• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

realcZk

I dunno. The airplane map just comes across as too cramped, leaving little from for tactics. I guess I just haven't experienced a good round on it yet.

I agree with you, its very cramped. Splitting up and timing a breach is really the only time we've had success. I'm terrible at defending it.

I think only the sniper dude can shoot through those windows.

You could be right, but I got two assists using burst fire from the FAMAS on the windows. Not sure if an assist is given to suppressive fire or if it requires a hit marker. I wasn't really paying attention. I've been shot through the windows before though and I didn't see if it was from a marksman rifle or not.

kvk1

I just had an epiphany as to why I love this game so much.

It's reminiscent of so many scenes from one of my favorite movies of all time, The Negotiator.

Anyone who's seen the movie, and remembers those office breaches, and the standoff in the house at the end, will get what I'm saying.

I love how effective you can be for your team in this game by just relaying intel and calling out enemies. I think IQ needs a buff for her gadget to be really useful (maybe make it so you can spot traps on the hud for your teammates, or differentiate between team/enemy electronics), but Twitch is great for both being effective at fighting and getting good intel on the enemy. It's also awesome to know some enemies are taking cover behind something while your teammate has their gun aimed at them and go harass them with the shock drone so they get up in a panic and take a bullet to the head immediately.

Great teamwork synergy stuff like that happens all the time in this game, and the game design is built around it.

Anyone have a guide to the camera locations? My crew desperately needs to learn them.

yo

At level 45-50 ish played few dozen hours of multiplayer, lots of ranked... i think... i might actually be getting the slightest bit burned out. I absolutely love this game... and will continue to play the shit out of it...

That said... i REALLY WISH there were some other gamemodes... because we all know that the 3 mp modes are really just the same thing save for the rare occurrence where you can sneak the hostage out without killing the enemy team.

Things i'd probably dig a whole lot...

-If they brought back the ability to move the hostage, in game.
-If they allowed the attacker to cancel/skip their camera drone hunt mode for an decrease in prep time to start the round earlier. "Vote with X to stop recon at 30 seconds instead of 60" Defending team get's warning that they're on the way early. Could lead to some cool shit!
-Doors. Id really doors added to the majority of the doorways. Left alone and not reinforced they'd work much like they do in other tactical games... option to slow and quiet... or quick open with a loud kick. Could even make an operator who locks/jams doors and another who can lock pick/unjam. (hire me ubi ;P)
-If they added a pure team elimination game mode. Could give both teams say half the time to prep and then it's pure kill or be killed last man standing no objective. Could lead to interesting tactics and better use of the maps.
-If they added a respawn mode where you didn't have your special abilities/equipment and just your normal weapons/equipment. Would be fun to play some social, casual TDM or some sort of flag/objective mode with respawns. The gunplay is great and so are the maps... id be pumped if this came around. (ive heard rumors but we'll see)

-If they added a pure team elimination game mode. Could give both teams say half the time to prep and then it's pure kill or be killed last man standing no objective. Could lead to interesting tactics and better use of the maps.

This would be awesome. They have these great spaces outside of the buildings that could make for some intense matches
-If they added a respawn mode where you didn't have your special abilities/equipment and just your normal weapons/equipment. Would be fun to play some social, casual TDM or some sort of flag/objective mode with respawns. The gunplay is great and so are the maps... id be pumped if this came around. (ive heard rumors but we'll see)

I honestly hope this never happens. This literally would take a bunch of folks away from the REAL modes.

This would be awesome. They have these great spaces outside of the buildings that could make for some intense matches

Exactly! Very, very cool maps with loads of playable space that NEVER gets used in the more focused objective play. Hell, there are super narrow metas developing in ranked that if you get one map... you already know how the attackers and defenders are going to play... and who will be picked etc. A pure elimination, full use of the map, inside and out would be awesome. Hell... neutral bomb or an attack/defend bomb type would be awesome without all the reinforcements etc. Give everyone on attach and defense the same option for like one reinforcement or shield or barbwire or something common across all... then have them use teamwork and communication to finish the objective.

I honestly hope this never happens. This literally would take a bunch of folks away from the REAL modes.

I totally see what you mean... but as like a social warmup, shits-n-giggles mode it would be fun.

realcZk

So, I've never played as a recruit and always pick an operator, is there any advantage / reason to go recruit over an operator? Some sort of load out flexibility mayhaps?

So, I've never played as a recruit and always pick an operator, is there any advantage / reason to go recruit over an operator? Some sort of load out flexibility mayhaps?

Depends... you only get one wall reinforcement (IIRC) but you can mix and match for some cool loadouts... and snag some great weapons including the Famas, AK and MP7.

realcZk

Depends... you only get one wall reinforcement (IIRC) but you can mix and match for some cool loadouts... and snag some great weapons including the Famas, AK and MP7.

Can you have access to those AR weapons as a defender by going recruit? Sometimes it feels rough going up against attackers with ARs when I just have an SMG. My play style often collides with the range limitations of an SMG and I will lose a trade with an AR.

Sounds like I need to experiment with it some more.

Can you have access to those AR weapons as a defender by going recruit? Sometimes it feels rough going up against attackers with ARs when I just have an SMG.

Sounds like I need to experiment with it some more.

Nope... i think that sort of stuff is still tied to attackers and defenders. (Someone correct me if i'm wrong)

If they do this I'll probably stop playing the game. NOT having a respawn is the entire reason I love the game. The fear of death in video games, especially in a shooter like this, is by far my favorite aspect.

SomTervo

PC version has some weird performance issues. In the benchmark on lowest possible setting I will get a minimum frame rate of 55 - 60 fps, while the max fps will be 400+.

Even when the game looks like dog shit, it runs like dog shit. minimum FPS is very important and it's sad to see my machine can't get a minimum of 100+ FPS with this game.

My machine exceeds the recommended specs.

Well played Ubi.. you got my money again and left me with blue balls.

Thats why i wait now on Ubisoft games. I never buy them at launch anymore. Theyre always broken in some way.

?

Have you been looking in this thread? Pretty unanimous feedback that it runs well, and Digital Foundry found this, too. Please post your specs.

I'm on an i5 4690k 3.2Ghz, 16 GB RAM, and a GTX 960, and the game runs 60FPS with everything on high. That's perfect.

Thanks!

Please no! I love that this game is committed to it's basic design of one life modes and doesn't make a million different modes for back of the box features. A respawning mode would just split the community up and likely take a lot of players who get frustrated with dying early when they are new to the game, rather than taking the time to learn to not die so fast.

Thats why i wait now on Ubisoft games. I never buy them at launch anymore. Theyre always broken in some way.

The game has a great PC port. Don't just take one user's account as the full story, check the DF article and other places like the PC Gaming Wiki before writing something off entirely.

MajorTom

PC version has some weird performance issues. In the benchmark on lowest possible setting I will get a minimum frame rate of 55 - 60 fps, while the max fps will be 400+.

Even when the game looks like dog shit, it runs like dog shit. minimum FPS is very important and it's sad to see my machine can't get a minimum of 100+ FPS with this game.

My machine exceeds the recommended specs.

Well played Ubi.. you got my money again and left me with blue balls.

lol

You get a maximum of 400 fps and you still complain.
Cap it at 60 and enjoy the game if you're that bothered.

If they do this I'll probably stop playing the game. NOT having a respawn is the entire reason I love the game. The fear of death in video games, especially in a shooter like this, is by far my favorite aspect.

I'm with you 100%... that's all i'd play really given the option... that said... why would you stop playing if they still had the normal one life modes? I'm confused.

Please no! I love that this game is committed to it's basic design of one life modes and doesn't make a million different modes for back of the box features. A respawning mode would just split the community up and likely take a lot of players who get frustrated with dying early when they are new to the game, rather than taking the time to learn to not die so fast.

I'm 100% for one life modes... i'd play the occasional respawn mode (which by the way, didn't they pretty much confirm it's coming at some point or hint to it?) for casual fun when not with a full team in ranked.

If for some reason most of the population does move towards the respawn mode(s) then wouldnt you say let it be so? Let people play what they want and if you or I are in the minority... so be it. Id rather play with only like minded, non run-gun CoD kids anyway. It will lower the player base but we'll have enough no problem.

They probably tested this extensively and found it really unbalanced. I'd like it too but I can imagine it ruining the symmetry of the matches.

Yeah i believe i read someplace that it was removed for balancing issues... but it could be really fun with some set parameters... like only transfer hostage between set points or the same spawn locations or have to keep on move etc... who knows. Id play it though lol

Klyka

Banned
Ok ok so the BEST thing as a defender is to be the one guy who splits off from the team and hides in the "empty" part of the map and then falls into the attackers back.

I just knived a guy and calmly walked up to a shield guy and shotgunned him from behind.
I was Rook so I just left my armor with the team,armored up and then left.

It's super fun and I now unlocked Pulse who will be even better for that play cause he is really fast AND can see where the enemies are with his sensor!

Gold_Loot

Uh, I just click the left or right thumb stick while ADS to lean. At least with my controller you don't have to hold it.
You don't have to hold to lean. You just to give it a longer click in. Probably due to many people accidentally clicking the sticks during fire fights.

jonezer4

It's super fun and I now unlocked Pulse who will be even better for that play cause he is really fast AND can see where the enemies are with his sensor!

In my experience, Pulse wouldn't be ideal for coming up behind guys. His range seems to only be about 5 meters, which is better suited for sitting in the objective and warning teammates. If you could just limitlessly see through the map (ala Far Scope from Perfect Dark), it'd be one thing, but if you're looking to track down enemies for the purpose of coming up behind them, you're much better off relying on cameras and/or your team.

Sojgat

Uh, I just click the left or right thumb stick while ADS to lean. At least with my controller you don't have to hold it.

Interesting.

Perhaps I just need a new DS4 after all.

You don't have to hold to lean. You just to give it a longer click in. Probably due to many people accidentally clicking the sticks during fire fights.

Or not.

I don't know anymore, lol. I'm sorry I brought it up everyone.

Anyone else think the airplane map is terrible?

I love the airplane map, simply because it's a completely different kind of map compares to the other structures.

I'd love for them to get creative with their maps. Wonder if the Brazil DLC (an assumption on my part, but pretty sure that Brazilian Operators will be added) will have some forest maps.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Ok ok so the BEST thing as a defender is to be the one guy who splits off from the team and hides in the "empty" part of the map and then falls into the attackers back.

I just knived a guy and calmly walked up to a shield guy and shotgunned him from behind.
I was Rook so I just left my armor with the team,armored up and then left.

This is how I like to play often, Rook is my favorite defender for this reason. It's also the same reason I prefer Sledge for the attackers - I can go just about anywhere.

My fucking roommate keeps spending my 1500 credits on scrub Operators :( I think we have something like 10-12 operators unlocked and I don't have Thatcher or Thermite yet :-| Just got Blitz, he's my boy.

RainbowSix_FlowChart_Final.jpg

Also, good vid on hip fire accuracy with laser vs without: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdJSv0Ne7ag

Forgot that the crosshairs doesn't just indicate but also defines how wide your shots can go.

I really hope this game sells well and reinvigorates the tactical shooter genre on consoles. I just love the tense and intimate shooters like this. Seriously the first time in about 8 years that I've had something fill that huge hole that socom left in my gaming heart!

Primeau31

I really hope this game sells well and reinvigorates the tactical shooter genre on consoles. I just love the tense and intimate shooters like this. Seriously the first time in about 8 years that I've had something fill that huge hole that socom left in my gaming heart!

there you go. I feel the same. I hope a lot of people dying for the SOCOM itch give this a try, it's the closest I've felt to it in a long time.

GravyButt

When your the only guy left(with 11 health left) vs 3 others and you take 2 of them out only to catch a c4 trap. Boooo. Exhilarating though.

Can Ashes' explosive ability not go through reinforced floor entry points? I hit a reinforced wall one and it blew open fine but didn't do anything to the floor one. Also, could you technically just stick any object with that if the need arose and hope you got a splash damage kill? I should of tried it because I was sure the guy was hiding in a certain spot but didn't want to give away my area just incase. Evidently he knew where I was better though with his c4 trap.

Mentok

Banned
Damn. I love lurking as Smoke. I've gotten about 7 kills just by flanking and trapping them behind gas and C4.

Yeah Smoke is a lot of fun to lurk with, especially against shields. I'll lure them (let them see me) into a smoke trap. Plus his SMG has very low recoil.

Last night I encountered a VERY weird scenario. I was defending the hostage in the construction room (house map) with a teammate. The other team had a Fuse, and of course the usual happened. Only his grenades killed me and my teammate, not even damaging the hostage (we were literally right next to the hostage)! Luckily for us, the idiot placed another breach and killed the hostage with that one, but it was so weird. The other player killed and I were just saying "What?! How?!?!"

I can't wait to see what JTF-2s they add in January.

When your the only guy left(with 11 health left) vs 3 others and you take 2 of them out only to catch a c4 trap. Boooo. Exhilarating though.

Can Ashes' explosive ability not go through reinforced floor entry points? I hit a reinforced wall one and it blew open fine but didn't do anything to the floor one. Also, could you technically just stick any object with that if the need arose and hope you got a splash damage kill? I should of tried it because I was sure the guy was hiding in a certain spot but didn't want to give away my area just incase. Evidently he knew where I was better though with his c4 trap.

Ash's ability can only bust through castles reinforced doors and windows. Any actually barricaded cross over points or walls cannot be breached. Only thermite can get through those.

Terrorist Hunt is ridiculously hard on Defuse Bomb. I removed that mode from my rotation and I'm enjoying it. Can actually play the other modes on Realistic, but Defuse Bomb can be impossible on Normal.

B3N1

I just love the blood spray in this game. I hope they only mess with the brightness of it. It really is a bit too bright.

Gif(v)s [1] [2] behind link.

TheBear

a quick tip, the defuser on bomb still counts down even after the attacking team is dead.
Was playing as a recruit with a shield and set the defuser, and was 1 vs 3 and just getting hammered in the corner of the room behind the shield. They eventually killed me but by then the defuser was 3/4 done and they couldn't bust it in time.
They were pissed!

B3N1

a quick tip, the defuser on bomb still counts down even after the attacking team is dead.
It works something like that in CoD too (and probably CS?).
What surprised me is that you can also finish setting the defuser when the timer stops. A dude did it by starting to place at 0:02 during a 1v1 stalemate (he was 1v3 before) on my team. He then killed the defender coming to destroy the defuser. He was crazy.

Top Bottom