• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recore announced (Spring 2016, Armature and Inafune, Xbox One exclusive)

They just done a little feature of this on Inside XBox and it gave some good information on the game, gameplay and story.

Hope this is AAA, I shall get it regardless of its target.

blakep267

There were a few new deets in the Xbox Daily show today. I tuned in too late, don't suppose anybody watching recorded it...?

this was what I was able to glean from the interview

-map changes with each sand storm
- friendly and enemy robots
- the robot mack's core can get put into other robots
- can upgrade cores
- also other companion robots

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I always love how MS acknowledges their competitors greatness with comments like Banjo in Smash and now this about Metroid Prime. Hope they have something special here.

Shiggy

Kind of, although Playtonic has more ex Rare folks than Armature does Retro folks.

Huh? Armature has more people who've worked on a Metroid Prime game than Playtonic has employees in total.

Retro still has more employees who've worked on a Metroid game nonetheless.

Design: Jay Fuller, Russell O'Henly, Brandon Paul Salinas, Andy Schwalenberg, Bill Vandervoort, Jonathon Delange
Principal Art: Elben Schafers
Senior Art: Chuck Crist, Ryan Powell
Art: Sean Horton, Matt Manchester, Teague Shultz, Thomas Robins, Amanda Rotella
Engineering: Ryan Cornelius, Jim Gage, Andy Hanson, Frank Maddin, Eric Rehmeyer, Jesse Spears, Aaron Walker
Animation Lead: Vince Joly
Senior Animation: Derek Bonikowski, Dax Pallotta
Animation: William Bate, Carlos Mendieta, Stephen Zafros, Raphael Perkins
Audio Supervisor: Scott Petersen

As you can see, they mainly lost senior staff to Armature (and other ventures). The art team definitely lost most people.

Not sure if this is already known but I asked earlier if ReCore was a smaller-scale digital release or a retail game and it looks like it may be the latter, going by the Microsoft Store. Pretty exciting! I'm pretty sure this will be Armature's first big console release!

glaurung

This and Horizon are the two coolest new IPs out of E3.

Do we know anything about the actual game play for Recore though? RPG elements? Bot-based puzzle solving? Platforming? Crafting?

I've been trying to find that out myself. I watched an interview with Inafune about it and didn't get that information either. The most I've seen is the blurb a few posts back.

14 months in dev should of been enough for some type of ingame anything. Just wish we saw a bit more. I really like that box art though making me a bit more excited.

rrc1594

This and Horizon are the two coolest new IPs out of E3.

Do we know anything about the actual game play for Recore though? RPG elements? Bot-based puzzle solving? Platforming? Crafting?

What we know it's a Action/Adventure with survival elements. A long your journey you have different robot companions. The terrain will mostly be desert

Lazaro

Cool.

I can't be the only one that notice this similarity...

9LhhlYhtiAIS.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

latest

Lemondish

They just done a little feature of this on Inside XBox and it gave some good information on the game, gameplay and story.

Hope this is AAA, I shall get it regardless of its target.

Share some of the details?

As a PS guy, this was the Microsoft game I'm most excited for.

Hex

Banned
Really suprised that this did not get more attention.
Could definitely be a sleeper and something amazing.

Curious about this one.

More at Gamescom would be nice. MS's showd paled next to Sony's for me, but their GC line-up sounds awesome. Can't wait to see those games.

Lemondish

Really suprised that this did not get more attention.
Could definitely be a sleeper and something amazing.

I think it might be because of the lack of gameplay. The world looks unique and interesting, and while I'm personally pumped for it, I totally understand those that would want to wait a bit to see how it actually plays or looks in action.

Curious about this one.

More at Gamescom would be nice. MS's showd paled next to Sony's for me, but their GC line-up sounds awesome. Can't wait to see those games.

And they'll be able to breathe without having a competing platform conference there, I think.

levyjl1988

Banned
This is refreshing.

I can already imagine the gameplay. Taking orbs putting it into fitted slots to activate robots, switches, etc.
Seems to be a third person game, there's a hookshot. I can imagine stealth game types and gung ho third person shooting while taking cover and signalling your A.I companion to activate switches , walk forward taking hits as you take cover behind them, etc.

I cannot wait. Protagonist looks attractive and a powerful emotionally driven female character. Let's see how this turns out.

RoKKeR

This is refreshing.

I can already imagine the gameplay. Taking orbs putting it into fitted slots to activate robots, switches, etc.
Seems to be a third person game, there's a hookshot. I can imagine stealth game types and gung ho third person shooting while taking cover and signalling your A.I companion to activate switches , walk forward taking hits as you take cover behind them, etc.

I cannot wait. Protagonist looks attractive and a powerful emotionally driven female character. Let's see how this turns out.
Yeah, very promising. Hope to learn more about it at Gamescom.

Lemondish

This is refreshing.

I imagine the game to be all about constantly sacrificing the core in battle or during puzzles, much like the trailer showed. Seems the core will likely not maintain the same form throughout the whole game.

I sincerely hope it shifts dynamically based on player choice and circumstance and isn't just a linear story based progression where each playthrough is the same. I imagine that battles and puzzles will need to be approached differently based on the current frame the core resides within, which is a super exciting concept, I think.

All of this is what I imagined the game could provide, which is where my excitement comes from.

However, I'm starting to rein in the excitement until I see actual gameplay.

14 months in dev should of been enough for some type of ingame anything. Just wish we saw a bit more. I really like that box art though making me a bit more excited.

That's weird. A new IP built in 24 months (april 2016 more or less)??? That's 2 years. Sounds like too little time.
I think it will be delayed to Fall 2016.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Not that it will detract from the games quality, but I stil suspect this is 2.5D. Has there been any confirmation that it's a full 3D game? Given Inafune's background and the lack of gameplay footage apparently so close to release, I suspect it was done intentionally because Microsoft was worried 2.5D would cause people not to take the game seriously.

Not that it will detract from the games quality, but I stil suspect this is 2.5D. Has there been any confirmation that it's a full 3D game? Given Inafune's background and the lack of gameplay footage apparently so close to release, I suspect it was done intentionally because Microsoft was worried 2.5D would cause people not to take the game seriously.

Kinda Funny Games referred to it as AAA and Aaron Greenberg didn't correct them. Retailers have put up box arts for it, not an exact science but we'll see

I think its more likely to be a premium digital title (or $40 game) in 3D than it is to be a 2.5D game

Kinda Funny Games referred to it as AAA and Aaron Greenberg didn't correct them. Retailers have put up box arts for it, not an exact science but we'll see

I think its more likely to be a premium digital title (or $40 game) in 3D than it is to be a 2.5D game

It was referred to as a third person action/adventure game in the GameSpot interview. It's also available for pre-order at the Microsoft store for $60. This is definitely a full-priced retail release.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
It was referred to as a third person action/adventure game in the GameSpot interview. It's also available for pre-order at the Microsoft store for $60. This is definitely a full-priced retail release.

Oh ok. So it then the decision to go with a CG trailer seems even stranger so close to release no? Unless this was never intended to release early next year and we get the inevitable delay.

Doukou

I'm hoping this is a Megaman Legends spiritual successor.

I find it weird that you can already buy, shirts and a poster for it.

Top Bottom