• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Not his biggest fan, but LevelCap has a video covering what is fixed in the new patch, which is supposed to launch within 1-2 weeks.

Big one: "Pawn rotation latency" bug is being fixed. This is the difference being player action vs server perception vs other players' perception and probably accounts for a lot of the cheap kills, especially when you're inexplicably killed when using the shield.

Also, from Ubi:

Great news! I've not been addicted to an online shooter like this in a long time and it's awesome to see that it's not left to die. Ubisoft has a great game with a lot of future potential here if they can keep the support up.

1449660094312.png

ok so here are some stats men were able to gather. 1,2 and 3 are levels of armor. damage reduction is almost non-excistant for less then 20 meters. I wonder why there's damage drop at all in a game like this but whatever Ubi... I mean look at this - AR does 3 shot kills no matter what armor one has if you shoot good enough. Well I guess its time to unlock operators without armor for it doesn't really matter.
Id consider operator ability more important than anything else. I have had instances where Rooks extra armor plating has let me soak up an extra shot which was the difference between me getting one kill and dying as opposed to getting two kills and living w/ next to no health left. So id say it matters, but it's not the most important factor when choosing an operator. You need to pick an OP that suits the skill of you as a player and whether it affects the team in positive way overall.

Id consider operator ability more important than anything else. I have had instances where Rooks extra armor plating has let me soak up an extra shot which was the difference between me getting one kill and dying as opposed to getting two kills and living w/ next to no health left. So id say it matters, but it's not the most important factor when choosing an operator. You need to pick an OP that suits the skill of you as a player and whether it affects the team in positive way overall.

to be fair I'd say that I come from Battlefield and ARMA origins. for me #1 this is main weapon. second come lethal grenades and armor. the last is gimmicks like operators' gadget.

kvk1

to be fair I'd say that I come from Battlefield and ARMA origins. for me #1 this is main weapon. second come lethal grenades and armor. the last is gimmicks like operators' gadget.

Do you follow the ARMA communities?

What is the general opinion of this game from those circles?

Do you follow the ARMA communities?

What is the general opinion of this game from those circles?

these are totally different beasts. it's like comparing civilization and warcraft 3. i mean they both are strategy games, but no more similarities here. the same with ARMA and anything else. R6 is build to the likes of CS players. I have some friends and I like destructible maps (like BF), but I doubt any real bohemia games fan would appriciate R6

kvk1

these are totally different beasts. it's like comparing civilization and warcraft 3. i mean they both are strategy games, but no more similarities here. the same with ARMA and anything else. R6 is build to the likes of CS players. I have some friends and I like destructible maps (like BF), but I doubt any real bohemia games fan would appriciate R6

Gotcha. Makes sense.

Jb

When you put electric traps as Bandit on a reinforced wall, does it only electrify the one panel closest to the trap or all the connected panels?

GravyButt

So with the seasons pass are the new operators automatically unlocked or do you still have to spend renown on them? I really dont want to buy it but I almost do just to support the actual game because I got it so cheap on the ps4.

I have many hundreds of hours on Arma 2 & 3 across vanilla and mods and I have to say I really enjoy this.

It is not comparable to Arma but it is a shooter with more strategy than the average.

I of course represent myself and not all Arma players.

Keasar

So far, really loving playing this game with friends, however, there are some things they could fix.

Have the developers said anything regarding the recoil in the game? In my opinion its honestly a bit....spray-e. I can hold down the trigger and let loose a hail of accurate bullets with a light machinegun as of now.

Also, some of the operators loose quickly any reason to be used, like Twitch who could technically scout and destroy electronics and IQ who could scout for electronics, when there is Thatcher who just lobs EMP grenades all around and instantly destroy any electronic that is relevant in a large radius instantly.

Klyka

Banned
So far, really loving playing this game with friends, however, there are some things they could fix.

Have the developers said anything regarding the recoil in the game? In my opinion its honestly a bit....spray-e. I can hold down the trigger and let loose a hail of accurate bullets with a light machinegun as of now.

Also, some of the operators loose quickly any reason to be used, like Twitch who could technically scout and destroy electronics and IQ who could scout for electronics, when there is Thatcher who just lobs EMP grenades all around and instantly destroy any electronic that is relevant in a large radius instantly.

Thatcher Needs to know where the electronics are though.

But yes, some are eclipsed.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I have many hundreds of hours on Arma 2 & 3 across vanilla and mods and I have to say I really enjoy this.

It is not comparable to Arma but it is a shooter with more strategy than the average.

I of course represent myself and not all Arma players.

Count me in as part of the Arma crowd who finds themselves really enjoying Siege. They have totally different aims, but our crew has been looking for something that concentrates on smaller teams/squad tactics that required thoughtful planning and proper execution, and Siege has just that. We tried Insurgency for a while, but the game struggled in some areas while it excelled in others. Siege seems to scratch the itch we've had for a while. It isn't a replacement, but another game to add to our selection based on how the mood strikes us.

I'm sure there will be some Arma die-hards who will find the pace of it still too quick for their tastes. But as someone who feels like games can rarely capture the feeling of Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon and Arma in their respective goals, Siege seems like the best result one can expect from a AAA studio in this day and age.

They really do need to tweak like half of the weapons in the game. Some of the light machine guns are accurate as hell while some of the rifles can't hit anything more than 10ft away. At the very least up the states of the recoil compensater since the suppressor seems to decrease recoil as much as the compensater does.

Keihart

Tatcher is countered by Jaeger, Twitch cand kill downed enemies and scout positions and IQ can detect operators that use electronics as well.

They overlap just as ash, sledge adn thermite, but have uniques advantages as well.

I would like that IQ could identify enemies from friendly electronics, but maybe that would be too much.

haveheart

Banned
Someone should make a list of operators, their special abilities and hard counters.

I couldn't do that though, I have no idea what I'm doing...

kvk1

Jager isn't really a direct counter to Thatcher. The latter can still disable devices from outside of a room and opposite sides of a wall.

If a see a wall is fortified from the outside I'll casually toss an EMP grenade towards it.

I've yet to not take down at least a Mute or Bandit device by doing this.

I've played the shit outta ARMA 2 & 3 and I love R6. ARMA is great(very great) for large scale, realistic warfare but sucks at close range fights. Hell, I bought a TrackIr specifically for ARMA I got so much into it. R6 is essentially the opposite of it. Small, cqb with amazing destructability and a quasi-focus on realism.

MAX PAYMENT

1449660094312.png

ok so here are some stats men were able to gather. 1,2 and 3 are levels of armor. damage reduction is almost non-excistant for less then 20 meters. I wonder why there's damage drop at all in a game like this but whatever Ubi... I mean look at this - AR does 3 shot kills no matter what armor one has if you shoot good enough. Well I guess its time to unlock operators without armor for it doesn't really matter.

Clearly it's more about speed vs loadout compensation.

Praying for a sequel and praying that the sequel has a map creator :) Seems like this is the sort of game that a modular-like map editor would work well with.

Is the point of Sledge to have unlimited breach or what is his role?

On-demand, instant, and fairly quiet breaching. It's not unlimited, though, but you can use it a LOT before your hammer "breaks".

Menthuss

Goddamn, almost managed to wipe the entire enemy team by myself because they dropped from the ceiling and didn't see me. Shredded 4 of them with my shotty by constantly dancing around a block in the room.

What do you do against shield guys? I have no clue...

If a shield guy has back up, run, renengage from a different direction, but that's really only if they have competent support. Some people think they'll be able to score quick easy kills behind their shield buddy, and those are the ones I usually kill first. If it's 1v1 you have a few options, grenades are the best, flash or frag and then kill, if no grenades, you gotta have good aim, for the exposed areas. Or you can bait them until they reload and charge for an easy knife kill. That last one is my favorite to do. Most of all, stay calm and aware of your surroundings.

Do we have a good way of teaming up with other GAF members on PC? I'm liking it but I'm growing tired of playing against an organized team when I'm stuck in a group who don't communicate, especially when I'm still trying to get a feel for the operators and learn the maps.

Valkrai

Do we have a good way of teaming up with other GAF members on PC? I'm liking it but I'm growing tired of playing against an organized team when I'm stuck in a group who don't communicate, especially when I'm still trying to get a feel for the operators and learn the maps.

What's your Uplay name? I'm on actively and I'm getting close to being done trying to play with randoms.

ViviOggi

How these people think it's a good idea to barricade themselves in the tiniest of objective rooms I do not know

Worst part is when a genius Castle locks me in with the entire team and I concede, not wanting to tear down his barricade... then once I hear the plonks I immediately regret my decision

Jarrod38

While playing Hostage mode last night killed the hostage by mistake because I downed a guy and he blended in with the hostage so I killed the enemy and the bullets went right through the hostage as well.

Valkrai

I don't understand why people in ranked aren't at all using mics. It's a fucking tactical shooter, help coordinate so we can win.

Keihart

Clearly it's more about speed vs loadout compensation.

Between movility 1 and 3 there is a world of difference.
I would love diferent multipliers by limb and armor on that limb tho...and doors!

Edit: I'm looking to replace my old "Playstation wireless stereo headset", are the A40's the best price/quality option? any recomendations? They look comfy and i've never used a mini amp, what is it for?

Directing players about where enemies are on camera and having them down them through the wall for the win is the most satisfying thing ever.

What's your Uplay name? I'm on actively and I'm getting close to being done trying to play with randoms.

Gein789, anyone else on PC go ahead and add me too if you're looking for extra players. Playing with randoms is getting harder and harder eh? I swear most of the games I'm in now the randoms start dropping out in the first round loss too.

Valkrai

Gein789, anyone else on PC go ahead and add me too if you're looking for extra players. Playing with randoms is getting harder and harder eh? I swear most of the games I'm in now the randoms start dropping out in the first round loss too.

A bit, nobody was talking. The only other guy that had a mic was talking to someone else in the background and got mad when we died because there were no callouts for enemies.

I'm tired of playing ranked with people who don't use their mics.

Considering getting the Season Pass just to support the team...want to see how well it's selling outside of the UK, though.

Glad that prominent Youtubers are giving it good word of mouth, though. LevelCap's latest video was basically "this game has issues but the gameplay is worth it" which was much better than his review.

Top Bottom