• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

AdanVC

But actually... This pics look pretty convincing. Even the symbol behind Rayman and everything. Oh well, having it on Smash doesn't hurt anybody. Rayman Legends was awesome.

I mean, if Ubisoft funded the additional development time for the character themselves, I guess I could see it happening. Otherwise, I don't really think Rayman has even a slight chance.

Still, even if I don't exactly like the guy, I can't possibly be miffed about getting new DLC characters, especially if we might not have otherwise. Still won't humor the possibility of this being real until more substantial evidence shows, though.

NotLiquid

taken from the 4chan thread...

1423945587202.jpg

??

Nope.

OQmCdJZ.png

The shadow only shows up when you actually select the character

Maybe they changed that. I can't see this being a deciding factor that it's fake. If the leaker is a game tester, he's playing a tba version with unknown changes.
That's not how the names look in the actual game. Just boot up the game and have a look yourself. Or find a random Twitch stream or Youtube video.

I find it kind of strange that it looks to be a whole new model. Sure, if it's real, why not touch it up. But if it's fan made, I can see the faker being a real good 3d artist who goes through the trouble so it's not an obvious fake.

That said, I'd love it to be true along with a Rayman Origins stage.

Neiteio

Typing from mobile. I remember reports from last year saying Ubisoft wanted Rayman in Smash, and the trophy was a consolation prize, if you would. So who knows - maybe Sakurai will go beyond a token gesture. For my tastes, Rayman is like the only multi-installment Ubi franchise that hasn't had a bad entry in years. But just the fact it's Ubi by association makes it feel kind of... icky. Still, I'd accept him in Smash.

LAA

Hope it's real, but yeah don't like the eyebrows or the character pose, but what's interesting is if this is true...how are they gonna distribute it? I thought it was said they wouldn't do paid dlc? Or will they?

Qurupeke

That's not how the names look in the actual game. Just boot up the game and have a look yourself. Or find a random Twitch stream or Youtube video.

I know but still I'm saying that this is supposedly an unreleased version of the game. It wouldn't be surprising to have minor differences with the game right now. You can't debunk a rumor only because of that.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Oh, ahh, hngghhh... Maybe? I don't want to do this dance again.

Also, what does that mean for Commander Video?

Seiniyta

This was my first thought.

But I said the same thing about Dr Mario and others with the ESRB leak soooo...

Probably because we're not used to them. And regarding Mewtwo looking basic and different from the dlc. The mewtwo render would match the look she had in the latest movie she appeared in. Now I question if Mewtwo has an alternate skin that has the more masculine version.

If Rayman is a dlc character, I wonder if there's going to be a rayman legends/orgins themed stage. Can you imagine a stage based on the forest levels? They would blow Gauir plains out of the water in terms of background for sure.

(though I never liked omega gauir plains on WiiU because textures on the stage themselves aren't pretty)

Doc moving to the Mario characters is the only way my mind can wrap around the CSS being adjusted.

There's no other way I can make it work in my head unless they change the specific order they had already established for one character.

Moving Falcon to the first row just doesn't work. He'd be the only non-clone/non-third party character out of order if that was the case.

But this is a perfectly fine and reasonable solution, so it's not like it kills the leak.

Top Bottom