is it confirmed that they are replacing the old character?

Since this is a a game about time travel, couldn't it be some alternate universe thing going on here?

Actor on stage was directly named as the person playing Jack Joyce, so unless they have multiple versions of the same main character, they are changing the lead.

GavinUK86

gxOYS8x.jpg

nynt9

hahahahaha that's so accurate, I was trying to put my finger on it but you nailed it.

Top Bottom