• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

Eh

Almost hypocritical when I defended the ESRB leak so hard, but this seems fake-ish. It feels way too clean, the image of Rayman's intro thing is pointlessly reduced

GamerJM

Banned
4295003-tumblr_n8jcsuzudw1qk0z6co1_500.gif

Jawmuncher

I'm gonna be pissed if Ray man makes it in.
Not because I don't like him but because I NEED snake back. At this point I see every third party charcter on the roster as taking his spot.

MrBadger

Looks incredibly fake. I'm not gonna believe this for a second

4chan was sauce for the real smash 3ds leaks

No it wasn't. They existed long before some guy on /v/ decided to post them publicly, and the person who did post them had no inside knowledge on the game or connections at Nintendo.

NotLiquid

Rayman's character select icon is a lum, which is a relatively believable series icon to have.
The character design seems primarily based off of the Trophy design which has thicker eyebrows than Rayman usually has (not to this degree but you get the gist).
The splash screen doesn't have a pun because it's the unlock screen, everything from form in there to the CSS is literally on-the-nose, from font to alignment.
Most notable of all is the fact that Rayman's character render is based on the original Rayman box art. Mewtwo's new render also has enough detail in it to look relatively believable. It does look... basic, I'll give it that.

I'm still skeptical and believe it's primarily fake. The main two reasons I don't believe this is because of balladofwindfishes' aforementioned CSS positioning argument, as well as there not being any video. But if this is a fake you can't convince me it's a terrible one, because the quality is pretty incredible and it's clear whoever made it did their research for most of the part.

guys
guys
guys
think of the alt skins
I want goth rayman, granny rayman, Edward Kenway rayman, Dark rayman and of course that nude rayman with the leaf over his dong
I want rayman. Lol

This is an image by redditor spanksmcdoodle who used photoshop. He found that the characters match up perfectly with the CSS.

But they don't

Captain Falcon can't be there. It would make him out of order. Look at the official roster. Separate all of the one offs out and they're in order of release. Game and Watch is first, Xenoblade is last.

The only logical change is Doc moving up to the Mario characters. That's the only way it can work without breaking the established chronological design.

Team Neutral is always the best team because stranger leaks have been real before
and you can also laugh at which ever team is wrong

Lijik

If it's a fake it's pretty well done.

I'd be a bit dissapointed though

yeah i really like it, japanese crash eyebrows and all. If it turns out to be fake whoever made it should put up a clean version of the render

Most notable of all is the fact that Rayman's character render is based on the original Rayman box art. Mewtwo's new render also has enough detail in it to look relatively believable. It does look... basic, I'll give it that.y incredible and it's clear whoever made it did their research for most of the part.

ooh thats a good catch

AdanVC

Fake just because of those eye brows. The real tropy of Rayman in Smash doesn't have those tick lines in there omg.

Good catch.

It's probably fake.
Actually, no...

That's not how it looks in game. I'm looking the actual game at this exact moment and the character names are BELOW the portraits. Hell, you can just go to a random Twitch or Youtube channel and see it. The real character select screen matches up with the Rayman pics.

You never know. A lot of you guys here thought duck hunt was fake because of off screen images. Keep your mind open. Random enough he was a trophy so being a character could be possible. Even a tiny bit.

ohNOitsRO

Fake?.. I don't knoooow.. 😯

Everyone thought duck hunt and bowser Jr were fake for a while there too... And this kinda feels like one of those leaks..

Crocodile

#Team Fake on this one

To be fair the dlc stuff may come true in the end

I dunno seems like it could be real, having Rayman in the game just as a trophy for no reason always seemed extremely bizarre.

Ubisoft gave them the assets and we know from reliable sources that Ubisoft tried to get Rayman in the game.

Ahnez

Those are decent, actually.

Even if those are fake, I think Rayman is one of the most likely characters to be added as DLC

Top Bottom