• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

Out of all the possible reasons to call it fake, the most biggest one to me would be it wouldn't say "Joins the Battle!" Don't most, if not all characters have their own witty blurbs to take place of a generic line like that?

"Rayman winds up!" would have been more convincing, for example.

Not unlockables, those have the generic "Joins the Battle!" lines.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
how would a rayman amiibo work

B91SFFCIEAAKuqS.jpg

Dryk

Out of all the possible reasons to call it fake, the most biggest one to me would be it wouldn't say "Joins the Battle!" Don't most, if not all characters have their own witty blurbs to take place of a generic line like that?

Only in the trailers. The screen that comes up when you unlock characters always says "____ joins the battle".

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It's pre-release all over again.

Haha, yes.

how would a rayman amiibo work

Clear Support I guess?

Oh God here we go again >.>

Our Thirst will never end. :p

Oh God

I knew it

Now that we have DLCs we'll never leave the Smash pre-release cycle.

Bingo, but I don't really expect any more characters other than Mewtwo. I saw the rumor early this afternoon but I'm not sure how I felt about the rumor.

Richie

Y'know, there'd be something really fitting about Ubisoft's playable representation in the game being DLC and not part of the main package.

Keep in mind that 4chan also produced these images, which turned out to be legitimate leaks (except the DLC stuff).

To be fair the dlc stuff may come true in the end

I dunno seems like it could be real, having Rayman in the game just as a trophy for no reason always seemed extremely bizarre.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wonder what would happens to Spainkiller if Spainkiller is wrong about other 2 (or 3) DLC characters. That's if Rayman is legit.

That too.

Its missing something witty and they actually gave Rayman eyebrows are much more thicker than his other designs in other games.

I also don't trust that Mewtwo render.

Not unlockables, those have the generic "Joins the Battle!" lines.

Oh, nvm then.

I suppose I'm open minded to this "leak" but Mewtwo's face keeps throwing me off. He looks almost...cocky? He's always supposed to be neutral or angry.

Then again, I still think a number of the promo artwork look weird (mainly the "animated" ones) so maybe that's a point in its favor? Lol

Roo

It looks fake to be honest.
but again, the ESRB leak images looked fake too so...
I'm not opposed to the idea tho.
I think Rayman is a great character and he already has some cool moves he could use in Smash Bros.

To be honest, I always thought it was weird Globox and Rayman got a trophy in this game for no apparent reason..

From what I've heard, Ubisoft wanted Rayman in Smash and Sakurai didn't think he fit.

I could easily see him changing his mind and could just as easily see him not.

It's the character unlock screen. It says "Joins the battle" for EVERY character

dark_pit_joins_the_battle__by_dumbass_mcgee-d87bj41.jpg

falco_joins_the_battle__by_dumbass_mcgee-d877n90.jpg

I wonder what would happens to Spainkiller if Spainkiller is wrong about other 2 (or 3) DLC characters. That's if Rayman is legit.

I'm sure Dixie Kong is just off screen in that roster shot, time to get that false hope going once more and reopen old wounds.
The ride never ends.

Rosur

Rayman would be a cool dlc char. I hope it ends up being real and we get more than just mew-two for dlc.

Chunky

The superior -man making it into smash would be awesome.
As a massive Rayman fan, I really, really hope this is true, but without anything more concrete it's hard to get excited.

Things that give this some credibilty:
1) The render/Lum icon look pretty legit. Wouldn't put that amount of effort past fake-leakers, but it doesn't immediately scream fake.
2) It would make the trophy make a fuckload more sense if Rayman was originally in the game but was delayed for DLC
3) Surely Mewtwo won't be the only DLC character? Even if it's not ol rayray, I have to imagine there will be other characters released.

Top Bottom