• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

MajorTom

When everything goes to plan it's amazing.

I stuck behind a guy with a shield and leaned out to shoot guys.
We cleared out the entire enemy team without taking any significant damage.

It was glorious.

It was a random guy with no mic too.
I wish I added him on Uplay, we had some sort of connection :p

I am so done playing with randoms.

It's weird, during the alpha and betas, and during the first week, I ran into nothing but good folks using their mics and willing to play as a team. The last 2-3 days, I haven't been able to play with the crew I've been rolling with... and it's been awful. No mics, people dropping at the first side of trouble on both sides (aka "Rocket League'ing"), and people just playing in such a style, I cant even play it. Teammates just dying 15-30 seconds into the match... EVERY... TIME.

Hostage games are just the worst at this point. I swear I went to a game 3 where the hostage was killed 3 times in a row at that point.

I would hop into ranked by myself, but it's usually a group or two in a party. :/

mr stroke

Just picked this up on Xbone and holly shit in love with this game! Brings back all the feelings from RainBow Six Vegas days, everyone using mics with slow tactical gameplay

Mentok

Banned
a quick tip, the defuser on bomb still counts down even after the attacking team is dead.
Was playing as a recruit with a shield and set the defuser, and was 1 vs 3 and just getting hammered in the corner of the room behind the shield. They eventually killed me but by then the defuser was 3/4 done and they couldn't bust it in time.
They were pissed!

I can confirm that a downed attacker still continues the timer for securing the package. We had a teammate down an enemy, but the timer was still going so he freaked out thinking there was someone else in the room (it was 1 v 1, don't know how he missed that). Speaking of Securing the Package, they need to extend the time it takes to secure the package. It's just way to fast compared to the diffuse timer. While we're at it, I don't think you should be able to rappel with the hostage, especially since defenders can't rappel.

Z_Y

Anybody (xb1 players) still waiting on their Vegas 1/2 codes? I preordered the day before launch and today is the 10th day.

Ubi Montreal said the color was something they intend to fix. I think it's funny that we bleed tang, though.

Aw man, I thought this was like an artistic choice. I love how the red contrasts with the rest of the game's muted colors. It standing out so vividly seemed like part of the visual language, countering enemy positioning, etc.

Nori Chan

Closest I got with randoms to beating Terrorist Hunt on realistic was 7 enemies left :(

I died right off the bat cause apparently you're not safe on the roof with Twith

Crazyorloco

I saw there was a promotion for getting rainbow six new vegas/2, if you get this game so i decided to purchase. Now i feel ok buying it, since i have a single player mode :p downloading siege now. Cant wait to play later.

Xbox live Screen name: crazynloco

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Closest I got with randoms to beating Terrorist Hunt on realistic was 7 enemies left :(

I died right off the bat cause apparently you're not safe on the roof with Twith
Couple Hunt tips: Two bombers are always in the level when you start. On realistic there might even be three (this is hard to determine for reasons I can't get into atm) but always at minimum two at the beginning. Once you kill those two, more guys will spawn outside. 4-6 depending on difficulty. And they'll immediately attack any operator still outside. This is why teams who rush right in can get cautious players killed. Might be on your drone, and those first two bomber kills can happen right off the bat, causing the annoying spaw outside before you're ready. Anyway, continuing, at a certain point, usually nearing the last third of the round, another bomber spawns. In classic Hunt, you fight 3 bombers on hard, and 4 on realistic. On hostage rescue, it's very similar to classic, except a bomber and number of guys spawns outside at the extract when you touch the hostage.

Hunt on realistic isn't too bad, as long as you manage the bombers, knowing where and when to expect them. On hard or above, I don't play defuse or protect, as I believe those modes are broken on higher difficulties.

Drewfonse

And just when the evening was getting frustrating because of getting dropped, I had 2 hrs of great back and forth matches. My 2 favorite things in the game:

1. Thatcher

2. Rappelling up a wall, breaching a window, EMP grenade courtesy of Thatcher, upside down precision kill. The best.

soultron

Banned
1v1 playing Montagne vs Doc.
Manage to use my pistol to force Doc into DBNO but then he self resurrects 5m away from me. As I see him resing, I rush him and melee him to death. Hilarious.

Valkrai

1v1 playing Montagne vs Doc.
Manage to use my pistol to force Doc into DBNO but then he self resurrects 5m away from me. As I see him resing, I rush him and melee him to death. Hilarious.

Lol. I had my team on a 2v1. One guy and a Doc both hit each other on DBNO when we planted the defuser. Doc self-res' himself and the other guy barely notices him and destroys him with a SMG.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Just bought this on PS4!!

I made a PS4 GAF Community for this, feel free to join if you like to meet up with other gaffers!

Let me know and ill send you an invite or you can also just join the community by searching for Rainbow Six GAF!

Or, ADD ME ON PSN!! ID- TheTrinidad

Looking to play with cool peeps that talk in this game! LETS KILL SOME TURRISTS!!

Mentok

Banned
Tonight was really weird for connection problems (PS4). Had quite a few of them. I'm also hoping they fix the issue where a party member is always getting dropped when going into matchmaking. I find I have to reset the game at least 3 times a night because of this issue.

Also tonight I found out just how damn far shotties can reach. They're pretty OP when you factor in that most battles are fought in CQC.

Just bought this on PS4!!

I made a PS4 GAF Community for this, feel free to join if you like to meet up with other gaffers!

Let me know and ill send you an invite or you can also just join the community by searching for Rainbow Six GAF!

Or, ADD ME ON PSN!!

Looking to play with cool peeps that talk in this game! LETS KILL SOME TURRISTS!!

Will definitely join the community, and add you (is your PSN name the same as GAF?)

Oh wow...double dipped on this game, and I gotta say - it's so much more responsive on PC than the Xbox One. I finally feel like I can make headshots consistently.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Tonight was really weird for connection problems (PS4). Had quite a few of them. I'm also hoping they fix the issue where a party member is always getting dropped when going into matchmaking. I find I have to reset the game at least 3 times a night because of this issue.

Also tonight I found out just how damn far shotties can reach. They're pretty OP when you factor in that most battles are fought in CQC.

Will definitely join the community, and add you (is your PSN name the same as GAF?)
Sorry. Forgot that!

My PSN is TheTrinidad

MANGOD

Banned
Oh wow...double dipped on this game, and I gotta say - it's so much more responsive on PC than the Xbox One. I finally feel like I can make headshots consistently.
Thats an interesting comment. I play on xbone and have been thinking the same sometimes, Ive played about with the sensitivity. Im not sure about messing with deadzone though but there is something off with the controls

Thats an interesting comment. I play on xbone and have been thinking the same sometimes, Ive played about with the sensitivity. Im not sure about messing with deadzone though but there is something off with the controls

Yeah, I had the same experience, like I could never get the reticle to stop where I wanted it to stop.

Playing it also on PC, looking forward to play with GAF members here,

just add me on UPlay, name is NovumVeritas, could someone also add me to the spreadsheet?
Time zone is UTC+01:00 Germany.

BTW is there a patch announcement?
Or when is the 1st patch dropping?

Damn good games tonight neogaf crew. I think we won all but 2 of the games we played.

But those losses....... 10 straight is good, but not as good as it could be.

tumblr_lvg6azc0Av1r7nk3mo1_500.gif

manhack

watching http://www.twitch.tv/fairlight_excalibur

His team is using awesome strat in Hostage rescue of locking themselves in the Hostage room on the Cafe Dosteyevsky map with barb wire and castle barricades.

The other team wasted all their time getting in and then killed the hostage. Afterwards the next team used the same strat and they were able to counter it with flashbangs and glaz sniping.

so good.gif

Unless you're playing with a dual-analog Xbox controller on PC, ofcourse you can make headshots easier with a mouse. It's point and click. It doesn't get easier than that.

NHale

Game is great which is surprising because I only bought it after I saw a stream 1 day before launch, I wasn't excited for it one bit before that stream. Best MP game this year by a country mile and this generation only BF4 and TLOU Remastered are on the same level as this game.

Only issue I have right now is that 95% of the rounds ends via "team deathmatch" and not completing the actual objetive. Not sure how they can fix it either.

I HATE when people leave after they die.

The developers need to implement a suspend system for those that leave a game after the first round loads. This isn't a game where skill easily can make up for one less person. You can win a 4 vs 5 of course, but it's much harder to do because even if he gets killed 20 seconds into a match at least you collect that intel about enemy location.

Block matchmaking for 10 minutes if you quit or disconnect after the first round loads would fix this issue.

At least team killing is not an issue even with randoms. The design of the game actually leads people into decent behavior because without a team you are screwed...

Yep. It's next to impossible to precisely aim. Turning the deadzone to 5 helps but it's still super jumpy. I can deal with all the annoying bugs but this one is pretty inexcusable. Hopefully It's fixed in the first patch.

The sniping scenario really highlights the issue, and I enjoy running Twitch and long range shots are almost impossible to pull off quickly.

Remmy2112

Anybody have the problemen of the mic staying open even when on Push to Talk?

Kept happening to me last nicht.

It's a known bug. You can turn it to open in options, apply, then turn it to push to talk and hit apply to clear it. Be warned that alt-tabbing will require you to do that all again.

Tapejara

Gave up after the second round of someone team killing our entire team. Voting to kick does nothing as no one else votes. There needs to be a way to punish team killers.

Gave up after the second round of someone team killing our entire team. Voting to kick does nothing as no one else votes. There needs to be a way to punish team killers.

I think a lot of people have no idea how to vote.

Yeah, I just exit those games and re-roll with a new group.

Top Bottom