• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recore announced (Spring 2016, Armature and Inafune, Xbox One exclusive)

Falchion

I like the wandering through the desert bit. Give me some wide open spaces to explore with my robo dog and I'll be happy.

Does anyone know if this is a retail or downloadable game akin to Ori?

CG trailer, I would expect the former, but you never know.

Getting it either way.

I mean, guess this is a game. Hopefully some day I'll get to know what it looks and plays like. Could be shit for all I know. But the core concept seems ok maybe. And the nomad+dog thing.

Sydle

This and Sea of Thieves were the most interesting things announced at the MS conference. Glad to see they're making some new IP.

This is the only game from MS conference which was interesting to my tastes but still need to see more of it as they showed only CG.

seady

Finally a game that makes me want a Xbox One.

The trailer gives me an idea of what the game's concept is. The core will be the central elements and you will probably transplant it into different bodies to solve different puzzles.

That was a wonderful surprise, the trailer gave me goosebumps. Glad Microsoft is taking chances on games like this. Real beautiful art style.

Well I just had to make a new avatar.
Love this art style!

Here's some more, free to take:
VqYLbhJ.jpg
dMk9bSH.jpg
TMH6x4A.jpg

RoKKeR

Happy to see this game coming so soon. Yeah it was a CG trailer but I really loved the style and premise. And new IP, woo!

Very excited. Armature has some to prove but hopefully they can let their imaginations go. I can imagine that Batman game they had some limits. IDK. I am keeping a close eye on it. But wow Spring 2016? I see a delay since there was no gameplay.

Gameplay footage at Gamescom?

If they don't show any at Gamescom its not hitting in Spring 16

Very excited. Armature has some to prove but hopefully they can let their imaginations go. I can imagine that Batman game they had some limits. IDK. I am keeping a close eye on it. But wow Spring 2016? I see a delay since there was no gameplay.

I bet they put together the cgi trailer so they didn't have to show gameplay before Gamescom. Phil confirmed today their plans for Gamescom titles to be releasing before E3 "if ready", he was referring to a question about Quantum Break, Scalebound and Crackdown, but I'm confident he specifically meant QB/SB

rokkerkory

can't believe this isn't getting more love, but guess that's because no gameplay yet...

really like the direction however

BTM

From the games website:

From the legendary creator Keiji Inafune and the makers of Metroid Prime comes “ReCore”, an action-adventure masterfully crafted for a new generation.

As one of the last remaining humans on a planet controlled by robotic foes bent on your destruction, you must forge friendships with a courageous group of robot companions, each with unique abilities and powers. Lead this band of unlikely heroes on an epic adventure through a mysterious, dynamic world.

You can’t save mankind alone.

The last time I got hyped for another game made by "The Creators of Metroid Prime" Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate happened. So I'm keeping my expectations in check.

Still fingers crossed though.

I have absolutely no confidence in Armature after that poor Batman Arkham game they did and their scrapped Mega Man game that looked terrible. I will say the trailer looked cool and I did love the original Metroid Prime though so here's hoping.

Who is Inafune again? Also I have absolutely no confidence in Armature after that poor Batman Arkham game they did and their scrapped Mega Man game that looked terrible. I will say the trailer looked cool and I did love the original Metroid Prime though so here's hoping.

Inafune made Mega Man and is now working on Mighty No 9, he also worked on Soul Sacrifice for PSVita iirc

NahaNago

a spring 2016 release date with no gameplay trailer for e3 just sounds off to me. All they have left is like i think maybe 2 more major conferences until it gets released unless this is actually just a really small creative game that could be popped out in less than a year.

a spring 2016 release date with no gameplay trailer for e3 just sounds off to me. All they have left is like i think maybe 2 more major conferences until it gets released unless this is actually just a really small creative game that could be popped out in less than a year.

Gamescom is in 6 weeks~, it will get its gameplay reveal there the same as Scalebound, one will hit in Spring (after Quantum Break) and the other will hit around E3, is how I think it'll go.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This has been one of the highlights of the show for me so far. Looks really cool, and the people behind it, good lord.

Reallink

How many millions of dollars have MS blown on these elaborate CG marketing trailers? I don't know what studio did this, but isn't Blur famously 1 million per 30sec? I'm assuming this wasn't that much, but at 2.5 minute it had to be 2 million or more.

NahaNago

Gamescom is in 6 weeks~, it will get its gameplay reveal there the same as Scalebound, one will hit in Spring (after Quantum Break) and the other will hit around E3, is how I think it'll go.

i honestly thought scalebound wouldn't release until 2017 spring at the minimum. Hopefully gamplay does show at gamescom for this game.

rrc1594

Do we know any more about game? I tired of MS showing games and giving no info, can we get a genre Phil! It's coming out in Spring less then a year, we better see gameplay at Gamescom

Top Bottom