• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RegionThree Released For All Non-New 3DS Models - No Game Or Flashcard Required!

If you never link a NNID, then you can apparently.
No you can't (unless you're getting into region swapping hacks perhaps but I've only seen one proof of concept video of a region change done). You can download out of country digital games by not having an NNID though (as you can just change country setting on the system setting and be let into another eShop rather than being told "no your NNID says you must use this country, oh you picked Brazil where you can't buy anything because we, NOA can't be bothered to comply with Brazilian banking laws, tough") but the countries you can pick are those in your region.

donny2112

Slime Morimori 3 (Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 2) came in the mail today, and played it for a bit. All in Japanese, but was able to get through the first couple of tutorials before needing to get back to other responsibilities. Interested to see how it plays out, and if there will be any parts that require text clues (that I can't read) to get past. Hopefully not! :)

Sakujou

Banned
stupid question, but is it possible, that 9.5.0-22u is not working anymore? it doesnt work properly with the android app :( i hope someone is able to help out.
dont want to connect to the internet.

SerTapTap

stupid question, but is it possible, that 9.5.0-22u is not working anymore? it doesnt work properly with the android app :( i hope someone is able to help out.
dont want to connect to the internet.

Doesn't work here either as of today. What's the deal? Worked fine until I transfered 3DS. Launcher.dat is still on my 3DS's card, go to the website, crashes instead of launching the game.

A quick thing that might work (but probably won't). Delete history and cache from the web browser then try again. I've heard that working for other spidertools related hacks.

SerTapTap

A quick thing that might work (but probably won't). Delete history and cache from the web browser then try again. I've heard that working for other spidertools related hacks.

Ugh nevermind I'm an idiot and forgot to launch download play first. Works fine now. Kind of glad I have nothing else to use this 3DS for so I never have to worry about getting back in/out of game. Do wish I could update though

jzbluz

Okay! Got my games today and it worked great! But wow, the kanji looks so blurry in my 3ds xl. I wonder if it looks better in a normal 3ds.

I just found this thread and was wondering if there are any other Japanese 3DS games that have english like GYAKUTEN SAIBAN 123 that were only released on the eShop?

Firmware update 9.5.0-23 patches the web browser. Other spiderhacks (e.g. pcout, shuffleshop) no longer work so it sounds like the entrypoint is fixed. So, if you want to keep playing import games, don't update.

This means that I can finally buy and play the physical version of SMT IV.
Yeah as long as never you update your 3DS and am happing about missing out on all the DLC the game has to offer.

Yeah as long as never you update your 3DS and am happing about missing out on all the DLC the game has to offer.

Regionfree should by-pass any version check as well... You do lose out on games with DLC, but simply a game requiring a higher version number isn't a big deal at least and thus system upgrades are less necessary.

Top Bottom