• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Spookie

Really?

You should check out the Dota community thread sometime. Or the subreddits.

Mistakes happen in Dota. Stomps happen in Dota. Teams end up being mismatched for whatever reason. People with thousands of hours in the game still end up making inexplicable beginner mistakes. These are complex competitive games, it happens.

Also, this is a recent release that hasn't even seen its first major patch yet. Everyone is still learning the game, from the maps, the operators, what to do, what not to do, etc.

Sorry, but you're just being illogically angry right now. A little perspective and understanding goes a long way.

Reddit is a cesspool regardless of where ever you go. Trying to find a postive reaction out of them is about as likely as finding a cure for cancer.
laugh.gif

Eh, Dota 2 is a 40 minute game where is isn't lost on the first team fight. This is, therefore I'm more likely to get frustrated if someone does something brain dead which leaves me looking at my work e-mails for three minutes. I should point out I'm totally fine with people finding their way. But when you're mouthbreathing in to a mic running head first in to a room you've just seen someone die in not a second ago, it makes me want to go play with bots.

Hipfiring in this game, outside of shotguns, is dogshit for the most part. I love it!

It really is, and it's glorious. I just checked my stats and I have more kills with the shotgun than anything else. If you can hold back and choose when to engage, the shotgun is so damn nasty. I love giving a breaching attacker a nice little pellet shower when they are least expecting it, or waiting after you spot your first attacker for the rest of the team to come in with him and no one checked all the corners, especially the corner you were waiting in to get 3 easy kills all from their flank, sooooo gooood.

Reddit is a cesspool regardless of where ever you go. Trying to find a postive reaction out of them is about as likely as finding a cure for cancer.
laugh.gif

Eh, Dota 2 is a 40 minute game where is isn't lost on the first team fight. This is, therefore I'm more likely to get frustrated if someone does something brain dead which leaves me looking at my work e-mails for three minutes. I should point out I'm totally fine with people finding their way. But when you're mouthbreathing in to a mic running head first in to a room you've just seen someone die in not a second ago, it makes me want to go play with bots.

I've been down 0-2 on matches and come back to win. A single person can win a game if you are patient and a bit lucky. If people want to charge in foolhardy, I let them, I then evaluate where they died from and choose my route of attack. Games are pretty quick too, so you're never really out/down for too long either. Play with some Gaf my friend, you'll find yourself having a better time. Most of the people I've played with from here have been pretty good. I don't mind mistakes happening as long as people learn from them. Gaf crews have been pretty good about that so far.

It really is, and it's glorious. I just checked my stats and I have more kills with the shotgun than anything else. If you can hold back and choose when to engage, the shotgun is so damn nasty. I love giving a breaching attacker a nice little pellet shower when they are least expecting it, or waiting after you spot your first attacker for the rest of the team to come in with him and no one checked all the corners, especially the corner you were waiting in to get 3 easy kills all from their flank, sooooo gooood.

I've been down 0-2 on matches and come back to win. A single person can win a game if you are patient and a bit lucky. If people want to charge in foolhardy, I let them, I then evaluate where they died from and choose my route of attack. Games are pretty quick too, so you're never really out/down for too long either. Play with some Gaf my friend, you'll find yourself having a better time. Most of the people I've played with from here have been pretty good. I don't mind mistakes happening as long as people learn from them. Gaf crews have been pretty good about that so far.

Play with Gaffers who communicate well, it helps sooooo effing much.
Played a ranked game started the game with a disadvantage with 4vs5.
After losing 1 or 2 rounds, the random 4th player in our team left. Leaving us 3v5. Won all Defending rounds, went to OT and won the defending round again.
At the start of the OT Match Point (ATK) Gaz got dropped really quick. leaving us 2v5. The most tense round ever. 1 guy thought it was gonna be a breeze, so he went outside like a jackass and got picked off. Great snipes by BondJr. Good call out with cams/drone by Gaz. G
fucking
G

I'm really glad I took a chance on this.
I've enjoyed it loads so far.

I got bored of COD years ago, got sick of Battlefield after the fiasco of BF4's launch.
Battlefront is ok but feels lightweight to me.

RSS just gets so many things right. The feel of the combat is spot on. The character classes are interesting and don't require you spending the rest of your life grinding to unlock the necessary stuff.
The destructability of the environment keeps you on your toes.
The positives far outweigh the negatives. I don't even really have anything negative to say about it, if I'm honest.

I hope the sales pick up. It deserves a decent fan base.

This games is sooooo good. But it would be even better if I had people to play with instead of the randoms.

Anyone wanna add me on ps4 none of my friends bought the game...

Psn tcbkilla420

I'll be on in about a hour and a half.

Mentok

Banned
Does anyone use Blitz regularly? If so, can you explain what the hell happened here? How did he not kill me?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtduzkf8RKM

I don't use shielders, but it looks like your shotty scared him off. The laugh after you saw his corpse was priceless!

tcbkilla, I'll add you when I'm on later. I'm stocking up on GAF PS4 players, this game is so much fun when people are talking.

EDIT:
aaaand someone just killed a hostage with a custer nade. I'm done with this game, my enjoyment is being destroyed by fucking idiots. Until this game has a consistent matchmaking system your change at a decent game is a dice roll.
cBj1LTf.png
Yeah man, that sucks and happens FAR too often, but remember the game is still so new. Give it time and let the community form. Hell, some don't realize that friendly fire is on.

I'm really glad I took a chance on this.
I've enjoyed it loads so far.

I got bored of COD years ago, got sick of Battlefield after the fiasco of BF4's launch.
Battlefront is ok but feels lightweight to me.

RSS just gets so many things right. The feel of the combat is spot on. The character classes are interesting and don't require you spending the rest of your life grinding to unlock the necessary stuff.
The destructability of the environment keeps you on your toes.
The positives far outweigh the negatives. I don't even really have anything negative to say about it, if I'm honest.

I hope the sales pick up. It deserves a decent fan base.

The only negatives so far are the glitches. This game needs a patch but everything else is fucking awesome. Feels like a modern Counterstrike for console players.

OT: Anyone remember CS:GO for Ps3? That was....ugh.

Klyka

Banned
You wouldn't cook hem in real life, they go off way too fast. That said, they are delayed in the game, but it's probably a balance thing.

I agree, I think they want grenades that will always give the player on the receiving end time to react. Cooked grenades always means there is no way to react to them.

This game must have gotten no stock at Best Buy or something in NC. Went to two different BB's to pick up two copies and found nothing. Bummer.

GravyButt

Hmmm lobbed a grenade into the defended room. Went from 5vs5 to 5vs2 but got no credit or the kills even though it showed it in the corner. That was disappointing:(

Also, can the attackers tell if the doors/windows are booby trapped by Kapkan? Ive yet to get anyone with my limited use of him, but I love the premise of it!

Hmmm lobbed a grenade into the defended room. Went from 5vs5 to 5vs2 but got no credit or the kills even though it showed it in the corner. That was disappointing:(

Also, can the attackers tell if the doors/windows are booby trapped by Kapkan? Ive yet to get anyone with my limited use of him, but I love the premise of it!

Yup, there's a huge red nail? that is on either side of the window/door

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
You are :D

And intense as in small or large? o_O

It's just a standard 90 FOV

It looks way too fisheye for my taste, but I'm a peasant. I don't play on more than 80, and only 65 in this game.

oo7

Still confused on the whole year of access with the Season Pass and what's actually included. No maps right?

4 maps being released over the next year for free right?

Still confused on the whole year of access with the Season Pass and what's actually included. No maps right?

4 maps being released over the next year for free right?

Season Pass=some weapon skins, permanent XP boost, some R6 bucks, more in-game challenges, and early access to Operators. No exclusive gameplay features/content or any of that BS.

Honestly, mostly bought this as a show of support, given the early sales outlook.

TheBear

Season Pass=some weapon skins, permanent XP boost, some R6 bucks, more in-game challenges, and early access to Operators. No exclusive gameplay features/content or any of that BS.

Honestly, mostly bought this as a show of support, given the early sales outlook.

Will you still need to spend renown on the operators?

I'm keen to support these guys but $45aud for a season pass for just more operators seems a bit much

I may do the same. Strong contender for my GOTY.

It's the funnest MP game I've played all year easily. I just love how each round can play out so differently, and love that I'm constantly surprised by enemy tactics, there are some clever little shits out there.

Anyone else having constant connection failures tonight on Xbox. This is the first day I've had issues and it's been every game. I've gotten a few hours of play in and haven't collected any points

Jarrod38

Man those 1 v 4 clutch moments are truly the best in any game right now. My heart starts to pump fast and my hands start to sweat knowing at any moment I can win or lose the match.

I can't keep playing in AU ps4

The options latency says eau 22ms - good right?
But everyone in game is 240ms on the score screen. But they have Australian accents.

Often I die like this: Cover corridor, see someone turn the corner and bang, I am dead like they had superhuman reflexes.

Then their POV video plays and they have normal reaction time... Like they turn, see me (doing nothing) move their gun to take a bead and bang.
What's up with that?
I am connected to Local psn servers, but everyone is routed via Ubisoft EU?

GravyButt

Can't find any pics online showing it, you can probably see one in a youtube video but this is what it looks like, you'll see the C4 on one side of the door and the red part on the other.
Ahhh thanks. Wonder if anyone falls for it anymore then or if im just hindering my team. Booo haha damn now im curious. Kapkans video when you unlock him is so hilarious too

Ahhh thanks. Wonder if anyone falls for it anymore then or if im just hindering my team. Booo haha damn now im curious. Kapkans video when you unlock him is so hilarious too

I always see it usually, except that 1 time with a shield lol rushed it and I scream WTF BS I had a shield and there's no possible again, then I saw it was a trip mine.. Learned my lesson haha

muffinsAKA

Neo Member
I've had a really great ranked experience. People using mics, using the callout names by the compass, making a b-line to help up downed teammates etc...

I would really enjoy it if a competitive scene grew around this game. The ebb and flow of tension would be so perfect for esports.

GravyButt

I always see it usually, except that 1 time with a shield lol rushed it and I scream WTF BS I had a shield and there's no possible again, then I saw it was a trip mine.. Learned my lesson haha
Alright thanks. Im still very green to the game and only have a few matches under my belt and like noone really unlocked so im trying to figure out who and what I should go for. Im really glad I grabbed sledge. Really upset i grabbed rook since noone ever grabs the armor :(

Alright thanks. Im still very green to the game and only have a few matches under my belt and like noone really unlocked so im trying to figure out who and what I should go for. Im really glad I grabbed sledge. Really upset i grabbed rook since noone ever grabs the armor :(

Spam the ping, after 20-25 sec after the action phase started and you don't see much movement of your friendlies then destroy your armor packs to prevent enemies from taking it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Still don't understand shields. Sometimes I take damage, sometimes I don't. Seemingly no rhyme or reason to it.

I've had a really great ranked experience. People using mics, using the callout names by the compass, making a b-line to help up downed teammates etc...

I would really enjoy it if a competitive scene grew around this game. The ebb and flow of tension would be so perfect for esports.

Yea it's really awesome. They've got some serious patching to do tho, and hopefully they get it done before they start losing that crowd

Tyl3n0L85

Neo Member
I keep reading positive things about this game. So what's you guys final verdict on it? Is it worth 60$ cause it seems pretty lightweight content wise and only MP (Same problem as Battlefront I assume)

Is there any big game breaking or annoying bugs?

I used to play CS back in the days however I lost interest a couple of years ago. I bought BLOPS3 when it came out however I can't get into it. Too fast paced for my old eyes and reflexes and community is really shitty.

Used to love the old Rainbow Six games on PC. However still undecided on this one especially since the price in Canada is 80$...

Damn, finally get a good squad together and everyone's communicating, and I get a connection failure. And then literally 6 more connection failues. On Xbox One, btw.

So is PC any better in regards to connection failures? I'm already thinking of going PC for mouse + keyboard support.

Dubz

I keep reading positive things about this game. So what's you guys final verdict on it? Is it worth 60$ cause it seems pretty lightweight content wise and only MP (Same problem as Battlefront I assume)

Is there any big game breaking or annoying bugs?

I used to play CS back in the days however I lost interest a couple of years ago. I bought BLOPS3 when it came out however I can't get into it. Too fast paced for my old eyes and reflexes and community is really shitty.

Used to love the old Rainbow Six games on PC. However still undecided on this one especially since the price in Canada is 80$...

I would get it if you know you can get a squad to play with. If not I would wait for a price drop.

Game is great on a team and frustrating with randoms that don't talk

So what's the consensus on what needs to be patched?

Hit detection can be wonky sometimes. I've unloaded on 2 or 3 people to not kill any, to have them turn around and kill me. It doesn't happen often, but when it does...

XomHgt.gif

Damn, finally get a good squad together and everyone's communicating, and I get a connection failure. And then literally 6 more connection failues. On Xbox One, btw.

So is PC any better in regards to connection failures? I'm already thinking of going PC for mouse + keyboard support.

I've been d/c'd at least once per every play session, I'll play in 2-3 hour blocks. Not terrible, but they do happen. Not sure the reason.

-------------------------
I've had some great games tonight. I had a great triple kill with the shotty. I had a little peak hole and saw 3 guys coming in, I threw a frag behind them(they hadn't seen me yet) and they charged into the room I was in. They didn't clear the corners as they were in a rush and I took all of them out. Fuckin' love this game.

RhyDin

I fell through a skybox last night.

KUKCwgN.jpg

In that cabin map, I was downed indoors and in front of a doorway and kept crawling/hugging against a teammate that may have been pushing against me. All of a sudden, I fell through the ground and beneath the map and continued to fall until I was auto-killed. It's possible he was trying to pick me up, but I'm unsure (I don't think it displays on your screen when you're being helped up).

Top Bottom