• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Tapejara

I think a lot of people have no idea how to vote.

Yeah, I just exit those games and re-roll with a new group.

Yeah, the vote option is kind of hidden. I want to say that I'd like it to be more visible, but I know some people love to abuse that feature in other games.

Discord link is dead, got a new one going? Also I really wish we could make groups/clans on this game so finding some GAF members to play with would be easier

Klyka

Banned
UUUUUUGH I am always the only one who talks god dammit.

People listen and I tell them where enemies are and NO ONE EVER TALKS

fucks sake

Remmy2112

Down But Not Out. It refers to the state when you're shot but manage to survive and a teammate needs to revive you.

I rather wish there was a penalty for killing a person who was downed but not out, or simply remove the ability to kill them period. This is not a war-time military game, it is a civilian law enforcement thing. Regardless of whether or not you'd view the maps as actual scenarios or simply training ones law enforcement isn't allowed to shoot a downed suspect, at least not legally.

Right now DBNO is as good as a death sentence as the ratio of rescues to death is abysmal. If you want to balance it out make it so that you can't crawl during that state or severely slow it down from what it already is.

I rather wish there was a penalty for killing a person who was downed but not out, or simply remove the ability to kill them period. This is not a war-time military game, it is a civilian law enforcement thing. Regardless of whether or not you'd view the maps as actual scenarios or simply training ones law enforcement isn't allowed to shoot a downed suspect, at least not legally.

Right now DBNO is as good as a death sentence as the ratio of rescues to death is abysmal. If you want to balance it out make it so that you can't crawl during that state or severely slow it down from what it already is.

I don't know if it makes sense to apply real-world logic to a game where you're basically Counter-Terror vs Counter-Terror. Plus, is it really a civilian law enforcement scenario if five different international counter-terrorism units are involved? :p

I also disagree about DBNO being a death sentence. Even randoms have been pretty good about trying to pick me up. It's really rare for me to bleed out when DBNO.

I HATE when people leave after they die.

Hope Ranked gets sorted out in the patch so we can play a mode without worrying about this.

Thats an interesting comment. I play on xbone and have been thinking the same sometimes, Ive played about with the sensitivity. Im not sure about messing with deadzone though but there is something off with the controls

It's important to note that there is NO aim assist in Multiplayer, which is different from almost every MP shooter on consoles.

Klyka

Banned
I just used Fuze's cluster bombs and it killed a guy on the other side then also killed me for some reason. And then as I was watching a teammate through his eyes, I suddenly get a kill notice in the top right that says I killed a guy with my gun even though I was dead.

Wut?

I understand what you're saying, but it's a gameplay element that adds excitement.

Hope Ranked gets sorted out in the patch so we can play a mode without worrying about this.

It's important to note that there is NO aim assist in Multiplayer, which is different from almost every MP shooter on consoles.

No something is off with the controls. I think it is deadzone, which they only let you eliminate to 5. It's next to impossible to be precise from long range. Try running the sniping scenario, it's ridiculous. I love using twitch, but I know I won't be getting any quick shots through windows unless it's luck. They really need to fix this.

Someone else on here said that he switched over to PC with the controller and it was 100x more smooth.

Crazyorloco

So I've never played a rainbow six game before. I watched a few youtube videos on siege and I said "oh what the hell" and purchased the game.

Played last night for the first time for a few hours. The first group of people I played with had mics, I didn't talk much, but I did help teammates find the enemy locations. I loved the whole experience. I missed using my damn mic... So glad this game really puts it to good use.

Pros.
-No jumps (reminds me of good old perfect dark/goldeneye days)
-No health regeneration (I care about my health now)
-no radar (I like that I can make holes in some walls to see if people are in rooms)
-no wall walking/ground pounds, and other weird (to me) game play
-Feels like a Survival horror game sometimes. I love that. Situations get tense and all you have is really sounds and your teammates to go off of. I got scared a bunch of times last night.
-I actually enjoy the single player "situations" mode. I wish that the other difficulty levels added different objectives.
-I'm using my brain. I don't even mind dying, because I enjoying watching and helping out my teammates when i'm not playing.

Cons
-No real campaign (but I am satisfied with "situations")
-Splitscreen Multiplayer - come on now. give us something lol

Someone else on here said that he switched over to PC with the controller and it was 100x more smooth.

Did we switch to controller on PC, or just switch to PC with kbm? Pretty huge difference there.

*Every* game feels smoother and easier to control on PC vs consoles for me, for example :)

EDIT: Just got my Vegas codes via XBL message!

So is this a common bug or what ? When i launch the game, half the time the cursor switches like mad on the menu items as if someone else was pushing the down arrow.

Never had that, but I when I launch the game, it never initially connects me to the servers. Maybe 1/10 times, but most the time it tries for a minute or so, then fails, then immediate connects upon retry.

Pachimari

Excuse me that I haven't been online much the past two days. Some stupid things came up in my life which I had to take care of. I'll try get around to all of the avatars soon.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
For the new page!

I made a PS4 GAF Community for this, feel free to join if you like to meet up with other gaffers!

Let me know your ID and ill send you an invite or you can also just join the community by searching for Rainbow Six GAF in the communities.

Or, ADD ME ON PSN!! ID- TheTrinidad

Did we switch to controller on PC, or just switch to PC with kbm? Pretty huge difference there.

*Every* game feels smoother and easier to control on PC vs consoles for me, for example :)

EDIT: Just got my Vegas codes via XBL message!

Pretty sure he said he used his controller on the PC to see if it replicated the same feeling and it did not. I'm not sure if the PC has the ability for 0 deadzone, which may have alleviated the problem. Going from 10 to 5 definitely helped, but those longer shots are next to impossible, especially because of the recoil.

Vegas 2 was sent to me an hour or two after Vegas.

EDIT: X1 here.

"Just mute EVERYONE"

smh GiantBomb.

To be fair they were wanting to mute the chat because they were just talking shit to each other which looked bad. Anyways, the XB1 version as far as I know comes with Vegas 1 & 2, I got the game on retail so the codes were already inside. I assume this will be for all XB1 releases and not just a one time thing.

Much better rundown of the AMA with more details: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap?

Q: When is the next patch?
A: Our next update will be in mid-December.

Q: Sometimes the enemy doesn't die when I feel like they should have. Why does this happen? (Long answer below)

Hello everyone. We have indeed heard your concerns for hit detection within the game and we want to address it.

We already knew we had improvements that could be made, but after further investigation, we can share that the problem you experience is based off multiple issues that we will be working on. Some of them can be addressed with quick fixes, while others require development time.

BUGS ON REPLICATION AND KILLCAM

Let’s start by talking about quick fixes. We have a few bugs that we managed to get out of the way and that will be fixed for our next title update in mid-December:
Fixed: Pawn rotation latency: the difference between a player’s action, the server’s perception and another player seeing said action had an extra delay due to a bug. This had even more impact on shield wielding Operators since sometimes players using those would think they were protected while they were not because of the additional delay caused by the pawn rotation bug.
Fixed: Shield positioning while rappelling: certain shield angles were not being replicated properly, this caused the shield wielding player to be overprotected in certain cases. This caused hit detection issues for the player shooting at the shield wielding player.
Fixed: Shooting and moving while rappelling: when moving and shooting while in rappel, the hits were sometimes not registered properly by the server.
Improved: Kill cam replication issues: the kill cam was not displaying an accurate representation of hit positions. The point of view seen after death was not the exact point of view of the killer. Moreover, we have instances in which the kill cam shows body parts sticking through walls while they actually weren’t being seen from the killer’s perspective. This has been improved for the next title update, but we still need additional work on this. It is still considered under development.

SERVER TICK RATE

We are currently investigating having a higher tick rate, which would improve positioning and shooting replication. The current servers run at a tick rate of 64, but the position of players is updated 30 times per second. We have plans to address this very soon and are currently running tests in which we have a position update rate of 60. If the results are satisfying, we will be deploying this in a future update as soon as possible.

CONNECTION TO WRONG DATA CENTER

Another issue we will be working on is that right now, some players connect to the wrong data centers. If you are not connected to the nearest data center, your gameplay experience will likely not be ideal. We believe that the best solution for this will be to allow the players to select their data centers and that is what we will be working on.

GENERAL ISSUES WE ARE AWARE OF

Although we do have a high ping kick in place, one thing to note is that there are some edge cases in which some players have high ping due to poor internet connection spikes. This affects replication quality for the other players within that person’s match.
We hope that this addresses your concerns and we will make sure to keep you updated as we keep monitoring and improving on this and progress within our plans.

Q: What is the servers Tick Rate?
A: We are currently investigating having a higher tick rate, which would improve positioning and shooting replication. The current servers run at a tick rate of 64, but the position of players is updated 30 times per second. We have plans to address this very soon and are currently running tests in which we have a position update rate of 60. If the results are satisfying, we will be deploying this in a future update as soon as possible.

Q: Why are some people connecting to the wrong data center?
A: If you are not connected to the nearest data center, your gameplay experience will likely not be ideal. We believe that the best solution for this will be to allow the players to select their data centers and that is what we will be working on.

Q: Sometimes I feel like my bullets don’t register when I hit an enemy. Why does this occur?
A: This is due to pawn rotation latency. That is the difference between a player’s action, the server’s perception and another player seeing said action had an extra delay due to a bug. This had even more impact on shield wielding Operators since sometimes players using those would think they were protected while they were not because of the additional delay caused by the pawn rotation bug. This will be fixed in our next patch, to be released in mid-December.

Q: Why is the Killcam sometimes showing me getting killed from an impossible angle?
A: The kill cam is not displaying an accurate representation of hit positions. The point of view seen after death was not the exact point of view of the killer. Moreover, we have instances in which the kill cam shows body parts sticking through walls while they actually weren’t being seen from the killer’s perspective. This has been improved for the next title update, but we still need additional work on this. It is still considered under development.

Q: I feel like I hit that shield Operator. Why didn’t some of my hits register?
A: Certain shield angles were not being replicated properly and this caused the shield wielding player to be overprotected in certain cases. This caused hit detection issues for the player shooting at the shield wielding player. This will be fixed in our next patch, to be released in mid-December.

Q: It seems like some of my hits don’t register while rappelling?
A: When moving and shooting while in rappel, the hits were sometimes not registered properly by the server. This will be fixed in our next patch, to be released in mid-December.

Q: What is your current anti-cheat solution? Are you happy with it?
A: We cannot disclose too much information about the current anti-cheat solution (Fairfight), but we can confirm that we are satisfied with it.

Q: What is the best method for reporting cheaters?
A: Currently, the best method is to submit a support ticket here.

Q: What are you doing to improve server stability?
A: We are constantly fixing game server crashes and have already released several seamless updates that have improved server stability. We will continue to do so as long as the game is live.

Q: I’ve noticed that some users have ping spikes. Why aren’t they getting kicked from matches?
A: Although we do have a high ping kick in place, one thing to note is that there are some edge cases in which some players have high ping due to poor internet connection spikes. This affects replication quality for the other players within that person’s match.

Q: Can I play University in PvP/All Terrorist Hunt modes?
A: We are currently working on making that map available for all in PVP and PVE, on top of all other free maps that are planned for year one. This map does not count as one of the 4 post launch maps promised for 2016.

Q: Will you be releasing any more Situations?
A: No additional Situations planned as of yet.

Q: What is the current plan for handling excessive team killers?
A: We will be addressing team killing and friendly fire issues based on data that is currently being collected. We will communicate our plans shortly.

Q: How often will you be updating the game?
A: We plan to provide you with monthly updates and patch notes to accompany those updates.

Q: Will you implement the Tactical Board into the game?
A: We do not currently plan on implementing the Tactical Board into the game itself.

Q: You have shared your one year plan with us. Will we get any updates after the first year?
A: It is our ambition to keep supporting the game Post-Launch for as long as possible.

Q: Will we get anymore infographics or statistics?
A: We are currently working on something along these lines. We will share more info on it when we're ready.

Q: I sometimes experience trouble with voice comms. Will these be fixed?
A: We are aware of those issues and are currently working on fixing them. We hope to bring this to you as soon as possible.

Q: I feel like I should get a larger Renown bonus from my Season Pass.
A: We do not have plans to change the renown bonuses for Season Pass owners at the moment. We are tracking the game's economy and if we believe changes should be done, then we will address this.

Q: Will I ever be able to customize my Operator between rounds/matches without leaving?
A: This is a feature that is on our wish list for future improvements. We do not have an ETA for this at the moment.

Q: Will we see more weapon attachments for all guns in a later update?
A: We are currently discussing the possibility of adding more weapons attachments in the future.

Q: Can we get more detailed weapon stats when looking at weapons with attachments?
A: This is not a part of the current plan.

Q: Will we have more weapon skins in future updates?
A: Yes!

Q: Will we be able to view global leaderboards for various stats/modes?
A: Not at this time, but we are looking into it for the future.

Q: Can we spectate live matches?
A: Not for public matchmaking. We are planning on bringing the Spectator Camera to all platforms, on dedicated servers, within custom games, in early 2016.

Q: What changes do you have planned for the Ranked playlist?
A: We have a communication about our vision for all game's playlists (casual, ranked...) that should answer all your questions. It will be released this month.

Q: Would it be possible to let us type more characters in the in-game chat messages?
A: The character limit will now be set to 128 in the mid-December title update.

Q: Will you be implementing a chat history feature?
A: We do not currently plan on implementing a chat history feature.

Q: Why is the blood splatter orange?
A: This is a bug. It will be fixed in the next update (mid-December).

Q: I find it difficult to distinguish friendlies and enemies. Are there any plans to have matching team uniforms?
A: We do not have plans for this at the moment. We are looking at improving the current system to help distinguish friends from foes without disrupting the experience and immersion.

Q: Will we see the cancelled Yacht map in future DLC?
A: We do not wish to spoil our DLC content plans at this time. Maybe there is a Yacht, maybe nacht.

Q: Will you be releasing a map editor/Steam workshop functionality?
A: This is not a part of our current plans.

Q: How will balancing issues be addressed? Will it be based on player performance or will it be placed mostly on community feedback?
A: We are and will continue to collect hard data, as well as community feedback. We will be having monthly patches, and balancing updates will be a part of these.

Q: Will you be adding advanced functionality for in-game lights and lamps? Possibly adding flashlights or night/thermal optics?
A: Although we love the idea, it is very demanding for GPUs performance, and has strong design implications. It is not in our plans at the moment to have advanced functionalities for in-game lights.

Q: Will you be implementing clan tags?
A: We are working on something similar.

Q: Will you allow us further customization of Terrorist Hunt matches?
A: We do not currently plan on implementing customization options for Terrorist Hunt matches.

Q: Will you allow for customization of recruit weapons?
A: This does not currently fit with our design vision for the Operator system.

Q: Will you be providing support for colorblind players, such as a colorblind mode?
A: This is on our wish list for future development.

Q: Do you plan on randomizing camera placement?
A: Limiting randomness in PvP is a design decision, which includes camera placement.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Lol does he seriously say that. Ugh.

Their first match the chat was immediately every bad cliche of online multiplayer text chat rolled into one. Homophobic slurs for days. Casual playlist is a real bad scene.

But yeah Austin is bad at this game and clearly inexperienced.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Their first match the chat was immediately every bad cliche of online multiplayer text chat rolled into one. Homophobic slurs for days. Casual playlist is a real bad scene.

But yeah Austin is bad at this game and clearly inexperienced.

The amount of misinformation is also laughable.

"There are no upgrades."

uhhh.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The amount of misinformation is also laughable.

"There are no upgrades."

uhhh.

Yeah I had that reaction too but then I remembered I didn't know about gun upgrades for a good number of hours until I saw someone using scopes and such and it clicked for me there HAD to be upgrades and I went deep into the operators menu and found them. The game does a terrible job of explaining that.

I thought it was pretty obvious--one of the first things I did in the beta. I mean, it does say "Loadout" and the A button (X1) appears when you highlight a weapon.

TheBear

Any tips for getting the hostage out on the last situation? Got it all sorted prior but then there's assholes everywhere outside and I don't last a minute

purg3

slept with Malkin
Any tips for getting the hostage out on the last situation? Got it all sorted prior but then there's assholes everywhere outside and I don't last a minute

You can release the hostage and move up to kill some dudes, then go back and get the hostage. Repeat until you are at the extraction point.

I hope Ubisoft gets the kinks worked out, and continues to support this game.

Because, issues aside, it seems like a really solid fun game.

Top Bottom