• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

RhyDin

Playing ranked with an EXP booster, anyone wanna join me on PC? (note: I'm not that great, but I have an understanding of gameplay mechanics, mic, and my K:D should end at least even, if not positive). Would be nice to get a group of people that play with boosters for the EXP bonus.

uplay is justinrom

eifer

I keep reading positive things about this game. So what's you guys final verdict on it? Is it worth 60$ cause it seems pretty lightweight content wise and only MP (Same problem as Battlefront I assume)

Is there any big game breaking or annoying bugs?

I used to play CS back in the days however I lost interest a couple of years ago. I bought BLOPS3 when it came out however I can't get into it. Too fast paced for my old eyes and reflexes and community is really shitty.

Used to love the old Rainbow Six games on PC. However still undecided on this one especially since the price in Canada is 80$...
This game is amazing when you're not having lag and you have a team that communicates and gets along. However, they gotta work out their server issues. I would say that this game will DEFINITELY be on sale fairly quickly, and you should pick it up when it's $40 or so if you're concerned about the price.

muffinsAKA

Neo Member
I keep reading positive things about this game. So what's you guys final verdict on it? Is it worth 60$ cause it seems pretty lightweight content wise and only MP (Same problem as Battlefront I assume)

I used to play CS back in the days however I lost interest a couple of years ago. I bought BLOPS3 when it came out however I can't get into it. Too fast paced for my old eyes and reflexes and community is really shitty.

Used to love the old Rainbow Six games on PC. However still undecided on this one especially since the price in Canada is 80$...

To me this is on the level of Counter-Strike. It's insanely replayable and has potential to be played for ages.

I'm having a blast. I'm an FPS junkie and as an avid CS player for 11+ years this game is a great entry into the tactical shooter genre.

Siege truly does more than just be a gimmick. There are so many interesting mechanics that add depth. Choosing your operator based on the mode, map, and team composition. Scouting the objective with your drone and trying to position it well so it can be used when teammates die. Choosing how to enter the building and how to make your way to the objective. Playing off of your teammates entry to flank behind them or come through the ceiling. Slowly and methodically checking every corner as you make your way through the building. When you're defending, the ability to deny location info by killing drones, setting up traps, the intensity of hearing the rooms next to you being breached. Even when you're dead you can use the drones or security cameras to mark enemies that walk past them or to call things out on the mic. It adds a layer of being helpful even if you got picked off early.

There are so many systems going on here that this game one hundred percent feels like it's own thing. The closest thing I can compare this game to is counter strike but it has a lot more going on. The TTK is extremely fast but right now it's hard to say if that is people not accepting the fact they're playing more of a support operator or if TTK is really too high across the board.

They are working on fixing net code and some other wonkiness. Hopefully this will also fix the current huge peaker's advantsge. Matchmaking has been instant most of the time with occasional games taking a minute or so to fill. Most people actually seem to have mics as well so being able to communicate makes it that much more fun.

I'll be really disappointed if this game doesn't succeed because to me it delivered everything from the trailers and more. Nothing else I can think of would fill this gap.

I'd keep an eye on it here and see if it comes back into stock cheap http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege/

mbmonk

I am dropping this game until the netcode is addressed.

I just have very little time and playing a no respawn game with wonky netcode isn't enjoyable for me.

RhyDin

I am dropping this game until the netcode is addressed.

I just have very little time and playing a no respawn game with wonky netcode isn't enjoyable for me.

The more I play, the more I'm starting to feel this way. I very much have doubts it will be further tweaked to be "good", though.

Drewfonse

Does the game give you a hitmarker or any other indication that your flashbang has blinded enemies? I never know whether I have an advantage or not.

Guesong

So Ive had this game fall on my lap. Gold Edition even!

Went in blind. This is pretty fun!

BUT MY GOD I SUCK TERRIBLY. Like, horrible. I pride myself in being somewhat good or decent generally but nope, not this one. Yet.

Hopefully I will get better with time.

Apparantly the Gold Edition is supposed to give me Rainbow Credits? Where? I do not seem to have any :S. Got the skins and Season pass unlock thing but no credits...

Mentok

Banned
HnTLDrp.png
FOI800l.png

You are awesome, thanks! If you're on PSN hit me up (not playing right now, but shortly).

It's a complete blast to play, but it's definitely lacking in content, is really buggy, screen tearing and trouble with parties/and server disconnects. Also probably some of the worst in game purchase options ever. But I'm still playing it, a ton. It's got that old school original Xbox live feel to it, and that's incredible.

What's with the right stick deadzone? Why can we not reduce it further? I'm having trouble being precise with small movements of the stick. I went from 10 to 5 but I'm still having issues.

It's a complete blast to play, but it's definitely lacking in content, is really buggy, screen tearing and trouble with parties/and server disconnects. Also probably some of the worst in game purchase options ever. But I'm still playing it, a ton. It's got that old school original Xbox live feel to it, and that's incredible.

What's with the right stick deadzone? Why can we not reduce it further? I'm having trouble being precise with small movements of the stick. I went from 10 to 5 but I'm still having issues.

I feel like this game is better value for $60 than most games out today (assuming you like team-based MP).

I'm really looking forward to all the free DLC over the next year.

EDIT: "Original Xbox Live feel" is the perfect way to describe it, actually.

Gaz_RB

It's finals week so I haven't had much time to play. Can't wait to get into it this weekend. Gonna try to push Diamond rank! I'm sitting at Gold 2 right now.

Does the game give you a hitmarker or any other indication that your flashbang has blinded enemies? I never know whether I have an advantage or not.

Nope. They're CS style. The only time you know you get a hitmarker is upon a confirmed kill, or when you destroy deployables.

Lebneney

Banned
So I'm probably going to buy this game tomorrow. Anyone want to recommend what to get it on? I'm leaning towards PS4, but I also do not mind PC.

So I'm probably going to buy this game tomorrow. Anyone want to recommend what to get it on? I'm leaning towards PS4, but I also do not mind PC.

Played on both PC and PS4 and on the PC more players communicate and I haven't encountered as many trolls/griefers. The community will probably last longer too, since these games tend to have legs on PC.

Nori Chan

And as soon as I complain I get a string of good games and wins... This game can be so satisfying and shitty at the same time.

Just finished all situations. Pretty easy money

Started a game 1v5 by myself... As we start the round it was 1v3. Picked one off cause he was outside. Found secure spot 13 seconds left. Put thermite. Destroy wall, rush in down second guy. Strafe to the right then back to the left shot the last guy with no time left on the clock. Won the round. And game crashed. Goodnight.

Tablo

Do we have confirmation on the tick rate? would be great if that could be increased eventually, there's like 120 tick servers on BF4 haha
Otherwise game looks great cant keep my eyes off the twitch streams till I get home and buy it.

Elmertos

Are you guys mainly playing with friends? How is the public community?
My friends mainly play pc and I'm console only, would you still recommend it?

Are you guys mainly playing with friends? How is the public community?
My friends mainly play pc and I'm console only, would you still recommend it?
Of course there are plenty of gafers to play with, make some new friends! I have it on Ps4 and so far the community has been awesome. Lots of people on mics and using good teamwork. Don't hesitate to get this game, easily those most underrated shooter in a loooong time.

Elmertos

Of course there are plenty of gafers to play with, make some new friends! I have it on Ps4 and so far the community has been awesome. Lots of people on mics and using good teamwork. Don't hesitate to get this game, easily those most underrated shooter in a loooong time.

Thanks mate, appreciate the info. Sure looks interesting :)

Rogan

Banned
I'm looking to buy a new game for Christmas and this is on my radar. How does it run on the PS4?

Usually I play with 1 or 2 friends and I understand that this game is 5 vs 5. How is it to play with random people?

Menthuss

I'm looking to buy a new game for Christmas and this is on my radar. How does it run on the PS4?

Usually I play with 1 or 2 friends and I understand that this game is 5 vs 5. How is it to play with random people?

Varies. Sometimes you end up with a group that has mics and communicates very well and other times you end up with silent Fuzes that throw frag grenades into a room with a hostage in it.

Rogan

Banned
Varies. Sometimes you end up with a group that has mics and communicates very well and other times you end up with silent Fuzes that throw frag grenades into a room with a hostage in it.

Shit. I hate losing because some random teammate plays like shit.

Menthuss

Shit. I hate losing because some random teammate plays like shit.

You'll be winning often enough as well though :p
I think this trend is going to die pretty soon to be honest. Most players are slowly starting to understand that using explosives in a room with a hostage is bad.

Will you still need to spend renown on the operators?

I'm keen to support these guys but $45aud for a season pass for just more operators seems a bit much

According to the developer i think you don't need to spend renown if you have bought the season pass. On their site is says "7-day exclusive access to 8 all-new Operators that you can instantly add to your roster"

Klyka

Banned
I played a round last night where I picked Castle.

So we start in and I set up barricades and our Rook sets down armor. I walk over as do some others and start to armor up when one guy looks at me and suddenly uses his mic shouting "Holy shit you're a N*GGER! I didn't know they had a N*gger in this game! Thought it was all white people!"

Needless to say that was a very...uncomfortable round.

NeoGiff

So we start in and I set up barricades and our Rook sets down armor. I walk over as do some others and start to armor up when one guy looks at me and suddenly uses his mic shouting "Holy shit you're a N*GGER! I didn't know they had a N*gger in this game! Thought it was all white people!"

Did you kick/report him?

SomTervo

No way. Jesus.

Sojgat

I would have shot him.

Klyka

Banned
I would have shot him.

I thought about it,but I'm very pragmatic and I just thought that shooting him would put our team at a disadvantage and be a negative to everyone involved, not just to him.

I think the craziest part about it was also what he sounded like. He wasn't like,angry or anything, it wasn't an outrage at there being a black player model in front of him.
It was total surprise in his voice, like a complete "woah wait what they got a black man in this game woah woah i haven't seen this woah".
It wouldn't have sounded negative at all if he hadn't used the N-Word.

People are really fucking weird and dumb sometimes.

Jb

What century do these people think they live in? Jesus, that's both sad and infuriating.

Top Bottom