• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Race Your PC Thread2 of Voiding Warranties

scogoth

With the ITX boards that are out, that would be quite unfair.

I'm actually leaning towards not having as many categories in general. I think splitting multi and single GPU ladders is good, and then there will be one for Heaven, one for 3DMark. Other than that, it is just too much of a PITA to manage and update.

I would even say just Heaven and 3D Mark.

M3z_

9fqNPHk.png

Here are the numbers I got last week on 12.11 drivers

13.2 can't hold the same clocks on my cards right now.

scogoth

Whew I was going crazy because my GTX680s aren't anywhere near that on 3DMark13 but the scores are universally lower compared to 3DMark11

M3z_

What was the graphics score on your 680's? Right now my CPU holds back my overall P score compared to rig's with 3930k or 3960x processors. I saw someone in here posted their SLI 680 lightnings and the graphics score was over 22k which doesn't surprise me I had a 680 lightning that went to 1350 on the core on air before I switched over to two 7970's for the VRAM and memory bandwidth when I bought my 2560x1440 monitor. Also my mpower mobo leaves little room between my two cards so I can't get the best overclock out of my cards in crossfire because my top cards hits the 80 degree mark in 3dmark really fast, haven't been able to turn the voltage all the way up.

scogoth

What was the graphics score on your 680's? Right now my CPU holds back my overall P score compared to rig's with 3930k or 3960x processors. I saw someone in here posted their SLI 680 lightnings and the graphics score was over 22k which doesn't surprise me I had a 680 lightning that went to 1350 on the core on air before I switched over to two 7970's for the VRAM and memory bandwidth when I bought my 2560x1440 monitor. Also my mpower mobo leaves little room between my two cards so I can't get the best overclock out of my cards in crossfire because my top cards hits the 80 degree mark in 3dmark really fast, haven't been able to turn the voltage all the way up.

I can't get 3dmark11 to complete on windows 8. It always crashes when trying to upload results.

Layd Dly

My HTPC SteamBox, will need to install 3DMark11 on my Gaming Rig tonight to test it.

P7028 - MSI Twin FrozrIII HD7950 - 1100/1430/stock - C2Q Q6600 @ 3.0GHz - 8gb DDR2 @ 800MHz - Gigabyte EP45-UD3P - Layd Dly- Thermaltake Big Typhoon Lapped (Air) - Link

scogoth

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn Ivy Bridge. Where have you been all my life. 1.36V, 49x, 75C avg and 80C max. I may be able to get 5GHz out of this without delidding.

scogoth

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn Ivy Bridge. Where have you been all my life. 1.36V, 49x, 75C avg and 80C max. I may be able to get 5GHz out of this without delidding.

Well turns out the CPU is stable at 4.9GHz but the IMC is not. So what can you do with IB to make the IMC stable?

Anton668

so Heaven 4.0 is out and...

default settings on both
iEtdd31iorNSW.jpg
iGH8X8yRbj9Vo.jpg

things are definitely more... shiny.

no idea where the 8FPS hit came from

jamsy

Maxed everything out in Heaven 4.0 and got a score of 528 on my laptop.

Can definitely see a huge difference between mobile GPUs and desktop ones.

ACH1LL3US

I'm having some possible issues, I have a 980x i7 @ 4.5 ghz , 12gb 1600 MHz and a stock gtx 680 and scored a P9500 in3dmark11 , doesn't this seem really low score ???

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sorry to be a total noob, but do you mean overclock the gpu ram or system ram?

So your saying I should be getting around 2-3000 more?
Heavily guesstimating, but you are losing at least 20% in GPU performance by not overclocking (Core and Mem), a tiny bit in system RAM overclocking.

ACH1LL3US

Heavily guesstimating, but you are losing at least 20% in GPU performance by not overclocking (Core and Mem), a tiny bit in system RAM overclocking.

Well without overclock ing the 680, does that score look about right to you with what I have?

Bleeether

8 hours of Fire Strike stable
3 Hours of Heaven stable
90min of furmark stable

2 hours of BF3, crash.....

yeah, i dont think benchmarks are completely accurate in predicting stability in a game. I achieved stability in haven/furmark, and it would crash on far cry 3. After some tweeking i stabilized it though.

On another note, is it safe to run furmark for 90 minutes? I've read that the power draw on that program is very unrealistic, and hilbert hagedoorn says on guru3d that it can even be "malicious" on a gpu. o_O

scogoth

yeah, i dont think benchmarks are completely accurate in predicting stability in a game. I achieved stability in haven/furmark, and my game crashed would crash in Far cry 3. After some tweeking i stabilized it.

On another note, is it safe to run furmark for 90 minutes? I've read that the power draw on that program is very unrealistic, and hilbert hagedoorn says on guru3d that it can even be "malicious" on a gpu. o_O

Yes but I have 1000W PSU pumping power into water cooled GPUs. Load temperature is 40C, I'm not worried.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
P7797 - HD7950 - 1000/1400/stock - 3570K @ 4.4GHz - RAM @ 1600MHz - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Squiddybiscuit - Air cooling - link

It was apparently unable to verify my AMD Catalyst tesselation setting, so I dunno how accurate it was.
Seems p. low though.

Are we going to have a new thread using Unigine Heaven 4.0? Or at least the newest version of 3D Mark, even if the free version is totally gimped? I'm happy to post here if not.

scogoth

mkenyon decided there would be but we dont have anything yet so go ahead and post here. If a new thread gets made I'll grab your results for you and make sure it gets into the new ladder.

So should I be using Heaven 4.0 or the latest 3D Mark?

Gonna bench my iMac and HTPC too, but I expect nothing short of a trainwreck with those two :D

Top Bottom